• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I feel like Pop music is getting worse. I'll admit I love a lot of pop songs from the 2000s and early 2010s, but in the last 2-3 years barely anything good has come out. Yeah, there has been a few decent songs, but the rest has been either complete rubbish or utterly forgettable.

I think one of the reason why older music seems better is because, people tend to forget the boring and forgettable songs. Therefor it seems better in hindsight. I do however agree, because I personally want more rock. I can't think of a lot of popular rock songs from the last five years. It feels like there were a lot more in the mid 2000's.

- Eurovision is next week. I hope there is a lot of hilariously stupid songs. I would rather have a lot awesome dumb songs, than boring and generic songs that try to be serious.

- Tarja Turunen is my least favorite Nightwish singer. Sometimes her opera singing can be a bit too much.

I recently saw Bordertown on Netflix and I actually had a few good laughs watching it. Sure, it can be pretty stupid. A lot of the humor is very Family Guy-esque but it doesn't seem as mean-spirited, which isn't saying too much. Regardless, the show made me laugh and that's all I really care about. Too bad it only lasted one season. I prefer it much more than Family Guy and Seth MacFarlane's library of Family Guy clones.

Personally, I think the new live-action Anne of Green Gables series on Netflix, Anne With an E, is really, really good. It has its flaws, but it's NOWHERE NEAR as bad as people and trolls on YouTube are making it out to be. I'm glad I gave the show a chance, and I'm almost finished watching it. I'd rather watch Anne With an E than...oh, I don't know, Jersey Shore, Breadwinners, or any reality TV show ever.

*bumps thread*

I'm getting bored with J-musics, especially the later years.

Call me biased but the chart shows had already filled by cancerous pop tunes and generic punk genres, almost none amused me in quality. Heck, even ONOKROCK sounds shit to me. It is also why I tend to skip anime OPs and EDs because it's so friggin rare to find good piece of tracks that suits. It's just doesn't work against my ears.

Last edited:
Y'know, the internet has led me to beleive that any opinion on MLP: FIM will be considered an unpopular opinion by someone on it, so I may as well point you to my current theme to give you a vague idea of my thoughts on the matter.
I quite enjoy it. That is all.

The Amazing World of Gumball (it doesn't get massive hate or anything, but it's not popular either) is one of my favourite shows. I like the mixed animation, how silly it is, and all the references to everything. It has become some sort of tradition for me to just sit down and watch it during holidays.

I thought I made a post about this in this topic, but it looks like I didn't. Time to rectify that!

I finally saw the live-action Beauty and the Beast movie, and after watching the animated version after so many years a little before that, I've made my decision: I like the live-action one a little better. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the animated version! But I personally don't consider it to be an absolute masterpiece like others I know do. I liked it, but I didn't really LOVE it, either. It had plenty of flaws, the biggest one being LeFou. Dear God, I absolutely DETEST animated!LeFou! He was obnoxious, annoying, had a grating voice, and his singing was downright terrible, all of which completely ruined the Gaston musical number for me! I consider that and LeFou to be the biggest stain on the movie. Seriously, every time LeFou appeared, I wanted to deck him, he always drove me up the wall.

Which is why I am SO HAPPY the live-action improved on LeFou and their take on the Gaston song! Seriously, there's no question that LeFou in the live-action is easily better than the animated version by infinity! He's no longer obnoxious or annoying, his speaking and singing voices are pleasant to listen to now, and he actually has some modicum of a character arc! Thank God! Of course, I also liked the live-action movie for other things as well, like the new songs (Evermore, Days In The Sun, and How Does a Moment Last Forever are my favorites). So...yeah, I like the live-action Beauty and the Beast a little better than the animated one. Don't kill me! *hides*

upload_2017-9-17_14-47-33.jpeg

upload_2017-9-17_14-46-56.jpeg

Fight me.

One anime series I really enjoy that a lot of people seem to hate is Diabolik Lovers. If you look at it from the perspective of a romance anime, I can understand why people would hate it. But if you look at it from the perspective of a vampire anime, it's actually really well done. The vampires actually act like the monsters that they are. There's a lot to be said about Diabolik Lovers but at least no one can claim that it's a Twilight clone.

I hate anime. Besides Pokemon I grew up with that
Nickelodeon was never good besides a few shows and I usually watch CN because Pokemon aired on it so I didn't know too much on Nickelodeon until recently
Modern music since the 2010s have been unbearable. Despacito is a horrible song and does not deserve all the critical acclaim
TV overall is overrated. I watch everything online nowadays, and usually shows dating back to the 2000s-1990s
Wonder Woman sucks

• I think Rick and Morty is a bit overhyped. I like the show and all (though I feel the latest season has been a bit bleh), but people think it's the best thing ever. I mean it's funny and I enjoy the animation style, but I don't think it's the best tv show ever. Hell, not even the best adult cartoon ever (I think South Park is the best). Just my opinion I though.
  • I kinda like Neo-Yokio on Netflix. It's one of those "its so bad its good" shows to me. The terrible voice acting and randomness of it makes me chuckle. Like others have said, it's like The Room of anime
  • I like Looney Tunes: Back in Action
  • I prefer Epica over Nightwish. While I don't mind Nightwish (though they never interested me much), I feel like Epica is definitely the better Symphonic Metal band of the two. IDK something about Epica's music is really amazing to me.

Last edited:
I was lookng at Library of Congress's National Film Registration and noticed Top Gun on the list. Why is it on the list? It was a very mediocre film that only gave two good things: mindless dogfight scenes that I did find sort of badass and "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin. I know what I said about Citizen Kane before in this thread, but that movie actually has good reason to be on the registration. Top Gun does not. There isn't a more undeserving film to be on that list.

The Ocean dub's opening of Dragon Ball Z is better than Funimation's Rock the Dragon. Although I may be blinded by nostalgia here (I'm Canadian, we had a different dub and I watched that).

I think the live-action Beauty and the Beast is better than the animated version

edit: but I do prefer the animated scene in which the beast sends Belle away near the end and he says "because I love her". While the remake has Mrs. Potts saying the line. I think it was important for him to confess his love rather than have someone else do it for him.

I believe that maybe YTV(Canada) should have just stuck to what they did in 2000-2012. I miss Pokemon and other anime on YTV. (We don't need anymore ANA reruns, darnit!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom