• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

not everyone has the money to buy another region system, or wants the same system just in another language just to buy one or two games especially if they don't understand it.

RE: the not understanding it part. You can change the language on Pokemon games before you start a new game. In fact, due to a brain fart on my part my Japanese version of OR is in English and my American version of AS is in Japanese. So, you can totally understand the game, just set the language to English when starting a new game.

@dragon_nataku Yeah that was a derp moment on my part as well, I forgot about changing languages on the (newest) Pokemon games. But what about other games besides Pokemon that might have similar events? Those games might not have an option to change a language, and my point still stands about buying another region system though or if they even want two of the same systems, I also forgot to mention that other people who play the games are in other countries besides the US, Japan, Canada, etc. So depending on where they live they might not be able to import a Japanese system.

Edit: Not to mention prices for a different region system are usually higher than the systems they can get in their own country.

Last edited:
I won't disregard this opinion since I haven't assess this game's merits, but could you elaborate on this?

It's one of those things which achieves a certain cult status quickly, then through the sorcery of social media blows up into a wildfire.
People start to massively overhype it in the short-term, but the hysteria will die down quickly and then it may actually be appreciated in a sensible manner.

The game isn't bad, it's just not as good as all the noise surrounding it would make it appear.

It's one of those things which achieves a certain cult status quickly, then through the sorcery of social media blows up into a wildfire.
People start to massively overhype it in the short-term, but the hysteria will die down quickly and then it may actually be appreciated in a sensible manner.

The game isn't bad, it's just not as good as all the noise surrounding it would make it appear.
I see. I had similar feelings for certain wildly popular things like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (which I haven't even watched) because I wonder if it's as good as people found it to be.

In other news, I have recently started my Undertale journey, and while it's nothing exciting to write about, it's alright so far.

Thanks for reading.

I do not see the appeal of the Madden series. They release a ton of sequels with nothing changed but the team rosters, and yet they end up selling millions. Why, I do not know.

I know I said this already but I'll add more to this opinion, FPS are boring to me. They are repetitive and a lot of online co-op users get pretty salty over every little thing that goes on. Maybe I haven't played enough of them, but to me they are the same thing just with different titles. But different strokes for different folks.

Ok, my unpopular opinion is pretty unpopular, so here goes nothing.
I'm not a huge fan of Legend of Zelda. Please don't kill me.
I don't hate the games or anything, but I don't don't see the appeal in them either. Also my sister's obsession with LoZ probably made me dislike it more as well, since she'd always shove something Zelda-related in my face which really started to peeve me off after a while.
I'll admit though, I did enjoy the LoZ manga.

This next opinion is probably not as unpopular as my above one.
FNAF is overrated as hell. I've never actually played the games myself but I have seen friends playing them and the game play just looks, well, boring. I guess the lore and stuff is kinda interesting, but not enough to make this game live up to the hype it's getting. Heck, it's even getting a god damn movie. Oh and don't get me started on FNAF's fanbase...

Last edited:
I only really love Majora's Mask from the Zelda series. The other Zelda titles I played (most of them) are mostly great games, but they do little for me.

As for my unpopular opinion of the day: The Blazblue series is garbage. Awful character designs, awful art style, awful story, awful voice acting, stupidly overcomplicated mechanics. Not even the music is that great (it's like the poor man's version of Guilty Gear's OSTs).
They are repetitive
I am not disagreeing or agreeing with your opinion on FPS (I do think generalizing a whole genre as boring is weird, tho), but I want to say that every game is repetitive after a while.

I am not disagreeing or agreeing with your opinion on FPS (I do think generalizing a whole genre as boring is weird, tho), but I want to say that every game is repetitive after a while.

Not really weird honestly, some genre of games just doesn't appeal to everyone, like FPS for me, it's no different than finding certain music, book, or movie/t.v. genres boring, everyone has different tastes. I get bored of shooter games pretty quickly and don't find them really entertaining as some people do. And yeah every game does get repetitive, but FPS just takes the cake for me as really repetitive, for some people it's RPG or Puzzle games or any other game genre. But like I said some like it, others don't and that's okay :)

Last edited:
I just want to say that I love reading all the different opinions in this thread. Some of you dislike the stuff I like, and hey, that's okay! Shows we all have different tastes. :D

That said, I dislike FPS games, as well. Not because I find them boring, but they are just too dark, gritty, and gorey for my tastes. The only games that I liked that had a dystopian future are the Mega Man X and Zero series games, and that's only because they are nowhere near as dark as these hyper realistic shooting games can get. They had some fun moments in them with colorful animal bosses, anime-esque designs, and memorable characters. These FPS games... geez. They're just unpleasant all the way through. Don't care for them. I guess I just don't care for anything too realistic and full of grit, which describes almost every FPS game out there along with some western RPGs.

Doesn't seem very unpopular online, but I like the 3DS and its game selection. Everyone I meet seems to hate the 3DS and they prefer the XBox One. But I don't like the Xbox One's gamepool, since it's about 90% sports games and first person shooters (neither of which I am a fan of).

Western RPGs and open worlds are sorta overrated. I dislike using the term overrated but people seem to really hate linear game play whereas I prefer it.
Just the story takes a back seat in WRPGs since you're focused on exploration and RPGs are usually story heavy so it seems more like Adventure than an RPG :/

My unpopular opinion would be that shooting games are dull and all too samey. Also I do believe they encourage real world violence.

Also I agree about DLC being a real slap in the face. It's nice if it's genuinely extra stuff, but when they cut stuff out of a normal game then make you buy the rest, it just feels like a rip off, like your paying twice.

I was so upset in Mario Kart, the first game i ever saw where it asked me to pay to unlock content with no way to get it otherwise.

Western RPGs and open worlds are sorta overrated. I dislike using the term overrated but people seem to really hate linear game play whereas I prefer it.
Just the story takes a back seat in WRPGs since you're focused on exploration and RPGs are usually story heavy so it seems more like Adventure than an RPG :/
Just so you know, not all WRPGs are all about world exploration. That is merely one style of the RPGs made in the west, and most of them are the ones made by Bethesda (The Elder Scrolls, Fallout 3), because that's what they do. But games made by companies like Bioware and Black Isle/Obsidian, such as Knights of the Old Republic, Planescape: Torment, Dragon Age, even Mass Effect (and arguably even Fable), etc., are just as story- and character-driven as any JRPG you'll find out there.

Also, RPGs are based on the concept of pen & paper tabletop-style role-playing and character building, in which WRPGs definitely qualify. They have just become more story-heavy than they were in the 80s.

Last edited:
Just so you know, not all WRPGs are all about world exploration. That is merely one style of the RPGs made in the west, and most of them are the ones made by Bethesda (The Elder Scrolls, Fallout 3), because that's what they do. But games made by companies like Bioware and Black Isle/Obsidian, such as Knights of the Old Republic, Planescape: Torment, Dragon Age, even Mass Effect (and arguably even Fable), etc., are just as story- and character-driven as any JRPG you'll find out there.

Also, RPGs are based on the concept of pen & paper tabletop-style role-playing and character building, in which WRPGs definitely qualify. They have just become more story-heavy than they were in the 80s.
That's not at all what I meant... I class Xenoblade Chronicles X as a WRPG despite it being made in Japan. Western RPGs are usually RPGs that aren't turn based and have open worlds but all other RPG elements are there.

Back
Top Bottom