• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

Putting someone down as a "casual" if they play a "mainstream" game instead of a "REAL game" is obnoxious and is the video game equivalent of the "true fan" argument.
I'm still excited for Mighty No. 9 even though I'm getting irritated with the delays.
Mother/Earthbound is best game series
I don't think that's an unpopular opinion.

Last edited:
I actually think the Duck Hunt dog is hilarious (primarily as I've never played Duck Hunt in my life, so I hold no grudge towards the dog and duck. Matter of fact, he's one of my mains in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U).
My first reaction to him being in Smash was "wait, what the HELL?!" and then it changed to "actually this is kind of awesome" and THAT changed into "this guy's gonna be a hilarious character to troll people with."

My first reaction to him being in Smash was "wait, what the HELL?!" and then it changed to "actually this is kind of awesome" and THAT changed into "this guy's gonna be a hilarious character to troll people with."

Before I head off for the night, I'd like to say that there are my enemies online that love Viridi but hate Duck Hunt. I, of course, love Duck Hunt but hate Viridi.

Gamers are a horrid bunch too often
I can't believe I didn't notice this when I quoted you earlier. I hate the gaming community these days. All they seem to like are "realistic" graphics, they think being "mature" means being overly violent and having no sympathetic characters, and I don't even want to get into how these jagoffs treat girl gamers. I'm honestly ashamed to be a gamer at times.

At the same time, there are loads of Nintendo fans who look down on anything that is an FPS or remotely violent ;^)

Oh and competitive scenes are mostly trash. I love Smash and it allegedly has one of the better pro scenes. But...it's hardly remarkable.

At the same time, there are loads of Nintendo fans who look down on anything that is an FPS or remotely violent ;^)
I don't have a problem with violence. I just don't like how difficult it is to root for certain video game characters. I mean, Skyrim was dark, but I like it because you can play your character whatever way you wanted! You could a hero, an anti-hero, or a villain. I don't really like FPSes, but that probably has more to do with how bad I am at that genre :p

Oh and competitive scenes are mostly trash. I love Smash and it allegedly has one of the better pro scenes. But...it's hardly remarkable.
Oh, boy. I totally agree with you on this. I can't stand how many of them look down on people as "scrubs" because they aren't "playing the game right," which really means "they don't play the way I do." And don't get started on the people who look down on "casuals" because they play games they don't like. I don't like CoD, but I won't dismiss anyone who plays it as not being a "true" gamer. The idea of a "true gamer" or a "true fan" is total bull, and I actually found a rant that sums it all up.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with violence. I just don't like how difficult it is to root for certain video game characters. I don't really like FPSes, but that probably has more to do with how bad I am at that genre :p

Oh, boy. I totally agree with you on this. I can't stand how many of them look down on people as "scrubs" because they aren't "playing the game right," which really means "they don't play the way I do." And don't get started on the people who look down on "casuals" because they play games they don't like. I don't like CoD, but I won't dismiss anyone who plays it as not being a "true" gamer. The idea of a "true gamer" or a "true fan" is total bull, and I actually found a rant that sums it all up.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Don't get me started on competitive smash
When the CREATOR OF THE FUCKONG FRANCHISE TELLS YOU NOT TO PLAY IT THAT WAY you should listen to him
Skaurai always wanted a casual smash and regrets making melee (he likes brawl better, but not too much as he regrets some of his mechanics there and the emphasis on its story mode)
And why ignore 90% of the game when a majority of characters and stages are required to be unlocked by playing the game with items. It seems hypocritical to me.
And the lack of stages is an issue because of the rules for competitive.

Also, another good one I have is phpenix/casual mode is a great addition to fire emblen because new guys going into the franchise are going to be overwhelmed by mechanics and unit deaths otherwise

Finally, star fox adventures and assualt where good games and only command sucked.

Finally, star fox adventures and assualt where good games and only command sucked.
<*points to avatar* Adventures was a decent game - it actually got pretty decent reviews - but it would have been better if they hadn't turned it into a Star Fox game and let it stay as its original concept, Dinosaur Planet. It was going to have an open world that would push the N64 to its limits, and it had some fantastic concept art. The character designs were a lot better, and you were going to actually fight General Scales. Nintendo should have just let Rare take the project with them when they sold them off to Microsoft. I'm not an Xbox gamer, but I would have gladly bought an Xbox just to play that. *sigh* Unfortunately, it just wasn't meant to be.

FPS games aren't that bad actually. I've had some fun with what few ones I've played, even if I had no idea what I was doing. (Being unable to aim and having poor reflexes does that.)

The reason I'm terrible at playing FPSes is that I'm too used to seeing enemies attacking from behind. Well, that and I have terrible aim. It's a good genre and has a lot of great games, I'm just no good at it.

Back
Top Bottom