• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
The fact that it has a completely unique title with no relation to Sound! Euphonium has always confused me. Has this movie been legally released in the West? Since I watched both seasons, it'd be nice to get to watch this.
Yes, it's out on DVD and Blu-Ray here.

Reaction score
I enjoyed the new Star Wars trailer and I think people are hating on it just for the sake of hating on recent Star Wars movies.

Skalesgon

Reaction score
Digimon Adventure has many flaws that are overlooked by the fans.

It has a angel bias. This strong group of monsters cannot kill a devil or a vampire.

Episode 40 says the two strongest fighters are inexperienced.

The second part throws away the older fighters' power.

Kung Fu Ferret

Horrific God of Decay
Reaction score
Digimon Adventure has many flaws that are overlooked by the fans.

It has a angel bias. This strong group of monsters cannot kill a devil or a vampire.

Episode 40 says the two strongest fighters are inexperienced.

The second part throws away the older fighters' power.
Toei/Bandai needs to quit nostalgia pandering and focus on making a totally new Digimon anime, or maybe a sequel to Tamers or Frontier (preferably the former)

lordfridge

Welcome Home, Good Hunter
Reaction score
I'm so sick of hearing about mediocre superhero movies.

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Sixteen Candles is an absolutely terrible movie. I can't fathom why anyone likes it. It's awful on so many levels.

Ereshkigal

Far too mouthy for my own good.
Reaction score
Sixteen Candles is an absolutely terrible movie. I can't fathom why anyone likes it. It's awful on so many levels.
It was released in 1984. Liking it is mostly nostalgia.

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
It was released in 1984. Liking it is mostly nostalgia.
I was born in 1993, but this movie...it has an Asian character portrayed as a racial stereotype, 99% of the cast are either jerks or sexual to the point of being creepy, the main character is flat out groped by her own grandmother, and the movie seemingly endorses sexual assault. Yeah...no. If you guys like it, that's cool, but...it's just not for me.

Ereshkigal

Far too mouthy for my own good.
Reaction score
I was born in 1993, but this movie...it has an Asian character portrayed as a racial stereotype, 99% of the cast are either jerks or sexual to the point of being creepy, the main character is flat out groped by her own grandmother, and the movie seemingly endorses sexual assault. Yeah...no. If you guys like it, that's cool, but...it's just not for me.
What you're getting is a snapshot of just how far the nation has come since the movie was released. At the time it was released, few people saw anything wrong with what was in the movie. Most of the people who had problems back then were the Moral Guardians- the regressives of their era. Thus, at least part of its acceptance was rebellion against those who were viewed as holding society to a less-enlightened age; it's common for the progressives in each era to embrace things to spite the regressives, even when what the progressives are embracing is just horrible if you stop and really think about it.

But, then, yesterday's progressives are always tomorrow's regressives.

Insanish Danish

grass princess
Reaction score
I saw Sixteen Candles when I was 16 myself (over a decade ago...yikes) and I honestly don't really remember it all that much, but I do remember not being super impressed.

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
What you're getting is a snapshot of just how far the nation has come since the movie was released. At the time it was released, few people saw anything wrong with what was in the movie. Most of the people who had problems back then were the Moral Guardians- the regressives of their era. Thus, at least part of its acceptance was rebellion against those who were viewed as holding society to a less-enlightened age; it's common for the progressives in each era to embrace things to spite the regressives, even when what the progressives are embracing is just horrible if you stop and really think about it.

But, then, yesterday's progressives are always tomorrow's regressives.
I suppose. Then again, I don't watch movies just to see how offensive they are. I don't want to be a social justice warrior, especially one of those rabid ones who get off on getting offended by everything, even stuff not worth making a fuss over. I just wanted to see what this one was all about, and...I didn't like it. Oh well. If you guys like it, that's okay.

dig

-
Reaction score
Game of Thrones is this decade's LOST.

And not in a good way.

Highly popular, great first seasons, everyone's talking about it. But they both take a nose dive in quality. Watching them is more a social thing than an art piece like Twin Peaks, The Wire or whatever. I think a lot of people got into it to share an experience with people around them.

Ultimately, LOST is pretty much forgotten. I think it faded from people's minds quicker than GOT will, but I still think around this time next decade, people won't be ranking GOT anywhere near as high as they do now.

(similarly, I reckon people will stop seeing Breaking Bad as the be all end all of TV too. Again, a bit of a social thing to watch)

Beth Pavell

Thesaurus rex
Reaction score
(similarly, I reckon people will stop seeing Breaking Bad as the be all end all of TV too. Again, a bit of a social thing to watch)
I often wonder how people who saw The Sopranos first feel about Breaking Bad - because to my mind The Sopranos dealt with unlikeable protagonists much more elegantly

Silverwynde

#MyLittlePonyta
Reaction score
I've seen one scene from GoT and it involved Jason Momoa. That was it. Otherwise, I've never seen anything else from the show and I'm not a fan.

NMLewis

Reaction score
Ed Sheeran suxxxxxxxx. I have absolutely no idea why he's so overly popular.