• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Star Wars is definitely overrated.

I really dislike James Cameron. With the exception of Titanic, I don't like any of his movies (and even then, I kinda wish Titanic focused mostly on the real passengers rather than a cliche love story). I feel like most of them are pretentious Oscar bait.

I actually found Fred and George Weasley from the Harry Potter movies extremely annoying rather than charming.

I actually hate metal. (It tends to make me feel tense, plus I've had quite a few bad experiences with metal fans IRL.)

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person here who likes mainstream music.

RWBY looks cheaply animated; I think Video Brinquedo can do a better job at animation.

I think Death Grips sounds lazy and repetitive. Yet when I try to like them ironically, I end up genuinely liking them.

The Help and Dallas Buyers Club are awful movies that do not treat their subject matter with the respect and nuance they deserve.

Really, I'm not a fan of Adventure Time in general due to its unlikable characters and weird humor.

Star Wars VII was okay; the only thing that killed it was literally the four-year long hype train.

Last edited:
I just finished watching "Tangled" for Valentine's Day (as I have a major crush on Rapunzel), and when I scanned the "additional credits"...guess which actress I saw that stunned me?

Hynden Walch.

AKA Viridi, Goddess of Nature, from "Kid Icarus: Uprising".

AKA the little brat I loathed with a passion.

Of course, Disney's encouraged to love, not hate, humans. Plus the movie was released 2 years before "Uprising", so I guess I can't hate on it...but I'm not deleting my photo album of Viridi getting the snot beaten out of her in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS by every character, Pokémon and Assist Trophy.

I'm also getting really miffed at most of Disney's media and blogs assuming that every one of its fans are purely female, like every quiz asking which Prince should I date, or what my dress would look like...hello, I'm a MALE. You don't need to be a FEMALE to enjoy Disney stuff. For once, make a quiz aimed at boys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a few more unpopular opinions to share:
  • I'm not a huge fan of Young Justice, especially Invasion. The first season was a bit 'meh' but enjoyable nonetheless. Invasion, on the other hand, was just awful.
  • I thought Vampires Suck (Twilight spoof) was entertaining. Yeah it was a bit stupid, but I think that is what made it so enjoyable. Plus they were making fun of one of my least favourite movies of all time, so that's another reason to like it. The Starving Games wasn't that bad either (though not as good a Vampires Suck).
  • I like Dubstep. Most people think it is just a load of loud, random noises, but I really enjoy listening to it. I think the main problem is that most people have only heard the style of dubstep done by artists such as Skrillex, a style known as "Brostep" by some people.. There are many other genres of dubstep out there which don't have those 'loud, screeching' noises (as some people would call them), and also some dubstep songs have a really good melody.
  • While on the subject of dubstep, I actually like Skrillex's music, and he doesn't deserve all the hate he gets.
  • The Hobbit trilogy isn't as bad as what most people say it is. I found the films quite enjoyable.
  • I like G3 MLP. This is probably because I grew up with it. To this very day, Sunny Daze (a G3 pony) is one of my favorite ponies in the entire franchise, and will always be a firm fave.
  • I think Steven Universe is a bit overrated. It's a good show and everything, but I don't understand all the hype it gets. I prefer Adventure Time and Regular Show to be honest.
  • I hate Christmas music, and I hate it even more when they play it on the radio and TV.

Last edited:
  • I like G3 MLP. This is probably because I grew up with it. To this very day, Sunny Daze (a G3 pony) is one of my favorite ponies in the entire franchise, and will always be a firm fave.
Right on! I thought some of the specials were boring, but I didn't grow up with it (G3 MLP came out when I was in my mid teens), and it wasn't aimed toward my age group, so I forgive it for that. My favorite character is Minty, though! I think she's adorable. The Christmas special was really cute, too.

Really, G3 has my favorite toyline from the series. Now there's a bit of an unpopular opinion, as most MLP collectors would say that G1 is their favorite. I saw Jazz Matazz and Candy Cane and was sold. Then there's Autumn Skye, Winter Snow, Velvet Bow, etc., etc. They're all so gorgeous. I love them!

I don't mind Seth McFarlane. No, he's not the funniest guy on the planet but he's okay. I can understand why some people wouldn't like his sort of humor but to me, he's worth a chuckle.

However, Trey Parker and Matt Stone are completely overrated. As is South Park, for that matter.

The only thing that has changed between the classic Simpsons and the new episodes? The fact that it isn't strictly hand drawn anymore. I don't see a massive difference in the writing at all; it still seems to be the same slightly brainless show it has always been.

Batman Forever is actually a damn good Batman film. I don't get why it gets so much hate; that sort of vitriol should be reserved for the festering pile of sewer sludge known as Batman and Robin. But Batman Forever is a lot of fun and Val Kilmer was actually a pretty decent freaking Batman. And on that note:

Both Michael Keaton and George Clooney sucked monkey buttocks as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Keaton was so pathetically flat that I honestly thought he was a cardboard cut-out and all Clooney did was narrow his eyes while looking downward whenever the camera was on him.

The Nightmare Before Christmas
is an okay movie but it is not the great cultural phenom that so many like to claim it is. Honestly I've only seen it once and that was enough. I don't get the fanfare/attraction.

Beauty and the Beast
is an overrated movie. The Little Mermaid is a far superior animated film.

Don Bluth started out strong but started to blow chunks later on in his career. Balto was probably his last good film; anything past that point should have simply been scrapped in the production phase.

Oscar winning films are not the be-all, end-all of cinema. There, I freaking said it. Now come and get me, internet!

Pearl Jam is kind of overrated. They're not bad by any means, but none of their songs stick out to me (aside from "Even Flow".)

Bob's Burgers is one of the most boring cartoons I have ever seen.

2 Broke Girls is absolute garbage. One of the worst live-action TV shows I have ever seen.

Danger 5, meanwhile, is THE worst piece of live-action TV that I have seen. That show makes bad Family Guy episodes look classy and makes it seem like Jurassic Shark has amazing production values.

I've been watching Star Trek: TNG and I can honestly say this: Wesley Crusher is not that annoying. He doesn't bother me at all. Dr. Pulaski on the other hand, is a royal PITA. I can't wait to see her leave.

I think the 3 prequels are far better than the 3 originals.

Transformers G1 is a great series, but Beast Wars and TF Prime are better
Yes. So much yes.
Thirded.

I loved G1 back in the day but BW and Prime absolutely blow it out of the water. And don't get me started on how awesome Animated was; it gets quite a bit of hate because of the artistic style but it's an incredible show.

As for the unpopular: I prefer the 1980s MLP series over MLP:FiM. I will now try and hide from the flamethrowers of the bronies. Been nice knowing you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom