• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Disney buying Fox is NOT and WILL NOT be a good thing for the film industry since our dear mouse is steering dangerously close to being a monopoly and seeing tweets from random nobody news sites praising it to heaven and back just so they can have their precious X Men and Fantastic Four in the MCU pisses me off to no end.

- Speaking of Disney, their live action remakes of their classic animated films don't need to exist... at all. They always add nothing new to the story (besides The Jungle Book) and they feel like soulless CG fuelled drivel. Just god damn Mickey, do we really need a sort-of-live-action-but-it's-not-really-live-action-because-the-animals-are-all-in-CG-so-it's-still-technically-animated remake of The Lion King? Hell to the bladdy no.

Disney is pretty damned close to being the Umbrella Corporation of entertainment. Nearly everything I've heard about them strikes me as more card-carrying evil than anything even EA aspires to.

At least they have quality control and don't kill everything they buy like EA.

Disney kills everything that doesn't agree with its PR strategy. For example, they tried to kill Power Rangers because it didn't fit their PR strategy of the time.

Wait, what? Power Rangers still exist??? What happened there?

Disney bought the people doing Power Rangers at the time and told the people making the show, "We don't care what you do, we're ending it after this season."

I've seen several people claim that season is also the best season of Power Rangers, since the cast and crew, upon realizing Disney literally did not care, decided to go nuts. They shot that season as though it were the last and they wanted "greatest season ever" engraved on the show's tombstone.

Disney bought the people doing Power Rangers at the time and told the people making the show, "We don't care what you do, we're ending it after this season."

I've seen several people claim that season is also the best season of Power Rangers, since the cast and crew, upon realizing Disney literally did not care, decided to go nuts. They shot that season as though it were the last and they wanted "greatest season ever" engraved on the show's tombstone.
Oh. I don't know if that's a mercy kill or not since I have heard unpleasant things about Saban. Specially what they did to that blue ranger, who got humiliated daily because he was gay.

Then again, Disney also has a history of destroying people's lives, so I guess they are not that different.

Oh. I don't know if that's a mercy kill or not since I have heard unpleasant things about Saban. Specially what they did to that blue ranger, who got humiliated daily because he was gay.

Then again, Disney also has a history of destroying people's lives, so I guess they are not that different.

Hasbro owns Power Rangers and will make it starting this year! Hopefully it's better than the Neo-Saban era, which was pretty much despised by the fandom.

Star wars has yet to have a bad film
That includes the prequels and 8
Likewise I actually don’t mind the big bang theory, I find it genuienely funny despite the connotations people claim it has
On the subject of power rangers, the 2017 film was really damn good and very underrated

I didn't like that old movie Harold and Maude, and I don't think Devilman Crybaby is as good as people are making it out to be. The music for the latter is really good, though.

I finally watched The Lion King after so many years, and...I didn't like it that much. I mean, the movie itself was fine...until Timon and Pumbaa showed up, and personally, I thought they were REALLY annoying and obnoxious. I think the movie would have been so much better if they had been cut out. Sorry, TLK fans! Still like Aladdin and Hunchback better.

^ Timon and Pumbaa were kind of needed after the whole stampede scene, plus.... Every Disney movie needs the typical comic relief.

And speaking of TLK, or TLG technically, I think Scar's voice actor on the show isn't that bad. I mean, he's not Jeremy Irons, but he does okay. I know it's a show aimed at the 5 and unders, but The Return of the Roar pilot had a really good joke for the adults. If you've seen it, then you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
I finally watched The Lion King after so many years, and...I didn't like it that much. I mean, the movie itself was fine...until Timon and Pumbaa showed up, and personally, I thought they were REALLY annoying and obnoxious. I think the movie would have been so much better if they had been cut out. Sorry, TLK fans! Still like Aladdin and Hunchback better.

It's okay. We haven't burned someone at the stake for heresy since Tuesday.

^ Timon and Pumbaa were kind of needed after the whole stampede scene, plus.... Every Disney movie needs the typical comic relief.

Don't get me wrong, I like comic relief as much as the next guy when done well. But...I dunno. Timon and Pumbaa's antics really annoyed me. If you like them and the movie as a whole, that's totally okay. I'm not as much of a fan as I was when I was a kid, but hey, that's just my opinion.

I don't like The Force Awakens and don't hate The Last Jedi. The defining difference which clinches it for me is that one of them had the balls to innovate and experiment even if it proved unpopular while the other one nervously stayed within the dotted lines while repeating the very first story. I would still watch most of the other six before either of these though.

-The Lord of the Rings movies are bloated and boring. There is nothing interesting about them in the least, except for an Enya song.

-Mary Poppins Returns was absolutely unnecessary.

-I liked Thor: Ragnorok. I liked Thor: the Dark World. But Avengers: Infinity War was a freaking gut punch. It was good, but not anywhere near as good as any of the Thor films.

-I enjoy DC movies. Even Suicide Squad and Justice League.

-I love both, but I prefer Star Trek over Star Wars.

-The Lord of the Rings movies are bloated and boring. There is nothing interesting about them in the least, except for an Enya song.

The books are worse. There's a reason why Tolkien is sometimes taught as a writer to not emulate when giving setting details.

And if you want another example, Battlefield Earth. The movie was better than the book. Mostly because the movie cut out the unnecessary second half of the book. (The plot? It was a thousand-page allegory about banking reform in times of economic crisis.)

-Mary Poppins Returns was absolutely unnecessary.

So true!

I can't bring myself to re-watch the Pokémon anime knowing how it always ends and how the next season begins. Ash will always lose at the League, travel to the next region and hit a massive reset button unless it's a filler season, where he keeps his "levels" and then gets hit by the reset button. How am I supposed to care about someone that suffers a massive reset after more than 70 episodes per region? From the Sinnoh League onwards, I started to realize that they will never let Ash win an actual League, no matter how much he trains, no matter how much you get invested in his team, he will be back at square one once the region ends.

Liz and the Blue Bird is a criminally underrated anime movie and deserves more love!

The fact that it has a completely unique title with no relation to Sound! Euphonium has always confused me. Has this movie been legally released in the West? Since I watched both seasons, it'd be nice to get to watch this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom