• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Drawn Together is one of the best shows ever.
  • The original dub of Sailor Moon wasn't a complete trainwreck. I know it wasn't the best and it made a lot of ridiculous changes (such as the infamous "cousins"), but at least it's watchable. And hey, at least it isn't the colossal trainwreck that is Battle of the Planets.
  • Kurt from Glee is a Gary Stu.
  • Most of the Michael Jackson tributes are insincere. Come on, people were making fun of the guy right before his death.
  • The Big Bang Theory is the most unrealistic depiction of geek culture I've ever seen.
  • Paternity test shows are really funny to watch.

People are going to hate me for this one but the Harry Potter films and books never really interest me. I understand why they are popular and loved but I just couldn't get into them.

Is it because of how the fourth book just suddenly goes 1,000-pages long when the previous three were only 3-400 at most? That was what turned me off from the series actually.

You want some unpopular opinions? Ok...

The Star Wars prequel movies are better than the originals.
Ghibli films are bad and have a terrible art style.
Anything that`s a musical is automatically shit (not actually sure if that`s an unpopular opinion but hey ho).

In my opinion, Harry Potter was overrated. I don't quite understand some plots. J.K. Rowling did Cormoran Strike series better especially The Cuckoo's Calling.

I kinda like "We Built this City" by Starship. Sure, it may be a really cheesy 80s pop song, and its lyrics are terrible, but its tune is so catchy and fun I can't help but like it.

I felt that it was by far the best of the revival episodes it by far had the least flaws so it doesn't make sense to me that it wasn't brought back

the dumping ground is the most mature children's show currently on tv
I feel like it's a least up there in terms of it's tone not afraid to tackle hard issues like abuse.

it's diverse cast in terms of race and representing people with disabilities

Last edited:
I don't know if this is unpopular, but Clarence I think is a great representation of children and how they behave. It's also a pretty funny show.

At least one of these would probably get me burned at the stake in some areas.

1. Elvis Presley didn't produce music particularly noteworthy. I honestly feel the only reason he gained any fame at all is because of his dancing style and parental outrage. If it wasn't for that, he quite likely would have been completely forgotten about by now.

2. Michael Jackson was creepy. He made good music, but I seriously wouldn't want to be alone with the man while he still lived. I don't think his creepiness is his fault, but more a result of his particularly bad childhood.

3. Katy Perry's music isn't as terrible as people make it out to be. She's just not as obvious about having a message as Lady Gaga or similar stars (and I'm speaking as a Gaga fan). Which I think fits her targeted audience and makes the message more accessible to them.

I think Michael Jackson was creepy too.

Another unpopular opinion is that I actually like Naru Osaka's voice in the old dub of Sailor Moon. (Her voice is probably one of the most hated voices in the old dub.) I know the New York accent can be kind of ear-grating, but I thought it was kinda unique, and I like how it paralleled her Osaka accent in the Japanese version., I also think her voice sounded a lot better in emotional scenes (especially the scene where Nephrite dies). I don't mind Naru's voice in the new dub, but I felt like her voice in Nephrite's death scene was kinda wooden compared to the old dub, where her emotions sounded surprisingly real.

Last edited:
I really love I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! Australia. I really like the scripted stuff the hosts do. It's supposed to be contrived. There's actually a lot of heart in the show, even if it is "trash". I really hope Casey wins it. Or Nazeem.

• I can't say I was overly impressed with the movie Princess Bride. People seem to treat it like the best fantasy movie to ever exist, but I thought it was pretty average. It wasn't bad or anything, but it just didn't live up to the hype people give it. *Shrugs* Must be a generational thing.
  • I like Ariana Grande's music. I think whatever she releases is always really catchy and enjoyable to listen to. I can't say I really like her as a person however, as she does come across very spoiled and bratty. Oh well, at least her music is good.
  • I don't get the hype over Led Zeppelin. I mean, yeah some of there songs are good, but I don't think they are that good. Besides, haven't they stolen melodies and chords from other bands before?
  • I don't know if this is unpopular or not, but Rings was bloody awful. Not quite as bad as The Ring 2, but still terrible.
  • I think A Bugs Life is the worst Pixar film, not Cars 2. Also another unpopular opinion, Brave and the Good Dinosaur are some of my favourite Pixar films (along with Up). As far as I can tell, most people have very mixed opinions on both of them.

• I can't say I was overly impressed with the movie Princess Bride. People seem to treat it like the best fantasy movie to ever exist, but I thought it was pretty average. It wasn't bad or anything, but it just didn't live up to the hype people give it. *Shrugs* Must be a generational thing.

It's more that, for its time, Princess Bride was rather revolutionary. It was a fantasy movie that openly reveled in fantasy tropes without even attempting to take itself seriously and still managing to be good without being just another parody movie.

It's more that you're spoiled with the modern wide selection of movies and other entertainment in that general classification, so it's naturally going to pale in comparison. So it's never going to have the same impact for you as it did for many who came before because you grew up with having access to better.

I can't stand Guy Fieri from Food Network. He's loud, obnoxious, and an idiot, and I don't understand why he has like FIVE SHOWS on that network. Bleh.

Guy Fieri is one of those guys who you either love or hate. I loved him in Diners, Drive in, and Dives in its first few seasons, but I can see why people dislike him now, maybe back during his first appearance, too. He tends to get particularly grating when he's speaking to immigrant and African-American chefs and it's hard not to make fun of him for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom