• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think The Fox and the Hound is Disney's best film that came out in the eighties.

My opinions: Fast and Furios series weren't that great at all. Yes, the first few movies are my favorite, but the strory itself are getting boring at the time goes by. I know it's sad but hey, at least this year it will be better with the help off a another Hollywood star

Sex and heavy gore doesn't make TV better. Personally I can't watch any movie/TV show, no matter how good it is, if it has this in because it puts me right off.

I know this is going to sound insane, but I really like Uncle Grandpa. The sight gags, puns and general goofiness are really funny to me. I just really enjoy irreverent stuff; even The Problem Solverz was pretty good.

I like old movies better than new ones. No this isn't nostalgia talking I watch many movies that were made before I was born as an adult for the first time and like them more than recent ones.

I like Pacific Rim. It delivers exactly what is promised; giant monsters and giant robots punching the s**t out of each other. So what if it's silly and ridiculous that's the whole point of the movie.

Kyurem vs the Sacred Swordsman sucked, the last good pokemon movie was Zoroark Master of Illusions.

Westerns are awesome I don't get why people say they're boring.

I like old horror movies. Both the hilariously cheesy kind and the legitimately scary kind.

Sex and heavy gore doesn't make TV better. Personally I can't watch any movie/TV show, no matter how good it is, if it has this in because it puts me right off.

THANK YOU.

Westerns are awesome I don't get why people say they're boring.

John Wayne's a personal favorite of mine. Always like watching his movies with my dad whenever he starts playing them. I also like the old tv shows that classify as this too, like Bonanza and Little House on the Prairie.

I like Pacific Rim. It delivers exactly what is promised; giant monsters and giant robots punching the s**t out of each other. So what if it's silly and ridiculous that's the whole point of the movie.

I don't know if that's particularly unpopular (it's had decent reviews), but I also enjoyed Pacific Rim, especially for those reasons. Godzilla was alright, but it didn't deliver much of the big guy.

While other series are better, I still like Star Trek- Voyager. Endgame was a bad finale though.

Not all of the bad moments in Game of Thrones can be written off as the demands of adapting to television or working from incomplete source material. Some of it is just bad acting, bad writing, and pandering to the network

THIS.

I loved that movie like you wouldn't believe. Giant robots beating the ever lovin' hell out of giant monsters? Oh yes please. Sign me right up! And it was one of the only 3D films that was done well--I didn't get eyestrain or a headache while watching it and the effects were amazing. It was probably my favorite movie of 2013.

Another one- Captain America: The First Avenger is only "meh" at best. It introduced some great characters--Peggy Carter among them--but Cap himself was completely bland and the story wasn't too terribly compelling. And I really believe that Tommy Lee Jones' role should have gone to R. Lee Ermey but that's just me.

Most of the TV shows on the commercial channels in Australia turn me off. (Channel 7, 9, and 10) I could care less about My Kitchen Rules, American/Australian Idol, The Block, and their over-dramatizations. The Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones, most episodes of Family Guy(*) I just don't get. The less said about Big Brother the better. And I am so not going to understand NSW's passion for NRL.

The only channel that I like watching? The publicly-owned Australian Broadcast Corporation. They have some awesome and enjoyable shows, and there's much less sensationalism in ABC News24. And I actually set my alarm so that I tune into ABC Classic FM in the mornings.

An even more unpopular opinion: I prefer the current Pokémon Anime season over the above. The obvious exception being ABC

(*) Exception: That time when Peter Griffin as Petoria invaded his neighbours (which was US territory) - that was hilarious!

Last edited:
And I am so not going to understand NSW's passion for NRL.

NRL used to be called NSWRL. It used to be a New South Wales competition until the NRL became a thing. Just like how the AFL was VFL until the 90's. Rugby League is generally a New South Welshman sport.

And I am so not going to understand NSW's passion for NRL.

NRL used to be called NSWRL. It used to be a New South Wales competition until the NRL became a thing. Just like how the AFL was VFL until the 90's. Rugby League is generally a New South Welshman sport.

Righty-O. See, I used to live in Adelaide and Melbourne for over 7+ years before moving to Sydney. So if anything, the AFL is in my blood - and I'm afraid I'm not aware of AFL TV coverage in Sydney. You're in, or used to live in, Australia too?

- Seth McFarlane is the most unfunny person in the world and all of his movies/shows are an affront to comedy.

- Legend of Korra was a piece of wasted potential that didn't even come close to the engaging plot of The Last Airbender.

- St. Anger is one of my favorite Metallica albums...

*runs away from the angry Metallica-fans*

Movies, film, tv:

- I miss the old-fashioned movies which was more action-oriented and simple (even if everything didn't make sense or had gliches) - it had more room for our own minds developing something based on them and made it easier to relax, they were more carefree. Nowadays everything is so detailed, complex and explained already that you have no room for using your own imagination what would happen in the future or creating any theories what makes thing X possible. Nowadays it's just too tense.

- I was never really interested in watching adult entertainment. Am I supposed to feel excited about watching people rubbing their mucosa together - or what's the point in it?

Music:

- I like Nightwish's music, but the singer hasn't mattered much to me. The most important thing in their music to me is that it represents Tuomas's inner world, which is the whole core of their songs and it inspires me. I rarely give this complement, because in many other cases I pay more attention on the music and melody than lyrics.

I prefer Alfred Hitchcock's psychological thrillers to the horror movies we get nowadays.

...I love reality TV shows (even though they're all fake) including Hell's Kitchen and The Bachelor.

Despite being a lover of rock and metal music, I absolutely despise AC/DC because of the horrible, grating vocals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom