• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything that is over-played quickly becomes irritating, even if it is actually an OK song. The example I know best is Let It Go (you know, from Frozen.)

The main problem I have with pop music is that they all tend to sound similar. Most Western pop songs right now have rap-style, grungey, low-key vibes, and lyrics which are usually something to do with overcoming a setback and becoming "stronger". Even songs which use different instruments than usual, such as Symphony and its violins (don't know who wrote it, sorry), stick to a grunge style and make use of repetitive melodies and beats.

I guess the use of grunge is meant to give it all an alternative feel, but at this point it's used so much that it doesn't feel different or new. It's just mainstream.

There are many instances where that's not true for me. Where I work, once they played the same 50 songs on repeat for... at least a month. Yet I still love "I Will Never Let You Down" by Rita Ora. Admittedly there were a number of other songs in there that I got very sick of, but yeah, some are immune from that for me.

Yeah, maybe I worded that badly. I think at least, most things which are played endlessly either become irritating or stop being interesting to listen to.

Yeah, maybe I worded that badly. I think at least, most things which are played endlessly either become irritating or stop being interesting to listen to.
You wouldn't like to live in my country, then where 99% of the time they only play one song by each artist and then forget that they have other songs, making them overplayed. KISS, Nirvana and The Rolling Stones have lots of famous songs, but they only play "I Was Made for Lovin' You", "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Paint It, Black".

Rock ballads are also overplayed in the radio, which means that harder (and better) songs by those bands are completely ignored. "Nothing Else Matters" is apparently the only Metallica song ever, according to them.

Metal also doesn't exist on the radio for some reason I cannot understand. There was a metal/rock station once, but they decided to close it down even when people made petitions and a march to prevent it from closing down. It was replaced by a salsa station, which is something we didn't need because we had already like 4 other stations that play that music.

/rant

I'm probably gonna get flack for saying this, but...I'm not sure what the big deal is with Kaguya-sama: Love Is War. I mean, I like it, but I don't think it's as great as people are making it out to be. A lot of the gags are kinda dumb, and I tend to really, REALLY hate it when characters just refuse to talk to each other and jump to weird conclusions about each other over the littlest things. Seriously, half the conflicts in the show could be resolved if the two main characters would just...y'know, be sensible. Although Chika is really funny, and I do like her. I have yet to watch anything past episode 4, though.

Personally, I like Sailor Moon SuperS, and I think R is the worst season, if only because the writers completely screwed over Mamoru and made him into a jerk for no reason. And kept him that way for NEARLY THE ENTIRE SEASON!!!

Personally, I like Sailor Moon SuperS, and I think R is the worst season, if only because the writers completely screwed over Mamoru and made him into a jerk for no reason. And kept him that way for NEARLY THE ENTIRE SEASON!!!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Takeuchi forced to use Mamoru? IIRC, she didn't want to have a male main character, but the executives forced her to do it. Which is why Tuxedo Mask was useless (at least at first).

On-Topic: While I do like rock ballads, they are never the best songs by those bands. Doesn't help that the classic rock station we have almost always only plays those songs. Would it kill them to play other songs by Foreigner that are not "I Want to Know What Love Is"? "Hot Blooded", "Feels Like the First Time" and "Juke Box Hero" sound like good options to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Takeuchi forced to use Mamoru? IIRC, she didn't want to have a male main character, but the executives forced her to do it. Which is why Tuxedo Mask was useless (at least at first).
Well, he was always supposed to be a major role in Sailor Moon/Usagi's life and Takeuchi herself always had a soft spot for him, since he's what she likes in a ideal man, he's supposed to be both a "dashing hero" and "damsel in distress" type of character (though I'd argue against the last one, since he can hold his own in a fight). I know somebody on the anime team for Sailor Moon had added extra influence for the character to make him more comedic and slightly more important, and Takeuchi did state that her friends thought Tuxedo Mask was "a useless guy" for Usagi to fall in love with. I think the reason he becomes the way he is in the manga, being demoted to the background, is because Takeuchi made them an item too early on so he kind of runs out of important things to do.

Not sure if unpopular or not, but I started to like Bring Me to Horizon once they started to use clean vocals more frequently. "Pray for Plagues" is almost unlistenable to me, while I sincerely like Mantra.

I just realized that I forgot to add my own opinions in the last post, oof
NGNL was only okay, when it first came out at the time in '14 I didn't think it was the best or worst anime most thought it was. Just an okay watch from time to time.

Levi Ackerman is the most overrated character in AoT and he's my least favorite, like bottom of the list least favorite. I hated how in some merch he'd replace Armin if Mikasa and Eren were there.

I don't mind fanservice anime/manga/LN and sometimes think some are better than more mainstream series.

I find Boruto: Naruto Next Generations more fun and interesting than Naruto.

Lucky Star was boring as hell and the character designs didn't appeal to me personally. Also I didn't find the opening to be catchy, I just found it to be more annoying imo.

The anime adaptation of Clannad is overrated and I didn't think After Story was sad tbh, didn't like either of them.

Kill la Kill was a fun show, but overall I didn't find it to be that memorable. Same with Gurren Lagann, fun show but nothing too memorable for me.

I really like Fairy Tail.

Shiki is still my favorite horror anime/manga so far.

Vampire Knight is underrated (both manga and anime).

Prince of Tennis and Speed Racer both are still my favorite sports anime.

Bell Cranel, Naofumi Iwatani, Kirito, and Kazuma Sato are some of my many favorite protagonists in fantasy series.

Seraph of the End and Legend of the Galactic Heroes both are pretty damn underrated as well.

Game of Thrones is simply meh, not terrible but not the best either.

A lot of otherwise funny sitcoms and anime are kind of homophobic because they were made in the 90s or 2000s, and it's kind of depressing, especially when it's made into a regular gag. Looking at you, Hidamari Sketch.

Levi Ackerman is the most overrated character in AoT and he's my least favorite, like bottom of the list least favorite. I hated how in some merch he'd replace Armin if Mikasa and Eren were there.

Agree, so much. He's so popular, but I can't fathom why. I don't find myself liking him too much. I like Armin the best.

I don't like the soundtrack for the Durarara anime. I find it cluttered and obnoxious, which is a shame because the composer is one of my favorites, and he usually makes very good soundtracks.

I do like Bungo Stray Dogs, but I find it too fast paced and cluttered for my liking. There's way too many characters to keep track of, and the ones I like tend to not get a whole lot of screentime. Also, Naomi's whole incest-schtick really shouldn't exist. You could cut it out and her character would be so much better, along with the franchise in general. I do think Dazai is super hilarious, though. Speaking of popular characters, I don't like Chuuya from this series, either. He just comes off as a mouthy jerkass to me. Why do people like him so much?

Not sure if I said this before, but the best Shrek movie IMHO is the first one. But in my defense, I have not seen any of the sequels enough for them to grow on me.

Season 6 of Adventure time was great. While some episodes like Breezy weren't very good, overall the season was entertaining and good, especially the ending with Orgalorg, the comet, and the King of Ooo

Season 6 of Adventure time was great. While some episodes like Breezy weren't very good, overall the season was entertaining and good, especially the ending with Orgalorg, the comet, and the King of Ooo
Although I don't really watch Adventure Time, I do remember seeing Breezy. My theory (even if it's unlikely) is that it was made as a censor decoy, but they took it instead of whatever they instead wanted. Seriously, I remember feeling there was something wrong with that episode just by reading about it.

Although I don't really watch Adventure Time, I do remember seeing Breezy. My theory (even if it's unlikely) is that it was made as a censor decoy, but they took it instead of whatever they instead wanted. Seriously, I remember feeling there was something wrong with that episode just by reading about it.
People seem to not like it because * spoilers * FINN LITERALLY LOST HIS ARM AND 4 EPISODES LATER GOT IT BACK BECUASE OF THAT BEE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom