• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, just maybe it was a mistake to show FMA: Conqueror of Shamballa to two friends of mine who knew nothing about FMA. At all.
Some funny things were mentioned, and one friend thought both Edward and Wrath were girls while the other was casually confused for the entire movie.

-Rick and Morty is overrated.
-Country is not a bad music genre. If you want to listen to an actual shit genre, listen to reggaeton.
-Nickelback and Hinder are not as bad as people claim. They are more "so okay, it's average" bands. Then again, comparing them to reggaeton makes them sound like Rush and The Beatles.
-The Walking Dead is horribly boring.
-The Amazing World of Gumball is horrible.
-Metallica is overhyped. I like their songs but it's boring how everyone praises them like they were some gods.
-Shrek and Airplane! were big mistakes. They are not bad movies, but everyone tries to copy them without actually trying. It's sad.
-"We Built This City" is not a bad song at all. If it's the worst song of the decade, then it's still better than most songs from this decade.
-I like "Never Gonna Give You Up" in a non-ironic way.
-Clarence is a cringey show. And that was before the whole Skyler Paige disaster.
-I'd rather watch the Latin American dub of some anime than the original voices. They actually got things (mostly) uncensored (except with Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh!) and put their soul on it. Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Ranma 1/2 and Digimon are good examples of their quality.
-Cesar Franco's version of "The Biggest Dreamer" is better than Koji Wada's.
-Same with his cover of the Pokémon Theme.
-Can we get a movie without romance, please? Most romance in movies end up being there just because.
-Sex scenes in movies are pretty unnecessary most of the time. Doesn't help that most of them are pretty random. "Oh my God, this place is full of zombies" "Let's fuck" "Okay".
-The Big Bang Theory is horribly boring and the laughtrack makes it worse.
-I don't see what's special about How I Met Your Mother.
-I liked Taylor Swift when she played country, although the pop version of "Love Story" is a guilty pleasure for me.
-I like "Beautiful Soul" by Jesse McCartney.
-DragonForce is good.
-I don't like Breaking Bad.
-Nu Metal is not bad.

I liked "Monsters vs. Aliens: The Series", and I'm disappointed it only lasted one season before cancellation.

Citizen Kane wasn't as great of a movie as people make it out to be.. It takes a while for the opening to bring out the goal of the movie.. Which is to find out who or what Rosebud is. Still a good movie but not the best one I've seen..

• The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles should be brought back for more seasons.
  • Star Trek Discovery is probably one of the very few shows I actually really hate, I thought I'd like it but nope, it doesn't really even feel like Star Trek to me.
  • SAO isn't even that bad of a anime. It's not the best but not the worst either, I actually like it for what it is and at most it's an average series.
  • Ghost Adventures is better than other ghost hunting shows on the Travel channel. At least it isn't Haunted Case Files lmao.
  • Star Wars Rebels is one of the better Star Wars animated series. (not sure how unpopular this is though tbf)
  • Cowboy Bebop is highly overrated.
  • The anime adaptation of Goblin Slayer is great and is getting up there in my top favorite dark fantasy anime adaptations, but I still like the LN of it more though.
  • Speaking of dark fantasy, Bastard!! needs a modern anime adaptation.
  • Queen is a great band (if overrated at times) but their song Bohemian Rhapsody is very overrated and it gets annoying when people keep referencing it's lyrics.
  • The Beatles are also overrated and I could never get into any of their songs.
  • Grease 2 isn't that bad of a sequel, also I don't like that people were complaining about Sandy changing at the end of the first movie but yet when Grease 2 does it with Michael nobody had a problem with it. (I personally don't have a problem with either case though)
  • FLCL didn't need two new seasons imo, the original was fine and I didn't like how they went with Progressive and Alternative.
  • Forever 16, a Lifetime movie, deserved a sequel more so than Stalked by My Doctor which didn't need two more movies following it. With the sequel being practically the same just with a different victim, and we didn't need a movie on his first victim getting revenge. It's bad enough that Lifetime/LMN already rehashes plotlines and titles practically, but the very few times they actually put out something different for the channel (Forever 16, Drink Slay Love, Zombie at 17) they get ignored and almost never get reruns or any other mention.
  • Last Man Standing is one of the better sitcoms out now and it's my favorite, I actually like it more than Home Improvement (not that it's bad, I still like it).
  • Some reality shows aren't terrible, some are but there are others that are not too bad. Real Housewives of Orange County is one of my guilty pleasures tbqh.

Last edited:
  • I actually liked the Digimon Adventure Tri movies, sure some things could have been better but I was happy with it overall. Also I like Meiko and Meicoomon, and Meiko doesn't deserve all the hate she got.
  • Bruno Mars' music is way better than Michael Jackson's music, though MJ's music certainly isn't terrible and there are a few songs of his I like, but I find Bruno Mars songs to be better overall. I also think he's a better dancer than MJ.
  • Minoru Mineta is a character I like in MHA and I think he get's too much of an extreme hate within the fandom. It's one thing to not like a character, and that's fine, but some of the fans get way too invested with their hate of him that most of the time it get's annoying. I also have a feeling that if he was designed like a bishounen style instead of his current one he wouldn't get half as much hate.
  • The National Treasure movies are boring for me and they don't feel as engaging compared to the Indiana Jones movies.
  • I liked most of The Land Before Time sequels, I still think the first one is the best but some of the other movies weren't that bad as some make them out to be.
  • I never liked any of the Ghostbusters movies and find them very boring and unfunny.

Not sure if it's unpopular, but I'll said it anyway: Vegan cooks should be banned from certain cooking shows. If they are asking you to prepare meat: Prepare. The f***in'. Meat. Hell, if you are there, then that means you agreed to follow the rules, not try to serve not-meat to the judges.

I'm only saying this because I'm watching Cooks vs Cons. In that episode, a vegan participant made "chicken wings" with mushrooms because "he feels they should give vegans the same chance as the others". Dude, then why are you on a cooking contest where people could ask you to cook meat? Sadly, he wasn't disqualified because someone commited a bigger sin: raw chicken.

Seriously, dude, you are living stereotype.

• Minoru Mineta is a character I like in MHA and I think he get's too much of an extreme hate within the fandom. It's one thing to not like a character, and that's fine, but some of the fans get way too invested with their hate of him that most of the time it get's annoying. I also have a feeling that if he was designed like a bishounen style instead of his current one he wouldn't get half as much hate.

Well, I mean he's a total creep, of which pretty much his entire personality and scenes are based off of that fact. I wouldn't care if he was a "better looking" character, it wouldn't change anything.

Sadly, a whole lot of MHA's humor is trashy like that, but Mineta still sticks out like a sore thumb as being by far the worst. It doesn't help that I'm pretty sure that the author of the manga stated somewhere that Mineta is a self-insert. Like I shouldn't even have to explain how that brings this to a whole new level of screwed up.

It doesn't help that I'm pretty sure that the author of the manga stated somewhere that Mineta is a self-insert. Like I shouldn't even have to explain how that brings this to a whole new level of screwed up.
He didn't say it was self-insert, he said he was his favorite character and loved to draw him. Your mileage may vary if it makes things better or worse.

EDIT: Also, it doesn't help that he has not gotten any character development.

• I find most of M. Night Shyamalan's movies from 1999 onward to be weird and super pretentious. The only movie I could at least stand past that year is The Village.
  • I hope the Valley Girl remake doesn't ever get made, most remakes of 80's movies are bad anyway and it loses the charm the original has.
  • I unironically like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.
  • Dominion deserved more than 2 seasons.
  • Wolf Lake didn't deserve to be canceled with 1 season and 9 episodes and I truly believe it could have been on par, or even better, than Supernatural.

Well, I mean he's a total creep, of which pretty much his entire personality and scenes are based off of that fact. I wouldn't care if he was a "better looking" character, it wouldn't change anything.
Meh, he's definitely a YMMV character but I'm so used to seeing characters like him or worse in other anime/movies/books/etc. that I don't find a reason to hate him any more than any other character in the anime/manga lol. But I only find it annoying sometimes when some of his haters get so extreme with their hate of a fictional character, it's like just chill and move on.

But I do agree with prog rocker that he does need development soon.

I saw The Shining recently, and I don't know how unpopular this is, but I really didn't think it was that good. It barely had much substance as a movie. I mean, it was nicely filmed, and it was definitely creepy, but none of the characters were fleshed out enough for me to care about them, many of the scary things that happen have zero explanation behind them (Which from what I heard is because the movie cut out a bunch of context from the book), and nothing made much sense. Sorry, but I've seen better horror movies that actually made me care about the characters and had events that made sense. Sorry to those who like this movie!

