• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

Logic errors only by human logic. We already known from quantum mechanics that particles can be quantum entangled both across space and across time; it actually is possible to send information from a period in the future to a period in the past. Thus, you can have a particle react to events that haven't happened yet.

How much information, and what limits there are on the types of information, still need to be explored.
in english please?

Overwatch is nothing special and the character designs are lackluster

I'm more of a SMITE guy, as I have said.

However, I've noticed that people find the inclusion of certain members of the Hindu pantheon in SMITE to either be in poor taste or be totally fine. I've met some people who revere these deities but have no problem with having their pantheon represented in a video game with many other gods from all over the world. I personally like how Ganesha has the most powerful Ultimate in-game, but his passive makes it so if one of his allies is nearby, Ganesha bestows the credit for his kills to said ally, and takes the assist credit instead (unless there are no teammates nearby).

Splatoon 1's multiplayer songs are WAY better than nearly everything in Splatoon 2's soundtrack (except the Chirpy Chips songs, those are fantastic; the Ink Theory stuff is okay too). I thought this would be a popular opinion until recently, but it seems like Splatoon 2's soundtrack overall is more popular now, which is weird to me. Like, it's not bad by any means, but it lacks the energetic personality that the first game's music had, I dunno. It was even more apparent when I recently went back and played the first game.

Splatoon 1's multiplayer songs are WAY better than nearly everything in Splatoon 2's soundtrack (except the Chirpy Chips songs, those are fantastic; the Ink Theory stuff is okay too). I thought this would be a popular opinion until recently, but it seems like Splatoon 2's soundtrack overall is more popular now, which is weird to me. Like, it's not bad by any means, but it lacks the energetic personality that the first game's music had, I dunno. It was even more apparent when I recently went back and played the first game.
I have a friend that adamantly has the same view as you. I think both games have good music, but she thinks that the first one is leagues better. I'm not sure if that's because she doesn't own a switch or if she legitimately thinks that.

Personally, I like Splatoon 2's music better. Wet Floor has more personality than Squid Squad did, and the additions of Bottom Feeders and Ink Theory brought more diversity than the additional bands in S1. However, I actually thought the Chirpy Chips' songs in the first game were better than their additions to the second. Just my opinion on the matter, not trying to change yours or anything.

Unpopular opinion within the Kirby fandom: I actually kind of liked Squeak Squad. But it wasn't really a terrible game in the first place. It's the black sheep of the kirby franchise because it's mediocre. Because Kirby has never had a bad game. But I digress.

@BackSet what about Mass Attack?

Mine is I find the Dark Matter trilogy to be a little too slow compared to the Super Star style games to the point I barely played them

@BackSet what about Mass Attack?

Mine is I find the Dark Matter trilogy to be a little too slow compared to the Super Star style games to the point I barely played them
Never played it so I can't have an opinion. Looks like a nightmare to control. (Epic Yarn, though, was goddamn amazing.)

I admit, I didn't like Kirby Mass Attack too much. Controlling so many Kirbys at once kind of almost killed my DS screen from using my stylus so much.
I haven't even played it and I agree.

It looks like pikmin but cuter.

I always prefer the male player characters in Splatoon a lot more than the female ones, this goes for both Inklings and Octolings. I also find some of the Ouch! or Help! sounds from female Inklings very annoying.

Last edited:
I don't like Return to Dreamland.

Specifically, I hate Magalor.

You can't just come back to life with no explanation and suddenly be a good guy! You were a frikken soul boss! (At least Marx was only helping in star allies because he didn't want to die for the third time).

I absolutely DESPISE Flay, Pamela, and Muppy in Mana Khemia. I cannot understand why MK fans like them, especially Pamela. She's always ordering people around, and plays the victim if they so much as say no to her. In one character quest, she nearly kills people with a potion, and when Vayne tries to tell her off, she cries...and everyone yells at him for "not talking to a woman more delicately" or some bullcrap like that, even the characters who are normally smart and rational! Muppy contributed nothing to the game and Flay is just an annoying, freeloading macho dudebro who constantly makes everyone do his work because he can't be bothered to do anything. I love the game, but these three characters really bogged it down for me.

Persona 4 Dancing All Night is the only rhythm game I have been interested in.

Persona 4 is actually one of those games that I did not mind the number of spin-offs. It throroughly deserves its popularity.

Rise in the entire Personaverse is a character that really benifitted from having Ashly Bursch as the new VA. Her voice reflects how Rise has grown from the main game of P4 to when Dancing All Night kicked off. Ashly should keep voicing Rise for any Persona game chronologically after Dancing All Night.

Conversely, having Rie Kugimiya reprise Rise in Dancing All Night was not a good idea. Why does her voice still sound so ditzy after her character development?! This was one case where the unwritten rule of VA sould have been broken.

Persona 5 is the Persona game where it would have been beneficial (or even necessary) to have at least a past character interacting with the game's story and characters.

Last edited:
The Shin Megami Tensei series didn't deserve to be overshadowed by Persona.

Specifically, I hate Magalor.

You can't just come back to life with no explanation and suddenly be a good guy! You were a frikken soul boss! (At least Marx was only helping in star allies because he didn't want to die for the third time).

There was an official Planet Robobot Q&A in Miiverse that confirmed that all "extra mode" features (For example: The Arenas and subgames like Dededetour and Meta Knightmare) are non-canonical and only exist through 'what-if scenarios', which basically means that most of the Soul bosses by default don't exist in the main canon because they are exclusive to the extra scenarios. And besides that, Magolor Soul's description is this:
“A sad shell possessed by the limitless power of the Master Crown, no more than a manifestation of the crown itself.”
Which at least heavily implies that Magolor at some point was taken over/corrupted by the crown, as opposed to how Marx wreaked havoc out of his own volition.

The Shin Megami Tensei series didn't deserve to be overshadowed by Persona.

There was an official Planet Robobot Q&A in Miiverse that confirmed that all "extra mode" features (For example: The Arenas and subgames like Dededetour and Meta Knightmare) are non-canonical and only exist through 'what-if scenarios', which basically means that most of the Soul bosses by default don't exist in the main canon because they are exclusive to the extra scenarios. And besides that, Magolor Soul's description is this:
“A sad shell possessed by the limitless power of the Master Crown, no more than a manifestation of the crown itself.”
Which at least heavily implies that Magolor at some point was taken over/corrupted by the crown, as opposed to how Marx wreaked havoc out of his own volition.

Yeah, no, that was bullshit and I'll choose to pretend that was never said because that means none of the lore introduced in those extra modes is canon. Which obviously isn't the case if the True Arena in Planet robobot is any indication.

Back
Top Bottom