• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

I don't get why people are upset that neighbors in Animal Crossing: New Leaf move away. I don't see any interest in them, and they'll always move even if I tell them not to. So what's the point?

That's not at all what I meant... I class Xenoblade Chronicles X as a WRPG despite it being made in Japan. Western RPGs are usually RPGs that aren't turn based and have open worlds but all other RPG elements are there.
Fair enough, but the thing is, even that last statement isn't wholly true. In fact, one of the examples I used, KOTOR, has turn-based combat (even if it doesn't look or feel like it, and doesn't use random-monster encounter rates or a separate battle screen); and the Dragon Age (Origins, anyway) and Torment examples, are more pause-and-play RTS-style real-time rather than straight up hack-'n-slash/shooter-style action. I could also add the Wizardry series, with their straight-up, Dragon Quest-style turn-based gameplay. Nor do they have sandbox-style open worlds, where the stories take a backseat for the exploration. Sure, they may have rather large game worlds, but they merely serve as a setting, grounds on which to travel from place to place to follow the epic plots. A lot of RPGs follow this formula.

It's mostly just the more modern WRPGs - and perhaps even many RPGs in general, nowadays - that are streamlined Action-RPGs rather than traditionally turn-based; but that was not always so common. And I agree: Open-world games do seem to be popular these days.

Last edited:
“Kerfuffle” would NOT make a good name for a future Super Smash Bros. game. The name suggests a few first graders getting into a pillow fight rather than an epic battle between Nintendo all-stars.

I'd prefer it if Smash Brothers had a numerical or system installment in their name and not try "Brouhaha" or "Battle Royale" (that sounds like something Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion would have if it ever got a sequel).

Also, I think the PlayStation TV is just fine if you manage to get it under $40, which is easy right now.

Oh this will be a long one:
I don't like Ocarina Of Time, i find it really overated and boring

I don't like Mario e Luigi: Superstar Saga, i find it rather overated and frustating

I like Megaman 7 and Megaman X8. Megaman 7.... well why do people hatr this game? It's basically the NES games on steroids, better music, graphics and level design. Megaman X8 was probally not given a chance because of X7, because it's a really good game

I don't like Mario 64..... i don't have a reason for this one, i just don't like it.

I don't like the Megaman Zero series, i just think it is too hard

-Most Harvest Moon games are sexist garbage (except GBC2, that's pretty good.)
-Mega Man IV for the game boy is an underrated gem.
-SSBM hasn't aged well
-Animal Crossing is BORING.

-Most Harvest Moon games are sexist garbage
Not trying to cause a stir around here or anything, I was just wondering why you think this? I've never heard anything like this directed towards Harvest Moon.

Just my own opinion on the series. But I'll be honest: GBC3 made me hate the series because of how sexist it was, so I'm more than a little biased.

^ Is that because the game ends if you get married as a girl?

I like Megaman 7 and Megaman X8. Megaman 7.... well why do people hatr this game? It's basically the NES games on steroids, better music, graphics and level design. Megaman X8 was probally not given a chance because of X7, because it's a really good game

7 is awesome and I wish Capcom would acknowledge the non 8 bit classic Megaman games in general.

-Mega Man IV for the game boy is an underrated gem.

IV is also awesome. You should try out V (Gameboy) as well, it's also great and follows a similar formula.

On topic, I greatly dislike the majority of games and the industry in general as it has been since around the turn of the century. Not to say that there aren't exceptions, but I can't think of more then a handful of games I've greatly enjoyed post 2000, whereas I'm constantly discovering older games that I've previously never played before that I end up greatly enjoying.

Kratos from God of War is the most unlikable and overrated character in the history of gaming.
Pokemon Gen II is overrated. I enjoyed Gen I more out of nostalgia and Gen V more because it was the first main series Pokemon game to have a genuinely good story.
The original Spyro games are vastly superior to the entirety of the Crash Bandicoot series.
I have no interest in most FPSes, the only ones I have any interest in are the Metroid Prime series and Team Fortress 2, the latter mostly for the fact that it doesn't take itself seriously like almost every other FPS.
When I play an open world game like Skyrim I prefer to play a straight-up hero rather than being an anti-hero or a sociopathic nutjob.
Super Smash Bros Melee hasn't aged well. The original Super Smash Bros and Super Smash Bros IV are better games.
Although it's still a good game, Twilight Princess is the weakest of the 3D console Zeldas, and Zant is the stupidest Zelda villain.
The last good handheld Zelda is The Minish Cap.
The Wind Waker is the greatest 3D Zelda game ever.
The Wind Waker looked better on the Gamecube than it does on the Wii U.

Last edited:
VLR is a superior game to 999. The puzzles being obtuse lenda a harder feel to the puzzles, the flowchart and its metagameplay explanation is far superior to the metagameplay aspect of 999, and the overall story is balls amazing, the way it ends is just damn.
999 ia ambiguous, while VLR sets its self up as not a sequel to 999 aet in the future, but a sequel to 999 set in the future which is actually a prequel to the direct sequel of 999.

Harvest Moon DS and DS Cute are good games. If you find the correct edition, and put in some effort.

Fire Emblem died with Radiant Dawn. Intelligent Systems hasn't released a good Fire Emblem game since then. Well, to be frank, they haven't release a lot of good games at all since then. Code Name S.T.E.A.M. is kinda good, but that is about it. What happened to the developer of gems like Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, Paper Mario/Super/The Thousand-Year Door?

EA is far from the worst thing ever

Mother/Earthbound is best game series

Gamers are a horrid bunch too often

Back
Top Bottom