• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Reaction score
I enjoyed the new Star Wars trailer and I think people are hating on it just for the sake of hating on recent Star Wars movies.

Reaction score
Digimon Adventure has many flaws that are overlooked by the fans.

It has a angel bias. This strong group of monsters cannot kill a devil or a vampire.

Episode 40 says the two strongest fighters are inexperienced.

The second part throws away the older fighters' power.

God of Life and Death
Reaction score
Digimon Adventure has many flaws that are overlooked by the fans.

It has a angel bias. This strong group of monsters cannot kill a devil or a vampire.

Episode 40 says the two strongest fighters are inexperienced.

The second part throws away the older fighters' power.
Toei/Bandai needs to quit nostalgia pandering and focus on making a totally new Digimon anime, or maybe a sequel to Tamers or Frontier (preferably the former)

Welcome Home, Good Hunter
Reaction score
I'm so sick of hearing about mediocre superhero movies.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Sixteen Candles is an absolutely terrible movie. I can't fathom why anyone likes it. It's awful on so many levels.

Far too mouthy for my own good.
Reaction score
Sixteen Candles is an absolutely terrible movie. I can't fathom why anyone likes it. It's awful on so many levels.
It was released in 1984. Liking it is mostly nostalgia.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
It was released in 1984. Liking it is mostly nostalgia.
I was born in 1993, but this movie...it has an Asian character portrayed as a racial stereotype, 99% of the cast are either jerks or sexual to the point of being creepy, the main character is flat out groped by her own grandmother, and the movie seemingly endorses sexual assault. Yeah...no. If you guys like it, that's cool, but...it's just not for me.

Far too mouthy for my own good.
Reaction score
I was born in 1993, but this movie...it has an Asian character portrayed as a racial stereotype, 99% of the cast are either jerks or sexual to the point of being creepy, the main character is flat out groped by her own grandmother, and the movie seemingly endorses sexual assault. Yeah...no. If you guys like it, that's cool, but...it's just not for me.
What you're getting is a snapshot of just how far the nation has come since the movie was released. At the time it was released, few people saw anything wrong with what was in the movie. Most of the people who had problems back then were the Moral Guardians- the regressives of their era. Thus, at least part of its acceptance was rebellion against those who were viewed as holding society to a less-enlightened age; it's common for the progressives in each era to embrace things to spite the regressives, even when what the progressives are embracing is just horrible if you stop and really think about it.

But, then, yesterday's progressives are always tomorrow's regressives.

grass princess
Reaction score
I saw Sixteen Candles when I was 16 myself (over a decade ago...yikes) and I honestly don't really remember it all that much, but I do remember not being super impressed.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
What you're getting is a snapshot of just how far the nation has come since the movie was released. At the time it was released, few people saw anything wrong with what was in the movie. Most of the people who had problems back then were the Moral Guardians- the regressives of their era. Thus, at least part of its acceptance was rebellion against those who were viewed as holding society to a less-enlightened age; it's common for the progressives in each era to embrace things to spite the regressives, even when what the progressives are embracing is just horrible if you stop and really think about it.

But, then, yesterday's progressives are always tomorrow's regressives.
I suppose. Then again, I don't watch movies just to see how offensive they are. I don't want to be a social justice warrior, especially one of those rabid ones who get off on getting offended by everything, even stuff not worth making a fuss over. I just wanted to see what this one was all about, and...I didn't like it. Oh well. If you guys like it, that's okay.

dig

&* &ED<G>AKA~}JU8j
Reaction score
Game of Thrones is this decade's LOST.

And not in a good way.

Highly popular, great first seasons, everyone's talking about it. But they both take a nose dive in quality. Watching them is more a social thing than an art piece like Twin Peaks, The Wire or whatever. I think a lot of people got into it to share an experience with people around them.

Ultimately, LOST is pretty much forgotten. I think it faded from people's minds quicker than GOT will, but I still think around this time next decade, people won't be ranking GOT anywhere near as high as they do now.

(similarly, I reckon people will stop seeing Breaking Bad as the be all end all of TV too. Again, a bit of a social thing to watch)

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
(similarly, I reckon people will stop seeing Breaking Bad as the be all end all of TV too. Again, a bit of a social thing to watch)
I often wonder how people who saw The Sopranos first feel about Breaking Bad - because to my mind The Sopranos dealt with unlikeable protagonists much more elegantly

Monoceros
Reaction score
I've seen one scene from GoT and it involved Jason Momoa. That was it. Otherwise, I've never seen anything else from the show and I'm not a fan.

♪ Salamence was meant to Fly! ♫
Reaction score
Ed Sheeran suxxxxxxxx. I have absolutely no idea why he's so overly popular.

Reaction score
Ed Sheeran suxxxxxxxx. I have absolutely no idea why he's so overly popular.
Could be worse. Where I live reggaeton is the most popular music, so I guess anything that is not reggaeton, dubstep or auto-tuned pop songs is vastly superior in my opinion (yes, my standards are that low).

On the other hand, Shape of You is one of the worst songs I have ever heard, and it doesn't help that it sounds suspiciously to a sound I actually like (Cheap Thrills), possibly because it was originally written for Rihanna, too. And it is over-played, too.