The reason I prefer Zootopia, The Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis and The Treasure Planet over the rest of the Disney Animated Canon is because characters are not singing every 10 minutes. Don't get me wrong, those songs are not bad, but it gets tiring hearing them sing after a while.

EDIT: I forgot that Chicken Little doesn't include that much songs, but who cares about it, anyway?

I saw The Shining recently, and I don't know how unpopular this is, but I really didn't think it was that good. It barely had much substance as a movie. I mean, it was nicely filmed, and it was definitely creepy, but none of the characters were fleshed out enough for me to care about them, many of the scary things that happen have zero explanation behind them (Which from what I heard is because the movie cut out a bunch of context from the book), and nothing made much sense. Sorry, but I've seen better horror movies that actually made me care about the characters and had events that made sense. Sorry to those who like this movie!
Yeah in my opinion I find that most movies based on Stephen King novels are mediocre at best, I still like The Shining as a movie but I find the book to be way better. In fact the most I hear about the movie that people talk about is the iconic scenes of "Here's Johnny!" and the bloody elevator, occasionally the twins as well.

Not sure if this is unpopular or not, but for me IT as a movie and book are overrated, and I find that both the Cujo book and movie are one of the better Stephen King works. With Carrie (the original movie) and Misery being second and third respectively, other of the movie adaptations are a hit or miss for me.

The reason I prefer Zootopia, The Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis and The Treasure Planet over the rest of the Disney Animated Canon is because characters are not singing every 10 minutes. Don't get me wrong, those songs are not bad, but it gets tiring hearing them sing after a while.

EDIT: I forgot that Chicken Little doesn't include that much songs, but who cares about it, anyway?
I also prefer The Black Cauldron and The Sword in the Stone mainly cause they always get glossed over in discussions of Disney films, though I like most Disney movies anyway lol. Except Mary Poppins, I guess this is an unpopular opinion of mine as well but it's up there with The Sound of Music (not Disney but still) that there's way too much singing and most songs from those movies are annoying for me (and for the latter it's a long movie and I don't wanna hear those kids singing so much lol). Otherwise I don't mind musicals sometimes.

I also prefer The Black Cauldron and The Sword in the Stone mainly cause they always get glossed over in discussions of Disney films, though I like most Disney movies anyway lol. Except Mary Poppins, I guess this is an unpopular opinion of mine as well but it's up there with The Sound of Music (not Disney but still) that there's way too much singing and most songs from those movies are annoying for me (and for the latter it's a long movie and I don't wanna hear those kids singing so much lol). Otherwise I don't mind musicals sometimes.
Oh, right. I forgot about The Black Cauldron. I have been wanting to watch it, but I keep forgetting it exists. It's almost as if Disney wanted to forget about it.

Oh, right. I forgot about The Black Cauldron. I have been wanting to watch it, but I keep forgetting it exists. It's almost as if Disney wanted to forget about it.
It didn't do too well when it came out but it's most definitely a cult classic. I think a lot of the times it's never really brought up all that often is that critics called it "ambitious but very flawed" and people consider it too dark for kids at the time of it's release. I'm just glad it even got a 25th Anniversary re-release at all.

Yeah in my opinion I find that most movies based on Stephen King novels are mediocre at best, I still like The Shining as a movie but I find the book to be way better. In fact the most I hear about the movie that people talk about is the iconic scenes of "Here's Johnny!" and the bloody elevator, occasionally the twins as well.

I know, right? And I never even read the book myself, but I could still spot the movie's flaws from a mile away.

- Disney buying Fox is NOT and WILL NOT be a good thing for the film industry since our dear mouse is steering dangerously close to being a monopoly and seeing tweets from random nobody news sites praising it to heaven and back just so they can have their precious X Men and Fantastic Four in the MCU pisses me off to no end.

- Speaking of Disney, their live action remakes of their classic animated films don't need to exist... at all. They always add nothing new to the story (besides The Jungle Book) and they feel like soulless CG fuelled drivel. Just god damn Mickey, do we really need a sort-of-live-action-but-it's-not-really-live-action-because-the-animals-are-all-in-CG-so-it's-still-technically-animated remake of The Lion King? Hell to the bladdy no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom