• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't think Miraculous Ladybug is that good of a show. I mean, I'll definitely watch it over stuff like Breadwinners or Uncle Grandpa, but it's so formulaic and uninspired. All the characters sans Marinette and Adrien are boring and dull, the story doesn't go anywhere, there's nothing but filler except for three episodes, Hawkmoth is pretty much the textbook example of how NOT to write a compelling cartoon villain, Chloe is a complete Regina George caricature/mean girl stereotype with no depth or character whatsoever (And by GOD her voice is screechy as hell!), I could go on! It's like the show's afraid to get out of its comfort zone and try to stand out. To me, it's just painfully average. But then again, maybe that'll change when the second season comes out.

I actually like Little Britain. I think it's hilarious - I especially think Vicky Pollard is funny.

-the show arrow was ruined when they introduced sara lance. awful character. i hated her so much.
-people really need to stop calling all electronic music dubstep, especially since dubstep is very easy to tell apart from other subgenres.

Suicide Squad was undoubtedly bad, but I did have a ton of fun watching it.

• Yu-Gi-Oh Xexel, and Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V are absolutely horrendous and among some of the worst anime series I've ever seen. Not even Bayblade was as bad as these technicolour cringefests.
  • Levi is one of the most boring, overrated characters in Attack on Titan. I never understood why most fans worship him like some sort of God. RBA are the best characters in my opinion.
  • I despise Linkin Park. Seriously, they would have to be one of the worst bands in existence, and I hate all of their songs. They also give of that "edgy teen" vibe, which I can't stand. I also dislike bands such as Paramore, and Fall Out Boy for this reason as well. Although at least I do like some of their songs.
  • The new Ghost in the Shell movie isn't bad. Sure it isn't as good as the original, but the effects were freaking amazing, and some of the action scenes were awesome. Overall it is a pretty decent adaption.

Last edited:
- i wish attack on titan would go away solely because i have a deep childhood phobia about giants. selfish, yes, but aren't we all.
- i don't care if miss kobayashi's dragon maid "is a good show" or "has good animation". it's clogging one of my main image sites with awful hodgepodge designs and preposterous anime boobies that make me want to scream both as an artist and anatomy enthusiast. the leviathan girl is the worst offender. terrible design in general, but especially awful since leviathan is one of the most badass mythical creatures out there. and an ugly unicorn is what japan thought of. why.
-lillie is a trash waifu, fite me.

Okay, I've got some more;
  • Trivium is not a bad band. Most metalheads I've come across dismiss them as garbage and "sell-outs", and hate on anyone who likes them. *Shrugs* I think they're cool.
  • I think Megadeth is much better than Metallica.
  • I actually like paranormal shows. Yeah, I understand 90% of them are faked, but they're still entertaining nonetheless.
  • I think mainstream EDM artists such as David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Martin Garrix, and The Chainsmokers aren't that bad. I mean, not all of their stuff is great, but they do have some solid tunes.
  • Marvel is leagues better than DC. (EDIT: I take this back! I've lost faith in marvel after the garbage, agenda-pushing comics they have been churning out lately.)
  • I though the movie The Boss was funny. Unfortunately not many people seem to agree with me.
  • Nightcore music is rubbish. There, I said it.

Last edited:
- superheroes are ridiculous and i think they're just cringy. say what you will about deeper meanings and well-written stories, their outfits are still laughable and tacky. i can't see batman as cool, he's a grown ass man wearing a bat suit.

- i don't care if miss kobayashi's dragon maid "is a good show" or "has good animation". it's clogging one of my main image sites with awful hodgepodge designs and preposterous anime boobies that make me want to scream both as an artist and anatomy enthusiast. the leviathan girl is the worst offender. terrible design in general, but especially awful since leviathan is one of the most badass mythical creatures out there. and an ugly unicorn is what japan thought of. why.

Ffrom the context of the size description and other descriptions about the creature, as well as other contextual clues, quite likely it's not mythical at all. We just have a different name for it than was held in the ancient past.

Given all of the clues, quite likely this is the leviathan from myth:

f0k5103-2.jpg

Sadly, the ugly unicorn is probably an improvement as far as modern audiences go.

- i think fan songs that just dump actual character names and events of the series they're based on into the lyrics need to go away. i think songs that use references subtle enough to make the song understandable and enjoyable to non-fandom listeners are better. such as sight unseen by blackgryphon. i honestly didn't realize it was a fluttershy themed song before the video was uploaded. and knowing that took nothing away, only added another layer of enjoyment. those are the kinds of songs i wanna see more of.

Ffrom the context of the size description and other descriptions about the creature, as well as other contextual clues, quite likely it's not mythical at all. We just have a different name for it than was held in the ancient past.

Given all of the clues, quite likely this is the leviathan from myth:

[picture of whale]

Sadly, the ugly unicorn is probably an improvement as far as modern audiences go.

i'm intrigued by the interpretation of leviathan as a whale - previously i've only seen it compared to crocodiles (something it's often translated as) and plesiosaurs, but i guess you can match a lot of descriptions of whales to the verses of job 41. even the fire breathing parts could be considered water jets. though i still find the descriptions to match a scaled creature more myself.
but in any case, i call leviathan a mythical creature mostly just because my religion teacher said that myths are still called myths in theology, but the term "myth" there doesn't imply falsehood. and since leviathan appears in "myth", it could be considered a "mythical creature". that, and i didn't know what else to call it at the time.
many mythical creatures, regardless of their origin, are based off real creatures. the western dragon is a hodgepodge of feared animals (crocodile, snake, bat, you name it) and the ichneumon is basically a mongoose. centaurs were merely horseback humans. there are many "mythical creatures" in middle ages bestiaries that turn out to just be reconstructions of shoddy descriptions of foreign animals (the giraffe was called camelopardalis once, since it was said to be a hybrid of a camel and a leopard). in the end, i don't really see how real life origins would result in not being able to use religious or folk texts as inspiration.

but this conversation probably doesn't belong here, so if you still want to continue, you can do it on my page. if not, have a nice day, i guess.

i don't get future bass. every single time i try to give a new future bass song a chance, i just get something that sounds exactly like the other, and it's a sound i think is pretty underwhelming for something that's supposed to be "mindblowing". all i ever get is boring synth "drops" and animu grills in the spliced vocals (and water noises for some reason?).
don't get me wrong, i'm not one of those "all edm sounds the same" people. i love edm and its infinite variety. it's actually exactly why i'm so confused about future bass and how every track i seem to come across sounds the same.

- DreamWorks seriously needs a Michael Eisner if it wants to improve. Once the company goes to NBC Universal, all we'll ever be seeing are sequels and attempts to make big franchises which is a real shame because the company used to make quality films. Now it seems as if they've lost their way.

- I think the quality of Canadian cartoons has dropped and will continue to drop. It's as if the country is so afraid of coming up with original ideas that they need to copy and paste ideas from other popular shows.

- Tom and Jerry has become a joke now. No matter how hard Warner has tried to recreate the magic of the original shorts they've always failed and that bloody awful Willy Wonka crossover they're doing isn't doing em any favours. At least Scooby Doo has the guts to try something new each series.

- I prefer hearing the Additional Voices in animated films than the big stars. I mean don't get me wrong, the big stars still do the best they can with the material but with the Additional stuff it always feels like a breath of fresh air to me.

- DreamWorks seriously needs a Michael Eisner if it wants to improve. Once the company goes to NBC Universal, all we'll ever be seeing are sequels and attempts to make big franchises which is a real shame because the company used to make quality films. Now it seems as if they've lost their way.

The studio really needs to start making films with some real heart. Zany premises might do alright on a holiday weekend but it'll never be more than just "alright"

- I prefer hearing the Additional Voices in animated films than the big stars. I mean don't get me wrong, the big stars still do the best they can with the material but with the Additional stuff it always feels like a breath of fresh air to me.

That, too. It doesn't help that there are plenty of - what would you call them? Film actors? - who simply can't voice act

• I don't think "Strobe" is deadmau5's best song. Don't get me wrong, I love the song, but I just feel it gets a bit over-hyped at times. The Veldt, HR 9838 Cephei, Jaded, Pets, Brazil (2nd Edit), Channel 42, Polaris, and Arcadia are songs of his that I feel are just as good, some if not better, than Strobe.
  • I don't like non-animated superhero TV shows. I've yet to watch one that I actually enjoy.
  • I'm not really a fan of Tiesto. I mean, I love his older stuff, but not so much his newer tracks. His new stuff is boring to me.
  • I actually like Shrek the Third. Obviously it's not as good as the previous movies, but I still enjoy it a fair amount. Can't say that I'm a huge fan of the forth movie though, but eh, it is okay enough I guess.

Last edited:
- I do like the Crash Mutant games. Sure they're not all that perfect but there's just something that feels different compared to the other games.

- Speaking of Crash, I think Twinsanity is good, not the best Crash game but still good. Could have been better if a ton of stuff wasn't cut out by Vivendi Universal.

- Can't bloody stand the Horror genre nowadays. It's dead. They keep pulling the same 800 billion clichés we've seen before and seeing these waste of films like Bye Bye Man and Rings has only degraded my opinion on the genre even further. Sure, there are some GOOD horror films but nowadays these are so few and far between. It makes me pine for the days of Hammer.

- I'm glad they're not making anymore Terminator films. The franchise has gotten worse and worse with each passing entry, Genisys being a complete disgrace to the franchise.

- Boomerang (the channel) is just not worth watching anymore. They used to show a sheet ton of old classic Hanna-Barbera cartoons and they had some darn good blocks too. Now all the channel has ever aired since the relaunch in 2015 is typical poorly animated CG or Flash crap and the same episodes or shorts of Tom and Jerry and Scooby Doo over and over again. It's a shame because this channel used to mean something. "It's all coming back to you." Now the channel's just worthless and I think it should just disappear.

- Don't watch any sitcoms, they all feel the same and I swear to God and the heavens above if I hear another annoying laugh track one more time... (Talkin to you, Disney Channel)

- I like nearly all Sonic cartoons. (except Underground, that was shit but then again DIC's quality was already starting to decline at that point)

- Anything that is a cartoon turned into live action is immediately put into my bad books. Thank goodness we're seeing less and less of these films.

- Phoenix and Blast are my number one worst game companies ever.

I might have a few:

- The upcoming film, "The Boss Baby" disgusts me beyond belief, even just looking at the title. An infant that has authority over grown men??

giphy_zpszqx88aar.gif

- The zombie apocalypse trend has been done to death; there really shouldn't be any more of them.

- Most, if not all, of those vampire series (i.e. The Vampire Diaries) are predictable & boring.

- Can't bloody stand the Horror genre nowadays. It's dead. They keep pulling the same 800 billion clichés we've seen before and seeing these waste of films like Bye Bye Man and Rings has only degraded my opinion on the genre even further. Sure, there are some GOOD horror films but nowadays these are so few and far between. It makes me pine for the days of Hammer.

- The zombie apocalypse trend has been done to death; there really shouldn't be any more of them.

I definitely agree with these. Horror mostly sucks now and zombie apocalypse movies in particular are beyond played out.

• Not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I feel like Pop music is getting worse. I'll admit I love a lot of pop songs from the 2000s and early 2010s, but in the last 2-3 years barely anything good has come out. Yeah, there has been a few decent songs, but the rest has been either complete rubbish or utterly forgettable.
  • I like Ke$ha's music. I think her stuff is really catchy, and listening too it always puts me in a good mood. I mean, 'Tik Tok' was my jam back in the day.
  • I preferred the live action Beauty and the Beast over the animated version. Please don't kill me...
  • The Grudge is overrated. It wasn't even scary. I could say that about most horror movies though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom