• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

-Fire Emblem should stop with the support craze, most of the support conversations are cringeworthy and do not add much depth to many characters.
There were support conversations since FE6 and before that there was a similar kind of love system. It would be quite odd to have a new FE game without support convos or something like it.

I never said stop all supports, I just wish they would put less of a focus on them, and make the character supports less one note.

While I believe supports should be emphasized, the quality of them really needs to step up. There are too few serious ones, and Awakening in particular had TERRIBLE comedy in its supports; most of the time, it wasn't funny. Take, for example, Stahl and Miriel's supports, or Robin and Cherche. These supports had lots of potential, but were ruined by Awakening's weird sense of humor. Don't even get me started on Tharja and Noire's relationship, which is written to be humorous for some reason.

And while older Fire Emblem supports are usually better, in my opinion, all of Radiant Dawn's "supports", if you could even call it that, are one-note and add less character development then even the worst of Awakening's, and there are just BAD supports, like Dorcas and Vaida, for example. Admittedly, they are harder to come by, but they are still there. And Awakening has some godly support conversations, like Chrom and Lissa, Laurent with Lucina, and Virion and Panne, and even those are just a few. Unfortunately, the bad heavily outweigh the good, in my opinion.

I feel like I’m the only person on his forum who wasn’t all that crazy about Xenoblade Chronicles. The characters are decent, and the setting is interesting, but I wasn't really too fond of the MMO-style combat, or especially the bland and generic fetch- and kill-x-amount-of-monsters-y-area-style side quests. There were also some story elements that I didn’t really care for, particularly toward the end. Can’t say that I’m really too excited for X…

At this point, I believe Microsoft should step out of the gaming industry. They've never had an original idea for gaming in a long time, and many of the games in their systems are rehashes of previous games. At this point, even their systems are pretty much the same thing as their previous ones but with updated hardware. Sony suffers from many of those problems as well, but at least the system has some original games while the XBox has next to none.

Also, aside from maybe his dair, Ness's moveset should not be changed at all in Smash.

Last edited:
My list:
-I would probably go back to FFXI if it was free to play and able to solo regardless of class
-I don't have much beef with GW 2 but I can't find myself to play it since its nothing like GW 1
-Dungeon Siege 3, I absolutely despise this game and it is nothing like its predecessors. If it was a side game, I probably wouldn't have much of a problem with it
-I like Magic Duals but the fact that you either have to farm gold or pay for it is not my thing
-While I like the graphics and gameplay updates Oblivion and Skyrim, I cant get into them and Morrowind is the only Elder Scrolls Game that I can personally enjoy

Last edited:
- I know I give Skylanders a lot of crap but it's actually pretty fun.
- I like rhythm games but I think Rock Band and Guitar Hero are terrible.
- Dynasty Warriors is not fun but games like Dynasty Warriors are great.

I don't see what's so special about NIB amiibo. The moment I purchase them, I rip the box open and take the amiibo out.

Duke Nukem Forever is a great video game and was not as bad as people make it out to be.

Xenoblade Chronicles is a dull, tedious game with a lot of annoying elements and very few interesting characters. I do find it resentful that Xenoblade got carte blance in Smash Wii U/3DS, while Golden Sun (my favorite Nintendo RPG) got demoted to "oh, here's a new song in Sakurai's big project".

Kid Icarus: Uprising is not funny at all. It's a kid-friendly "Sit Down, Shut Up" (can't believe I'm referencing that abomination) attempt at being meta, and Medusa was the only character I liked because she wanted to be serious.

Super Mario Sunshine is a great game, and hey, if you find FLUDD annoying, there were segments that involve classic Mario platforming. I will admit, though, that the locales felt the same, but you're based on a tropical island, so you couldn't really have an Ice area.

Besides the battle mechanics, exploring the forest area, and the treatment of Bowser (who was often the funniest part of the Mario RPGs), Paper Mario: Sticker Star is a fun RPG.

Big the Cat doesn't suck.

Oh boy.

Tales of Symphonia isn't as great as everyone says it it. I feel like they had too many party members so they could not give enough focus to each one. I also found the setting boring, and the gameplay isn't as fun as the other games. I think that Abyss, Xillia and Xillia 2 were better.

To contrast I really like Dawn of the New world, even with all it's flaws. I also liked Emil's and Marta's romance, and it's still one of my two OTPs.

I really like the Final Fantasy XIII games. Sure the game play isn't that great, but a game doesn't need much for me to like it, meh gameplay? But plot, setting, and characters that I can enjoy? sign me up. Also Lightning Started out pretty meh on me as well, but grew on me with LR, just because of how done she is with everything at that point. Hopes the best though

Another Final Fantasy thing is that I Hated playing Final Fantasy 4 Heros of light. Just to be clear I'm not talking about IV with Cecil, Rosa and Kain, that's a good one, the the one one the DS. It's a throw back to old school RPGs but it brings back everything I hate about old RPGs. The plot is never made clear, things happen with no explanation, I can't even remember the characters names, Random difficultly spikes, limited bag space where stuff like your current armor and spells take up space, the party spends most of the game split up after they've teased you with the full party, and you can't choose which monsters to target! This gets really bad since physical monsters tend to be in the front line and your spells will attack the back line first. There's also this boss fight with a fire and ice monster, and if you hit the wrong monster with an attack that would be super effective ageist the other it heals them! So this fight gets very annoying! It did have some nice graphics though.

Too much Undertale has be spoiled for me, so I'm not all that interested in playing it now.

I really like Loz Spirit Tracks, no one seems to talk about it. Also their was a Phone in LA so stop compiling(to me) about the train.

I also really like Megaman Starforce.

I think that The Last Story is Just as good as Xenoblade Chronicles, and it's a shame that more people haven't heard/played it.

First-person shooters can be "thought provoking" as other video game genres like role-playing games and adventure games. (Also, I don't understand the entire Internet's [or at least, on English websites/forums/message boards] "schism" [lol] with "dudebro" games.)
Mortal Kombat is better than Street Fighter. The "Console Wars" are ridiculous.

Last edited:
I don't see what's so special about NIB amiibo. The moment I purchase them, I rip the box open and take the amiibo out.

I remember going to Toys R Us buying some Amiibo they finally had in-stock and the guy at the register asked if I displayed them or kept them in the box. I told him I take them out of the box because 1.) the boxes take too much room 2.) they just display better when they are out of box, and 3.) I actually like to use them on games that are compatible with them. He looked at me like I grew a third eye on my forehead and told me I should keep them NIB because their value would be a lot higher. I didn't want to argue with him on that so I just told him "sure" and then left, but seriously, I don't care about the value of these things. I don't ever plan on selling them in my lifetime. Besides, you have to take a bitch load of care of them for them to be NIB and worth a lot, and since I buy a lot of figures online and the boxes they give me are beaten up to begin with, I don't even bother.

I don't care much for realistic shooters like COD or Halo. Splatoon is the only shooter that actually appealed to me, and I'm glad it's here and a big part of Nintendo now. (Sorry, I wanted to take out the negative taste from the posts above). I'm not saying that those shooters are bad or anything (I've barely played them; who am I to judge?), just that they don't appeal to me specifically due to their realistic looks.

Casual mode in FE is okay. Deal with the fact that it exists. It is an option that does not effect you. I feel very strongly about this opinion.

My favorite FE character is not playable in Smash Bros. *coughTikicough*

I prefer The Runaway Guys over Game Grumps.

Back
Top Bottom