• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

Dark Souls (and it's related games) are boring and overrated. People who think it has realistic combat need to get their heads examined or try swinging a real sword around.

1. I honestly don't care about what's being added to Pokemon Shuffle.
2. I don't care for the trading card game, whenever I see the cards I see acres of poor trees cut down to make those things.

FPSs are ridiculously boring.

Agreed.

Also, I prefer SMITE over LoL.

EDIT: I Also think EA should've totally made a Spore 2..... And Zoo Tycoon 2 is more fun than the original. Also, the Xbox reboot of the series is pretty boring and severely lacking in species variety. I mean, they have like... five different kinds of chimpanzee.

Last edited:
Custom Robo Revolution/GCN had a great story. Coming from a family from people with headaches constantly the idea of winning in a robot duel and as a result giving someone else head pain was enough for me to love it alone.

• Final Fantasy VI is super overrated, not just VII
  • Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin is the best Castlevania
  • Nero is better than Dante (Devil May Cry series)
  • The "Lightning Saga" games in Final Fantasy were all good and the plot + terminology wasn't overly confusing
  • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is much better than the PS1 FF Tactics
  • Sonic Unleashed is actually a really fun Sonic game, better than Colors/Lost World/Generations
  • Fire Emblem should've died after FE12 rather than let Awakening ever happen
  • Super Mario Sunshine is still the best 3D Mario game
  • I would've preferred a regular 3rd version to B/W ala Grey Version rather than the B2/W2 sequels
  • Pokemon Colosseum and XD are both awful, awful Pokemon games (nice music though)

I think yokai watch will NOT kill the mon as it has no multiplayer and it's second game may have sold 1 million on opening day, but GS sold more on their opening day. not to mention unlike pokemon where the multimedia is not nessecary for the whole franchise, yokai watch's anime amd TCG is.

I think The Last of Us is overrated. Personally I think it has positive reviews because it's made by Naughty Dog.

I don't like Ryu from Street Fighter. I think he's just a stereotypical Karateka.

I kinda like Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

Last edited:
Viridi is the worst character in Kid Icarus: Uprising, and I'm very disappointed that she wasn't even a boss you could fight. I've had to disable "Reset Bomb Forest" and "Palutena's Temple" from showing up in random stage selections in the fourth Smash Bros. title because of her.

You know what, I'm gonna call her "Punching Bag" from now on, as she wears red like them, and is something I REALLY wanted to reach into the game and slug across the face.

Finally, I bought an art commission of Viridi with a black eye and bloody nose.

(Holy Cheez Whiz, that felt good~)

Don't know if it's unpopular and it's a specific event in a game, but i didn't get one bit sad when Aerith died in my first (and only) playthrough of Final Fantasy 7.

There wasn't enough build up, she dies at the end of the first disc, that's like a character dying in the first act of a movie. To make matters worse, she's not even present in half of the first disc, so it has even less build up. Sure, they tell some of her backstory and let her show some of her personality, but it wasn't enough. They even try (and fail to me) to make it sadder by putting a sad theme while she dies.

Honestly, Galuf's death in Final Fantasy 5 is much sadder. He dies on what might be considered the end of the second act, there was much more buildup to his death because he spends a majority of the time in your party, and he goes out like a hero by beating the crap out of Exdeath. And his death remains sad even on subsequent playthroughs.

I think OOT and FF7 are highly over rated games. I can see what they did for genres at the time. Some of 7's cast are some of my favorite characters, and I freaking love Malon so much I followed a Malon page on Facebook but other then that I think they don't live up to the hype they get.

Apollo Justice is probably my favorite Ace Attorney. Apart from the garbage 3rd case and the somewhat anticlimactic ending, it was a very fun ride. I literally cried when I was forced to present the obviously forged evidence during Phoenix's trial, and the first case was the best introduction in the franchise. I just wish Apollo himself had been expanded on.

Also, speaking of Ace Attorney, the Magatama is lame. Psyche-Locks look cool and all, but it is really just a tool to get you to present evidence during investigations. Perception and even the Mood Matrix are much better concepts since they introduce new gameplay elements.

I'm sorry if I mentioned this before, but Lucina is the worst Fire Emblem character ever to exist. She's so bland and considering how much I hate the children mechanic, it doesn't help she's the ONLY one to get plot relevance. Also, if you marry Robin to Chrom (which I don't), Lucina thinks "I need to kill my mother to save my father!" Yet Robin is the only one that can actually KILL Grima and not put him to sleep. Idiot. On the side, I also actually like Chrom more than most other FE fans since he isn't a complete goody-good (even if Ike or Hector did it better), and shows some signs of PTSD when Emmeryn went squish unlike every other FE character who doesn't seem TOO concerned by the event. His clingy side really should of been expanded on, along with his relationship with his father (wasted story potential with him in general), but with a bit of work he probably could of been the most developed protagonist in Fire Emblem to date.

Minecraft, while certainly good in many respects, is just a tad overrated. And for the most part, the fan base is even worse than, say, Fire Emblem (Sorry to any non-toxic FE fans). As with every other fan base, there are exceptions, but still.

FNAF is not fun to play and not scary. The lore is fairly interesting, but that's just about it.

Mobile games ruined gaming in many respects. More people are playing Candy Crush or Clash of Clans than games with actual depth, and while I get why, it makes me sad.

Also, I don't like consoles. Handhelds are superior in nearly every respect except for graphics, which for the most part don't bother me at all unless they're absolutely painful to look at.

That Pokemon's Gen 2 Kanto was sloppily programmed and progression was obnoxious because you had to grind because of the fact that the trainers are way too weak. But you can't grind because of the fact that you can't grind because they're the same as before. I mean, that's cool but if you can't grind and you need to do so, then that's bad.

- Pokemon Generation II is the worst generation ever. I agree with the person who said it was sloppily programmed. They could have at least increased the Kanto Pokemon's levels. (Too bad HGSS didn't fix that. Who would want to fight level 2 Rattata after beating the Elite Four?)
- FNAF is not scary at all and it's one of the most overrated games in existence, not to mention the fanbase rivals MLP: FIM in sheer insanity. Seriously, I bet it wouldn't be so popular if that annoying PewDiePie didn't feature it in a video.
- The 2013 Tomb Raider game is awful and the new Lara Croft is ugly.
- I'd rather marry Chrom to Sumia than Robin. (Am I the only person who actually likes the Chrom/Sumia pairing?)
- I actually like Nowi. I even married her in one of my playthroughs.
- Animal Crossing is extremely boring.
- Pokemon Stadium (both 1 and 2) has aged extremely poorly, even compared to RBY.
- I actually like the Fire Emblem Archanea games. (It's a shame that not many people outside of Japan like them.)
- While I do like Capcom's crossovers (I LOVE the one they did with Tatsunoko!), they're beginning to get stale.
- I play Casual mode on FE: Awakening and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

Last edited:
  • Terraria > Minecraft. Minecraft is still fun, but combat in that game is kind of lacking.
  • I actually kind of liked Pokemon Battle Revolution. Two of the colosseums were BS, but still...
  • I can't really get into League of Legends and I'm convinced the community sucks. Especially since "bad game" is an honest-to-goodness thing people say after losing a match.
  • I also couldn't get into Skyrim. I just played for less than two hours and stopped. Dunno why. Maybe I'm not really into western RPGs.
  • Shinies aren't all that special to me.
  • I'm not really into "realistic" graphics in general, especially when developers mistake "realistic" for "everything is brown." No wonder the main games I play are a pixelly 2D sandbox and an anime sci-fi action RPG that may or may not be classified as an MMO. It's kind of ambiguous. And Pokemon sometimes. Forza Motorsport 4 is an exception because the cars and scenery are downright beautiful.

Internet Explorer is the best browser, much better than Firefox and especially Chrome. It's in fact the only browser short of Safari that runs properly on my computer, and it works fine. Chrome just crashes my computer and it came with Trojans, while Firefox was extremely slow and was just spamming an update notice. Safari is okay, but IE is simply better.

~Microsoft consoles are the absolute worst.
~I think Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2 are good games.
~Morrigan is the most overrated character in the Dragon Age series. I like her but she is way to over hyped.
~The Shin Megami Tensei series is the best dungeon crawler.

Unpopular TF2 opinions? Unpopular TF2 opinions.

-Soldier is an overpowered class. I'm saying this as someone who's alternate main is Soldier.
-I actually really like the new weapon skins, though a couple do suck.
-Minecraft trade servers are fun. Granted, they're fun for trolling squeakers, but they're still fun.
-The final control points on Badlands CP cap way too quickly.
-The Gibus can look good with the right paint color and combination with other cosmetics.

~I'll also admit to playing FE:Awakening on casual mode, simply because i'm not that good at tactical RPGs but i want to enjoy the game, also i don't want my people dying ;--;
~A lot of the GC titles (The Thousand Year Door, Double Dash, Sunshine) are inferior in gameplay and musically to their N64 counterparts, Thousand Year Door being extremely boring with empty feeling characters and battle system in comparison to Paper Mario.
~Pokemon Gen 2 is EXTREMELY overrated. The Pokemon are great, and the region is nice, but it's nowhere near as good as a lot of people think imo.
~I don't like Microsoft consoles. I just don't, i can't get into a lot of the games at all aside from a few.
~Zelda II is better than the original. I like the experience system, the platforming, and i like that it's at times relentlessly difficult. It's a nice challenge that i enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom