1. Interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff? See details here.
  2. Updated: The forums are going to be down this weekend (tentatively Saturday the 26th) for maintenance as we upgrade the software to XenForo 2. Particularly of note is that blogs are going to be removed for the time being, but we are getting a lot of new features with the upgrade.

For more details, see this thread.

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Inc.' started by dig, Sep 14, 2014.

1. RetroPokeFan

RetroPokeFan Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    - Disney buying Fox is NOT and WILL NOT be a good thing for the film industry since our dear mouse is steering dangerously close to being a monopoly and seeing tweets from random nobody news sites praising it to heaven and back just so they can have their precious X Men and Fantastic Four in the MCU pisses me off to no end.

- Speaking of Disney, their live action remakes of their classic animated films don't need to exist... at all. They always add nothing new to the story (besides The Jungle Book) and they feel like soulless CG fuelled drivel. Just god damn Mickey, do we really need a sort-of-live-action-but-it's-not-really-live-action-because-the-animals-are-all-in-CG-so-it's-still-technically-animated remake of The Lion King? Hell to the bladdy no.

Fennel and Johtohfiller like this.
  2. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Far too mouthy for my own good.

Blog Posts:
    Disney is pretty damned close to being the Umbrella Corporation of entertainment. Nearly everything I've heard about them strikes me as more card-carrying evil than anything even EA aspires to.

RetroPokeFan likes this.
  3. prog rocker

prog rocker Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    At least they have quality control and don't kill everything they buy like EA.

4. Ereshkigal

Blog Posts:
    Disney kills everything that doesn't agree with its PR strategy. For example, they tried to kill Power Rangers because it didn't fit their PR strategy of the time.

5. prog rocker

Blog Posts:
    Wait, what? Power Rangers still exist??? What happened there?

6. Ereshkigal

Blog Posts:
    Disney bought the people doing Power Rangers at the time and told the people making the show, "We don't care what you do, we're ending it after this season."

I've seen several people claim that season is also the best season of Power Rangers, since the cast and crew, upon realizing Disney literally did not care, decided to go nuts. They shot that season as though it were the last and they wanted "greatest season ever" engraved on the show's tombstone.

7. prog rocker

Blog Posts:
    Oh. I don't know if that's a mercy kill or not since I have heard unpleasant things about Saban. Specially what they did to that blue ranger, who got humiliated daily because he was gay.

Then again, Disney also has a history of destroying people's lives, so I guess they are not that different.

8. Kung Fu Ferret

Kung Fu Ferret Dragon King of the Eastern Seas

Blog Posts:
    Hasbro owns Power Rangers and will make it starting this year! Hopefully it's better than the Neo-Saban era, which was pretty much despised by the fandom.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.