• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

Paper Mario Color Splash was good, and I liked it. I don't think it's anything I'd call fantastic, but I don't have as much of a burning hatred for it as many others seem to have. I did enjoy the game when I first played through it. The graphics were nice, and the game looked very cute and charming. The dialogue was also on point throughout the whole game, which I think was one of the game's bigger strengths. Unfortunately, the battle system was the worst part, as it was in Sticker Star.

I like the Koopalings and I don't mind their increased appearances in the past few Mario games. At least thay're better than Bowser Jr, who I absolutely loathe.

I don't like Super Mario 64. Specifically the graphics.
Even the DS remake looks real blocky. Seeing it on the Switch, remade, would hopefully make it less painful on the eyes.

I prefer Street Fighter V over Street Fighter Alpha 3, mostly because a) the music in V doesn't sound bad and b) Final Bison is not in the game (seriously, fuck that boss battle).

Even the DS remake looks real blocky. Seeing it on the Switch, remade, would hopefully make it less painful on the eyes.

The DS version's graphics always bothered me. Not so much the character models, which I understood they modernized. But stuff like the texture of the castle floor having their textures completely removed and turned into grey blotches was really disappointing.

I think I have a deep sickness of SM64 because it was the only DS game I had in between Christmas of 2004 and Mario Kart DS in late 2005 (so pretty much a whole year).

Dragon Quest Builders is a terrible game. Why?

• The inventory management is garbage (what the hell is all this business with coffers? I don't understand.).
  • They hardly give you any space to work on your base.
  • Even if they did give you space there's no point in building anything beyond the things they tell you to because resources, especially wood, are frutratingly annoying to get, especially considering how the world is really small.
  • Speaking of limited resources, you're pretty much stuck with dirt meaning anything you build looks like ugly garbage.
  • The characters are flat and boring.
  • Said characters send you on obnoxious quests that do not progress the plot at all!
  • Said plot has hardly any presence.
  • The third person perspective is annoying because the camera can get all wonky, especially when you're inside buildings.
There are a couple more I forgot. I haven't played the sequel so maybe they fixed at least some of these problems in it but the bottom line is, I hate Dragon Quest Builders and were I to review it I'd give it a solid 0/10.

I swear I can't find a single person who agrees with me on this but I have to say it: I don't like the remastered soundtrack from Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. None of the songs, to me, sound as good as they did in the original game, and Engage the Enemy in particular was completely ruined by the horrid new vocals they added in. Thank god you have the option to play with the original soundtrack.

This is an unpopular one. Everyone's going on about Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World on the Switch, but honestly, I don't want to see it right now. I'm tired of all these Wii U ports for the Switch, and I really feel like this year has been like 99% ports and remasters for the Switch. I'm sitting here hoping for Pikmin 4 or an entirely new major Super Mario game.

Animal Crossing New Leaf > New Horizons. New horizons has a bunch of stuff that just bothers me to no end:

-Furniture that comes in different colors, but can't be customized to the one ou want, you need to trade with another player to obtain other colors
-Breakable tools
-Features like diving that were in New Leaf are only available after a few months past release via free DLC for whatever reason
-Progression feels slower than usual, there are no shops to unlock after Nook + Able Sisters, and the nook store products are rather repetitive (at least from what I've seen)
-Flowers are unkillable parasites that have taken everything over

Terraforming doesn't make up for it, imo

I don't see why a lot of people think all RPGs should be open world and/or Action RPGs.
Open world is absolutely pointless if most of it's empty. Having it just for the sake of having it does absolutely nothing to a game. Exploring a barren wasteland with nothing of note just makes a game look unfinished.

I also don't think linearity in games is a bad thing, but some people tend to think it's the most uncreative thing a game can do.

That's one aspect I didn't like in Breath of the Wild, aside from having the option of helping travelers and the Korok seed hunt as well as clothes you can find, there isn't much that can be done that's fun to me. This leads me to the other aspect I didn't like, why do you have a super cool motorcycle in the game if you intend on making it available right as an endgame item? I just don't like the idea of endgame items being the best thing ever since they come way too late for them to ever be useful.

This leads me to the other aspect I didn't like, why do you have a super cool motorcycle in the game if you intend on making it available right as an endgame item? I just don't like the idea of endgame items being the best thing ever since they come way too late for them to ever be useful.
Bragging rights rewards, and sadly, things like this are everywhere and are pretty old. A good example is the motorcycle(?) from Azure Dreams, which you can only get by the end of the game, and its only function is to make you move faster around town. To make things worse, the bike's shape is... unfortunate to put it mildly.

Bragging rights rewards, and sadly, things like this are everywhere and are pretty old. A good example is the motorcycle(?) from Azure Dreams, which you can only get by the end of the game, and its only function is to make you move faster around town. To make things worse, the bike's shape is... unfortunate to put it mildly.
Another example is the Mirror Shield in the Minish Cap, which BTW it's usefulness is deflecting arrows back at enemies, you can only get that after defeating Vaati. I sure could've used that when there were like a million Moblins shooting arrows toward me.

Another example is the Mirror Shield in the Minish Cap, which BTW it's usefulness is deflecting arrows back at enemies, you can only get that after defeating Vaati. I sure could've used that when there were like a million Moblins shooting arrows toward me.
*sigh* And unlike the GBC dual games, there's no New Game+ to make use of it.

I rather like the idea of SMITE having battle passes that crossover with other franchises (so far it's only been RWBY, and the upcoming Avatar: The Last Airbender Battle Pass)

Back
Top Bottom