• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rio 2 is terrible. Predictable writing and unfortunate implications galore.

I've been watching a lot of Clutch Cargo and while I initially thought the syncro-vox and very limited animation was going to kill any chance of me liking it, I actually ended up enjoying the show in the long run! It's true that I laughed my ass off at how goofy the syncro-vox looked when I first watched it, but the stories eventually caught my interest and it has this weird charm to it. I especially love the dachshund in this show. ^^ He's cute.

I might sound like a conceited teenager, but that's because I am. I dislike most pop music. It's mostly all drivel. Granted, there are some gems, but for the most part they all sound like the same garbage. I primarily listen to jazz and videogame OSTs. Recently, there have been some songs (whose names I have forgotten) that are better, but for the most part pop music isn't my cup of tea.

Also, all alternative music sounds exactly the same. It's always in F major or something and there's always some off-key lead singer and some guitarist who plays the same chord over and over again.

/rant

I'm not a fan of hearing Christmas songs on the radio. I dislike pretty much all of them, and every year I feel like calling the radio stations and complaining about polluting the airwaves whenever I hear one.

I'll probably just start listening to the songs on my iPhone starting in a couple of weeks.

If it weren't for the fact that my phone's battery dies faster than a sick puppy, I'd only listen to my phone as well. Right now, all I do is listen to jazz radio in my car, and I don't think that there are any jazz Christmas songs.

Fuck Disney's Eight Below. Heart warming my ass. How the hell it's a children's movie I will never know because 10 year old me hated it and cried and 19 year old me still hates it and finds it upsetting.

Snow Dogs is far superior.

Superjail is terrible. Really, the only good cartoons Adult Swim ever had were Rick and Morty and Metalocalypse.

What is up with all the hate for Jingle all the Way? I LOVE this movie! I don't know why. It has this charm to it that I cannot explain. Maybe the late Phil Hartman had something to do with it. The guy's great in everything he's in. It also had plenty of laugh out loud moments. I loved the parade scene.

While on the same post, I must be one of the few people on earth who is not too excited for the new Star Wars movie. I was never a Star Wars fan to begin with. The last Star Wars movie I saw was the original sometime in the 90s and never really thought much of it again after that. Now, Spaceballs, THAT's a movie I love! Not because it was a parody of Star Wars, but even if it were it's own thing without being a Star Wars parody, I would have still loved it. I doubt Spaceballs is disliked and I'm not exactly stating a unpopular opinion, but I see it as more than a Star Wars parody. It actually felt fun and not mean-spirited like modern parodies.

While on the same post, I must be one of the few people on earth who is not too excited for the new Star Wars movie. I was never a Star Wars fan to begin with.

I saw all the Star Wars films at more or less the same time, which I maintain puts me in a better position to compare them. The prequels have some pretty big flaws, but then, so does the original trilogy. Hence, I'm not especially a Star Wars fan. Besides, the new film features Harrison Ford. It was painful enough to endure Smarmy Space Cowboy the first time round

I think Lorde's music is garbage. And I don't hate her just because she's popular or anything like that. She sounds more like she's talking than singing.

I think Nate Ruess' solo album is better than Some Nights. It sounds more natural.

I actually don't hate Taylor Swift's music. I like pop music.

While I don't hate it, I think Steven Universe is highly overrated. (I know I'm going to get a shitload of flak for this.)

Last edited:
I hate all rap/hip-hop music, especially Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, Soulja Boy (ugh!), Beyonce, etc.

I don't like Star Wars. My high school English class made us watch it for an assignment and I didn't like it. I'm not really into sci-fi in general.

Best Disney movie is Bambi.

I didn't like the 2012 Les Miserables musical movie. Seriously? You had to make some random background character have sex with Santa ON SCREEN?! (The manga and anime are better)

Total Drama Island and all its spin-offs are overrated. I don't see the appeal.

I think Ghibli's worst movie is Pom Poko. I absolutely hate it.

I really wish they'd stop casting a lot of buff, slim and sexy guys as protagonists in films. It's making me feel stabbed about my less-than-handsome appearance. Especially that scene in "Avengers: Age of Ultron", where Thor takes a bath in some magic pool, or something. I didn't understand the context of that scene, and I think it's just an excuse for the girls to get some eye candy.

I liked the Beastmaster tv show. The leads were good, even if the plot got a bit silly in the last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom