• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

I really really dislike the original Kingdom Hearts, I found it boring and clunky. I however was a fan of KH2

I agree! And it's a very unpopular opinion among the KH fandom. I did, however, find the game much better in the PS3 remastered version. They made some much needed adjustments like giving the game a controllable camera, like in KHII.

I don't know if it's unpopular, but the Mario & Luigi RPG games are some of the most solid RPGs i ever played.

I love the humour, the story is overall pretty good (and it can be rather dark at times, Shroobs *shudders*), the battle system is really good and the music is freaking awesome.

Seriously, does anybody here likes this series?

I love, love, love the DS zelda games. Spirit tracks is by far my favorite zelda game, and Phantom Hourglass, despite its flaws, is still a great game.
A Link Between Worlds is better than the NES games (like OoT).
I see no reason to buy a wii.

Fire Emblem Awakening is easily one of the worst in the franchise. It is by no means a terrible game, but it disappoints me now upon replaying it.
I agree.I cannot bring myself to finish another file on there at all.The story is bland,and some of the characters are just...ugh.Not Inigo,though.Never Inigo.

-I think the Tellius Fire Emblem games are way too overrated,and the fandom of those games is annoying due to them insisting it's underrated anytime one person says it's overrated (the Serenes Forest community nowadays)
-I like Shadow the Hedgehog,Sonic 06,Sonic and the Black Knight,Sonic Colors and Sonic Boom
-I like DmC:Devil May Cry
-I think Bravely Default is overrated
-I find the generation one Pokemon games boring
-I like more generation 4/5/6 Pokemon then I like the other ones
-I like the Trubish and its evolution
-I really like the way to support in the GBA Fire Emblem games and how it's limited to five,and I hope it comes back in If

Last edited:
Fire Emblem Awakening is easily one of the worst in the franchise. It is by no means a terrible game, but it disappoints me now upon replaying it.
I agree.I cannot bring myself to finish another file on there at all.The story is bland,and some of the characters are just...ugh.Not Inigo,though.Never Inigo.

-I think the Tellius Fire Emblem games are way too overrated,and the fandom of those games is annoying due to them insisting it's underrated anytime one person says it's overrated (the Serenes Forest community nowadays)

-I really like the way to support in the GBA Fire Emblem games and how it's limited to five,and I hope it comes back in If

Fire Emblem Awakening actually is extremely fun gameplay wise, but since FE is made by the characters for me, (heck, the reason Sacred Stones is my favorite is because of the characters) it just kind of falls flat on its face. Kellam in particular represents everything wrong with the new characters. I can count the number of characters I like on one hand (namely Inigo, Sumia, Anna, Basilio, and Tiki, and even then, two of them aren't native to Awakening) I don't mind Awakening TOO much though, as it saved the franchise, and it served as a gate for newcomers.

I also share the other two opinions I quoted.

That said, here's yet another unpopular opinion:

I dislike Casual Mode. This is only simply because while yes, it did ease many into FE, it also, in the process, probably scared people out of playing the others with permadeath activated. At least, that's what it did to most newcomers to FE. I probably sound like an elitist (and, honestly, I'm afraid I am a bit of one), but it kind of bugs me.

Oh, and Justice For All, at least from what I've played of the Phoenix Wright trilogy is probably my favorite. This is probably only because of the final case, since it really introduced good characters and amazing plot twists. The third case can burn in a fire, though, especially the ventriloquist guy. While I honestly haven't played Trials and Tribulations just yet, reading a little on Godot and the cases are rubbing me the wrong way, especially the former.

FNAF as a whole never should have been story-oriented. I prefer interpreting the animatronics as simply malfunctioning. It feels a lot more scary that way, honestly. Also, FNAF honestly is overrated after the first (I'm not sure about the consensus of this opinion, however)

Finally, Legend of Zelda bores me out of my skull except for Link Between Worlds, which I adore. Maybe I'll OoT again soon.

In most Legend of Zelda games, I spend more time using my sword on plants for rupees. And breaking pots. I find it most fun.

- The best Final Fantasy is X.
- The Vita is an awesome handheld with a great library of games.
- I loved the marriage and children aspect of Fire Emblem Awakening.
- Dragon Age 2 is a phenomenal game.
- Elder Scrolls games a extremely boring.

Street Fighter II isn't really that great.
S3&K was the only time Sonic was at his highest, and even then it was okay at best.
Mega Man ZX is the best Mega Man series, and I am still waiting for ZX3.

This wasn't an unpopular opinion at one time, but it's fairly obvious that Super Mario Sunshine is unfinished and in some ways is a step down from Super Mario 64.

This wasn't an unpopular opinion at one time, but it's fairly obvious that Super Mario Sunshine is unfinished and in some ways is a step down from Super Mario 64.

I actually think that Super Mario Sunshine is overrated and is the worst Mario game. Points taken off for Bowser being petty against Mario, and not being actually threatening like he was in the final battle of Mario 64, nor ambitious like Galaxy. Further points taken off for not employing Luigi, Wario, or Waluigi as accomplices - there was good potential for that, instead of using a doppelganger.

I actually like the fantasy being downplayed in the earlier Fire Emblem titles. Just only basic magic, and just only dragons and pegasuses (compared to other medieval fantasy video games), and that's it. More interaction of characters and political gaming between them.

I'd like to see a crossover between Fire Emblem and Advance Wars, just to see what it'll look like.

Honestly, I cringe at seeing that pussy bitch (Peach), and increasingly Luigi, in Super Smash Brothers, and is the main reason why I am not buying Smash, period. If there is a DLC that gets rid of the two, and replaced with Caeda/Lilina (FE), Paula/Kumatora (EB), Bayonetta (didn't know the WiiU game was developed jointly with Nintendo), or Misty/Hilda/Serena (as Pokémon trainers, with their Pokémon of course), I will buy that. (I used to think the same way with Zelda in Melee, but after Twilight Princess, she's awesome.)

I prefer Misty, Caeda, and Paula as the Nintendo girl trio. Maybe Zelda and Samus as well, but not that pussy bitch.

Last edited:
I dislike most N64 games, Mischief Makers is amazing though.
The Dragon Quest games are all ridiculously boring, and I'm okay with grinding in rpgs.
Don't like Earthbound either.
Wasn't huge on Metroid Fusion, didn't like "Adam" constantly telling me where to go.
And probably the one that'll get me the most flak: I don't like the 3rd generation of Pokemon, neither the games nor the Pokemon themselves.

The Last of Us, while deserving of much of praise it gets, is overrated in terms of gameplay. It’s too cinematic and suffers from the flaw that a lot of games have nowadays in that it’s basically an interactive movie (and it would make a better movie than game IMO). There was too much handholding, and there weren’t many parts where I felt the game was challenging or frustrating.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is long, boring, and tedious. I have only beaten the game once and don’t want to play it again. The warp points don’t help the tediousness of needing to traverse the over-world map and backtrack to certain points in the game, and the portions where you’re forced to play as “Wolf Link” are among the most boring parts of the game.

The best Star Wars shooter – and one of the best Star Wars games period – is Star Wars: Republic Commando and not any of the Battlefront games (although I like them too). Republic Commando is also more deserving of a sequel/reboot/remake than Battlefront is at this point.

The last three or so Madden games (Madden NFL 2013 and onward) are excellent.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game and deserving of the praise it gets as one of the best games ever. This isn’t an unpopular opinion, but seeing how much backlash it often gets, it certainly can be. If anyone accuses me of being blinded by nostalgia, you should know that I never played the original game back in the 90s – I first played OoT on the 3DS last year.

Majora's Mask is pretty darn good, but it isn't the best Zelda game. That title goes to A Link Between Worlds. I appreciate the different plot and all, but A Link Between Worlds was simply more fun.

Granted, I'm trying to avoid spoilers, so there could be a lack of truth to this statement, but Fire Emblem Fates does not look warranting of the hype it is receiving. I mean, I'm still hyped because Fire Emblem is Fire Emblem, but something tells me it is going to follow several of the bad things Awakening did: poor story, poor maps, etc. While I like the two routes scenario, I am HEAVILY opposed to the Pokemon style of how they're selling it.

Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney was NOT ruined by the cheesy ending. It was certainly terrible, alright, but some of the characters (Greyerl, for example) were fantastic and while Layton DID hog the spotlight, i liked the interactions between the two parties. The only things I hate about are Espella (seriously, she can rot in hell, stop saying I'M BEZELLA you whore) and the lack of the Magatama.

Bridge to the Turnabout, while certainly a fantastic case, left a bit to be desired as an ending. I especially hated playing as Edgeworth since it meant we wouldn't get him for the final trial, and I hate Godot, so... At least Franziska got some character development because she got to appear to have a VK showdown.

Licensed games, while definitely worse than original games, aren't completely terrible. There, I said it.

The Guitar Hero games made under Activision were better than the ones made under Harmonix.

Angry Birds, Candy Crush, and Five Nights At Freddy's are all horrible games.

Shovel Knight and Shantae are overrated games, and their characters aren't getting into Smash.

Skyrim is a really fun game and hasn't ruined the Elder Scrolls franchise forever and ever. Okay, I'm not sure if this opinion is unpopular or not. Internet could just be magnifying a smaller group of fanboys, but I still see it so much everywhere.

Fire Emblem Awakening is an awful game and an offense to how good the series used to be (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were so good). It is unfortunate that Fates seem to be more of the same/even worse than Awakening was.

Thank god Advance Wars is dead.

And probably the one that'll get me the most flak: I don't like the 3rd generation of Pokemon, neither the games nor the Pokemon themselves.

I never liked RSE, and I don't like ORAS either. There, that's sorta the two of us.

Back
Top Bottom