• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find Fresh off the Boat extremely boring. I watched the premiere thinking I was going to have a good laugh, but I sat there watching it without even a chuckle.

Jurassic Park 3 is a fun movie.

The majority of pop all seems to be about sex and have sexist music videos. This should not be anywhere near as popular as it is.

Of course there are some good pop music videos and music but I have to sit through the Top 40 each week that they stick on the music channel on the big TV at my college in the lunch hall. I'm usually quite put off my lunch whenever I look up at the TV.

The majority of pop all seems to be about sex and have sexist music videos. This should not be anywhere near as popular as it is.

Of course there are some good pop music videos and music but I have to sit through the Top 40 each week that they stick on the music channel on the big TV at my college in the lunch hall. I'm usually quite put off my lunch whenever I look up at the TV.

Today? It is has been like that since the 70's.

*The Hobbit trilogy is the second best movie trilogy ever, only overshadowed by The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
*The Lord of the Rings books are not that great.
*The Amazing Spiderman 2 was a good movie.
*Iron Man 3 was a good movie.

The Hobbit films, while too long, are in general pretty good.

- Even though it's a rip off of Doc Hollywood, I will always prefer Cars. In that same vein, Cars 2 is lots of fun (though I will agree with the consensus that it's the weakest Pixar film by far). Continuing the Pixar line of thought, Up didn't live up to the hype for me. Well, specifically, the first four or so minutes. It's not "The saddest thing ever!" I mean, didn't you see where it was going?

- I have never seen The Lord of the Rings trilogy and I have no plans to, same for The Hobbit trilogy

- I actually like Seth MacFarlane. Sure, Family Guy is a husk of what it once was (which was not incredibly amazing in the first place), and practically none of it was ever very intelligent, but I think if you're going into something of his expecting something that's not mind numbing (I mean in a good way, like when you don't want to think), you're watching it wrong

- I actually love Ash

- Supernatural is overrated IMO

- I wanted to watch Archer but I waited too long and now I'm just sick of seeing it everywhere

- Same as above for Attack on Titan

- Maybe the third Spider-Man film wasn't that good but I still vastly prefer it to The Amazing Spider-Man

- I use yt to mp3, I don't care if my files are compressed and recompressed or whatever. I get if you're heavily invested in music you want to get $400 headphones, but I'm perfectly fine with my $20 earphones

- I'm an all rounder with music. I'll listen to anything bar screamo or similar genres. That said, I like a lot of pop songs and I don't care if it's manufactured, I just like stuff that's easy to sing to

Thanks for reading c:

Last edited:
- Frozen was SHIT. Not good like most critics say, and definitely not the fucking masterpiece that the audiences and 5 year olds claim it is. I could go on and on for days about how this doesn't deserve any honors, ESPECIALLY Let It Go.
- Man of Steel actually was pretty okay. Not perfect, but not terrible either.
- I don't have a problem with Tauriel in the Hobbit movies. While not executed perfectly, the concept was alright.
- Smooth Criminal was MJ's best song, not Thriller.
- Taylor Swift is a representation of everything wrong with modern society.
- Full House was just AWFUL.
- Modern pop, with some exceptions, isn't as terrible as people make it out to be.

- Taylor Swift is a representation of everything wrong with modern society.

Bit hyperbolic, it's not like she's vehemently anti-gay.

-----

Most albums are too long, I'd rather have a 40 minute album of great shit as opposed to an 80 minute album with some filler surrounding the good stuff.
Pop music really needs to evolve quicker, how long have we been in this whole autotune thing? It's gonna sound dated as shit very soon.
There's no discernible difference between 128kbps & 320kbps, at least to my ears.

The only thing that really annoys me about Tauriel is she was brought in for pretty much the unneeded romance plot.

The only thing that really annoys me about Tauriel is she was brought in for pretty much the unneeded romance plot.

That's the final reason I didn't go to see The Desolation of Smaug or The Battle of Five Armies. It's like there was the massive assumption floating around that the story just wasn't strong enough without another elf-woman to float around being a love interest

That's the final reason I didn't go to see The Desolation of Smaug or The Battle of Five Armies. It's like there was the massive assumption floating around that the story just wasn't strong enough without another elf-woman to float around being a love interest

They could have added more stuff with Galadriel. As she is pretty awesome in the books. (Even if some of it is off- screen). Personally, I think there was too much Legolas. It kinda worked to have him in Mirkwood, since he's the prince. Then he ended up taking screen time away from the Dwarves. I also thought there was too much Kili, and enough not Fili.

Last edited:
- I didn't realize how disliked this movie was, but I love Space Jam! I didn't even know it was a cash grab for various sports apparel, Wheaties and McDonald's at the time it came out, and even now, I still don't care! It's a fun movie that I love to watch.

- I love Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog more than Sonic SatAM. While I loved SatAM, AoSth was just pure fun! Of course it was not to be taken seriously! It was also more faithful to the games than SatAM ever was. I kind of wish SatAM was more like its pilot episode; darker in tone and beautifully animated but still having that fun vibe to it. SatAM is still great, but can be a little gritty.

- On the same note, I like Teen Titans Go! much more than the original Teen Titans. Again, I liked Teen Titans, but Teen Titans Go! has that cartoony, fun, light-hearted humor that I love oh-so much!

- I was not too much of a Nicktoons fan. I loved Hey Arnold, Angry Beavers, and Rocko's Modern Life, but that's about it. Doug depressed me, Rugrats was never interesting, Ren and Stimpy as well as Aaahh!!! Real Monsters were too gross, CatDog was pure malarkey...

- I think modern Cartoon Network cartoons are making a great comeback! I just watched a couple of episodes of The Amazing World of Gumball and really enjoyed what I watched! Regular Show and Adventure Time were not bad, either! The stuff on Adult Swim... not so much. It's funny how the cartoons meant for kids are more intelligent than the stuff made for adults.

-Baseball is not boring. There, I said it.

-Ren and Stimpy is the most overrated Nicktoon ever. It wasn't all that great and relied on toilet humor to get most of its laughs, which were few and far between. And on that note:

-John K. is overrated. The only thing he's ever done that's worth a crap is a video for Weird Al. The rest of his creations are utter garbage.

Orange is the New Black is a terrible show.

Love Teen Titans Go! just as much as the original Teen Titans.

Mel Brooks movies aren't that good. The only one I remotely liked was Robin Hood Men in Tights.

There needs to be more sports on TV.

What are you talking about? Sports are on all the time. Just yesterday there was hockey, basketball, golf, and probably many more sports on television.

Personally, I think that "Titanic" was a great movie, easily one of the best movies I've ever seen. I'm not a fan of romantic movies and I already knew what was going to happen at the end, but I still found it to be emotionally moving, exciting, and more or less historically accurate.

Also I hate Breaking Bad. I forced myself to watch the whole first season but then quit because it was so boring.

The huge negative reaction to Disco from rockers and all that really didn't seem to be a reaction to the music but to the fans, disco is very much rooted in previously excluded minorities - gays, blacks, Latinos, trans. The anti-disco movement was as much homophobic as it was a revolt against the music. Sure there's loads of shitty disco, but there's loads of shitty rock too. I'd much rather listen to this disco classic than this overplayed mainstay of so-called classic rock radio.

This ant-disco sentiment has kind of turned into a smaller anti-electronic music movement, thankfully without much of it's predecessors homophobia. The main argument seems to be that electronic music is easy to create because you use a computer, whilst with real true proper music you need to have an instrument. Electronic music can be just as hard, or just as easy as composing rock, blues, jazz, classical or anything. Electronic music can do so much that rock can't, and the inverse is also true. I think its pointless to compare too very distinct and different genres of music - there's no real relation other than most music tends to be in 4/4 time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom