• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I enjoyed the new Star Wars trailer and I think people are hating on it just for the sake of hating on recent Star Wars movies.

Digimon Adventure has many flaws that are overlooked by the fans.

It has a angel bias. This strong group of monsters cannot kill a devil or a vampire.

Episode 40 says the two strongest fighters are inexperienced.

The second part throws away the older fighters' power.

Digimon Adventure has many flaws that are overlooked by the fans.

It has a angel bias. This strong group of monsters cannot kill a devil or a vampire.

Episode 40 says the two strongest fighters are inexperienced.

The second part throws away the older fighters' power.
Toei/Bandai needs to quit nostalgia pandering and focus on making a totally new Digimon anime, or maybe a sequel to Tamers or Frontier (preferably the former)

I'm so sick of hearing about mediocre superhero movies.

Sixteen Candles is an absolutely terrible movie. I can't fathom why anyone likes it. It's awful on so many levels.

It was released in 1984. Liking it is mostly nostalgia.

It was released in 1984. Liking it is mostly nostalgia.

I was born in 1993, but this movie...it has an Asian character portrayed as a racial stereotype, 99% of the cast are either jerks or sexual to the point of being creepy, the main character is flat out groped by her own grandmother, and the movie seemingly endorses sexual assault. Yeah...no. If you guys like it, that's cool, but...it's just not for me.

I was born in 1993, but this movie...it has an Asian character portrayed as a racial stereotype, 99% of the cast are either jerks or sexual to the point of being creepy, the main character is flat out groped by her own grandmother, and the movie seemingly endorses sexual assault. Yeah...no. If you guys like it, that's cool, but...it's just not for me.

What you're getting is a snapshot of just how far the nation has come since the movie was released. At the time it was released, few people saw anything wrong with what was in the movie. Most of the people who had problems back then were the Moral Guardians- the regressives of their era. Thus, at least part of its acceptance was rebellion against those who were viewed as holding society to a less-enlightened age; it's common for the progressives in each era to embrace things to spite the regressives, even when what the progressives are embracing is just horrible if you stop and really think about it.

But, then, yesterday's progressives are always tomorrow's regressives.

What you're getting is a snapshot of just how far the nation has come since the movie was released. At the time it was released, few people saw anything wrong with what was in the movie. Most of the people who had problems back then were the Moral Guardians- the regressives of their era. Thus, at least part of its acceptance was rebellion against those who were viewed as holding society to a less-enlightened age; it's common for the progressives in each era to embrace things to spite the regressives, even when what the progressives are embracing is just horrible if you stop and really think about it.

But, then, yesterday's progressives are always tomorrow's regressives.

I suppose. Then again, I don't watch movies just to see how offensive they are. I don't want to be a social justice warrior, especially one of those rabid ones who get off on getting offended by everything, even stuff not worth making a fuss over. I just wanted to see what this one was all about, and...I didn't like it. Oh well. If you guys like it, that's okay.

Game of Thrones is this decade's LOST.

And not in a good way.

Highly popular, great first seasons, everyone's talking about it. But they both take a nose dive in quality. Watching them is more a social thing than an art piece like Twin Peaks, The Wire or whatever. I think a lot of people got into it to share an experience with people around them.

Ultimately, LOST is pretty much forgotten. I think it faded from people's minds quicker than GOT will, but I still think around this time next decade, people won't be ranking GOT anywhere near as high as they do now.

(similarly, I reckon people will stop seeing Breaking Bad as the be all end all of TV too. Again, a bit of a social thing to watch)

Ed Sheeran suxxxxxxxx. I have absolutely no idea why he's so overly popular.
Could be worse. Where I live reggaeton is the most popular music, so I guess anything that is not reggaeton, dubstep or auto-tuned pop songs is vastly superior in my opinion (yes, my standards are that low).

On the other hand, Shape of You is one of the worst songs I have ever heard, and it doesn't help that it sounds suspiciously to a sound I actually like (Cheap Thrills), possibly because it was originally written for Rihanna, too. And it is over-played, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom