• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Superhero movies are getting boring and I hope the fad dies out soon. I also think they're extremely forgettable. The only good, memorable ones I've seen are probably Wonder Woman, Deadpool, and both the GoTG movies.
- I don't get the appeal of overly political music. When I listen to music I want to get my mind of that stuff, not listen to it more. This is the main reason why I can't get into a lot of punk music.
- The last good Pokémon movie was Zoroark: Master of Illusions.
- I don't like the artstyle used in Gravity Falls. It's one of the main things keeping from watching the show.

I definitely like The Last Jedi a bit more than the average person, mainly because the incessant 'Rey is the daughter of someone significant' theories were getting on my nerves and because I'm glad it's not another spineless remake like The Force Awakens.

Absolutely a niche opinion that no one than me actually cares about but Phil Ochs is better than Bob Dylan

I really wish they would make the one dollar more bid on "The Price is Right" against the rules if the last bidder has to ask what the last person bid, or make asking itself against the rules. I'm not against the strategy of bidding over a dollar itself, but I get angry when I see people do that after they ask what the highest bid was or what the last person bid. Either pay attention or place your own damn bid without knowing.

1. The Last Jedi is currently my favourite movie, and I honestly can't understand the negativity towards it. Maybe I'm blind or just too involved. But Rian Johnson has a friend in me, dammit, and I'd hold his coat in a fight.

2. The Walking Dead was rubbish. I saw a few seasons against my will, and it didn't appeal to me on any level.
Also, Andrea should have used her toes to get the screwdriver/tool/thing much sooner than she did. Waiting for a nerd's farewell speech is just insane.

3. 80's music is f-cking awesome.

4. I find about 90% of anime and manga to be identical in sentiment, art-style and... everything. The characters are the worst of all - overused, superficial and sickening. There is never any depth and the character design is so seldom unique. Maybe they'll give a girl multi-coloured hair if they're trying to be original, but that in itself is just a reflection of the lack of imagination going on here. One Piece is the exception on all counts, and Eureka Seven felt genuine and Renton Thurston is filled with so much humanity. That's a glorious thing. They didn't just make him a plain, nondescript love interest for a menagerie of overexcited/touchy/lonely/over-endowed children who apparently go in for such a personality-bereft male. I find this disturbing. And women acting like screechy toddlers... is that an aphrodisiac? I'd be smashing my head into a wall within five minutes - with intent to kill.
Feel free to disagree because I'm relatively open-minded, but this is one of my more unshakeable opinions. I find anime to be an affront against art on every fundamental level. And I happen to regard humankind with intrigue and adoration - to see them manifested as dull, samey characters with absolutely no originality just makes me angry.
ALSO, some facial detail might be nice. And a hint of unique/and or realistic anatomy, because I don't think I have to explain that a metre-wide thigh gap makes no sense lmao. And when people smile, their eyes don't tend to close. But besides all that f-cking crap, yeah, it's fine.

5. Rey isn't a mary-sue. Not really. Having the Force and being a good pilot doesn't actually constitute, and just look at any other character - they're skilled at things.
If she was a mary-sue, she would have excelled everywhere and the other characters would be superfluous tag-alongs. She would have killed Snoke and decimated Kylo and done everything. But nope. She's just a strong young woman who happens to be good at things, and she has a pure heart. I think that we'll have to start calling a whole lotta other characters gary-stus and mary-sues if that's all it takes to be one.

I'll be adding stuff to this... I have a lot of toxicity to vent... *wraps self in cape and slinks off*

Reboots and live-action remakes are unnecessary and tarnish the charm of the original. (I'm looking at you, Disney.)

I'm pretty sure Paw patrol has some sort of propaganda in there. Also, The Lion Guard can pretty much teach similar lessons to kids without hidden propaganda, and is better at doing so as a result.

Also, Kion is too OP, plz Nerf the Roar of the Elders!

@Tsareena, I loved Jungle Book 2016, but Disney should try remaking movies that didn't do as well back in the day, but have a sort of cult following now, and see if they could do better with movie critics. I'd kill for a Hunchback remake, but only if Hellfire stays in the script.

1. I saw The Neverending Story, and I liked it...but I don't think it's really THAT good. It was cute. Eh.
2. I'll probably get lynched for saying this...but I don't feel the 1923 Hunchback of Notre Dame silent movie was very good, even for that era. The actors' performances were all herky-jerky, the movie tried to shoehorn in too many subplots and characters that never went anywhere, Phoebus is a macho dudebro whose only purpose is to make Esmeralda swoon, and Quasimodo, despite his actor being shilled at every opportunity, barely gets any screentime!
3. Dog of Flanders (1997 anime version) is the best anime and animated movie ever made. It's a true masterpiece in my book, and it SERIOUSLY needs to be re-released! Hey Discotek, this has your name all over it! It also has what I consider to be an amazing English dub cast.
4. While I do feel Schindler's List is a wonderful movie that deserves its popularity, I think the decision to make the movie all black/white save for a few scenes actually hurt it quite a bit, even if it did make sense considering how films in that time period were made. I could barely tell who was who most of the time.
5. I think people are making too big a deal about the new She-Ra cartoon and She-Ra's design. I think it looks good and am looking forward to it despite not having seen the original.

- I personally have no idea how bad the Nina moment actually is. In my head, she’s just kinda there for a short while and then she’s gone, so I’m not really emotionally attached to her. Even with FMA 2003 focusing on her a little longer than Mangahood, I’m still not invested into her character enough to cry when the time comes. Heck, not even Blue Skies and Pure Gold could make me cry during the Nina scene, and let’s face it, that fanfic had Nina’s character and the aftermath written up real darn well.

- How I Met Your Mother is better than Friends in my opinion. The former could actually make me laugh from the get-go while the latter....I’ve forgotten it already.

- No idea if this really is unpopular, but you know that battle scene in Digimon Xros Hunters where all the mains from each season show up and fight? Saying I hate it is an understatement, though saying it grates on my raw nerves is a close approximation of my feelings.

Last edited:
- I absolutely hate Infinity War and Thor Ragnarok, and seriously feel that both the movies are overrated.

- I loved the second Pacific Rim movie and think it was just as good as the first one.

- I strongly dislike the Jurassic World series, and feel that they ruined and cheapened the magic and thrill of the first three Jurassic Park movies.

- I think the original Spiderman trilogy gave much more focus and importance to him. In MCU he just feels like Tony's lackey, and being a Spiderman-fan it annoys me.

- I recently watched the first Fantastic Four movie and I loved it. I am planning on watching it's sequel too.

- Civil War was better than Dawn of Justice (and I actually like DC more), but it still bored me at times. It just wasn't as good as everyone claimed it to be.

- I actually love some of the 'flop movies' like Hulk's solo movie, Green Lantern, Thor 2 etc.

- I also feel that Thanos is overrated. I actually usually like villains, but I just don't see anything well-written or interesting about his character.

- Independence Day : Resurgence was a good movie imo. Not as good as it's predecessor, but still enjoyable.

- I love the Arrowverse. I actually think writing-wise DCTV is more developed than DCEU.

- I love the Transformers animated series, but I just don't find the movies interesting.

- I think Percy Jackson should be turned into a TV series just like Shadowhunters, because the movies were disastrous and continuing with them doesn't feel like a good idea.

- The Fantastic Beast movie was boring imo and felt really unnecessary.

This is apparently an unpopular opinion among some anime fans - more and more sexual content crammed into lower and lower ratings is not indicative of progressive values

I dunno. It even being allowed is pretty damned progressive for Japan. But then, massively more conservative society than the U.S.

My point is that having a meaningful system of ratings isn't a conservative idea - or, to put it another way, there's nothing repressive about recognising that some themes are appropriate for adults to enjoy, not impressionable teenagers

My point is that having a meaningful system of ratings isn't a conservative idea - or, to put it another way, there's nothing repressive about recognising that some themes are appropriate for adults to enjoy, not impressionable teenagers

My point was more that it's probably okay for inside Japan. Teenagers there live with far different expectations than teenagers in America or the UK.

When it's exported, I definitely agree with you. Japan seems to have some issue with realizing the rest of the world isn't like them. But, then, America has the same problem. So, I'm familiar with the "why can't anyone understand it just is this way?" mentality that is likely in play for them :p

This probably explains why Japan and the U.S. get along so well as nations, despite being so different as cultures...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom