• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

There are those annoying secret 3D Mario levels that crank up the difficulty to 11. I liked the secret level of Super Mario Galaxy above all others because after defeating Bowser, I like it better to just have a post-game level where the resolution takes place rather than it going back to other levels. Seeing all of the characters you have encountered throughout your adventure throughout the galaxies join you in the Mushroom Kingdom is definitely a sight to behold.

There are those annoying secret 3D Mario levels that crank up the difficulty to 11.

Ha. Reminds me of Sunshine. It's been forever since I played through that game, but I remember those "Secret of" levels giving me all kinds of trouble. I'm not particularly good at video games, though, so that might have something to do with it. lol

Ha. Reminds me of Sunshine. It's been forever since I played through that game, but I remember those "Secret of" levels giving me all kinds of trouble. I'm not particularly good at video games, though, so that might have something to do with it. lol
I remember those. Not helping the fact is that you have to beat them twice, but at least the second time you have F.L.U.D.D.

No, you don't have to beat them twice. The minimum requirement is to defeat Shadow Mario in each major level, the secret levels second shines don't block you from them as you're just getting red coins in a time limit.

The weakest element of Cyberpunk 2077 is probably it's story. It's glitchy, but It doesn't affect me too much, and I'm playing on a base Xbox One. I really enjoy the gameplay, I find the shooting very satisfying, which is what keeps me coming back.

It's a pretty decent game, with an impossible amount of hype, followed by botched release.

Mysteries related to the main story aren't worth keeping. However, mysteries unrelated to the main story still have their place.

I know I sound lazy when I say this, but when I play story games, I prefer if they are easy or medium difficulty. There is little situations where I like a challenge. I like it when games are fun and easy-ish. That way I feel like a god when I play it :LOL:

I know I sound lazy when I say this, but when I play story games, I prefer if they are easy or medium difficulty. There is little situations where I like a challenge. I like it when games are fun and easy-ish. That way I feel like a god when I play it :LOL:

Not all of us play games for the challenge (I don't), so it's nothing to be ashamed of. I know a lot of elitists out there want to act like gaming has no point if it's not challenging. That's... them. Not everyone, and I wish they would realize that and quit being so snobby.

Here's a hot take: the Kingdom Hearts franchise is overrated garbage. And before anyone starts coming at me, I've PLAYED all the games... and they were total disappointments to me. I honestly don't see what's so great about them. I find the characters meh at best, the story disappointing, and the gameplay boring. And this was BEFORE I gained a fiery hatred for Disney. The fact that Sora got into Smash was pretty much the final straw for me when it came to Smash, as I don't find him at all worthy. Do note that I don't "hate" the games, they're just massive disappointments to me, as they just simply don't live up to their reputation in my eyes. I guess it's only fitting that I feel that way, as I vastly prefer less popular/underrated/sleeper hit games over the more popular ones like Final Fantasy. But you cannot convince me to like Kingdom Hearts in any shape or form, be it the characters, plot, or gameplay.

And since I just happened to mention Smash, I'm gonna throw this out here as well and say Smash is a garbage fighting game. Yeah, it's got some nice characters but overall I don't see the appeal. I used to like it but over time I've come to see just how bad of a game it is. Whenever I play it with anyone or even alone I just can't get into it. I actually haven't touched Smash since the start of the second DLC pack, if not before then because I just can't enjoy it. I'll stick to more traditional (and underrated) fighting games like Blade Strangers.

Last edited:
As someone who's play through most of, or have actually beaten Metroid II, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Prime, and Metroid Prime 2....

Metroid Dread is so difficult with its combat, controls, and extreme difficulty curve, that I find myself unable to play, or enjoy it.

Nintendo needs to stop pushing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and make a new Switch original Mario Kart already. I just don't like the fact that the Switch doesn't truly have its own original Mario Kart yet and its best selling game is a Wii U port. I get that this game makes them money, but so will a new Mario Kart. A new Mario Kart will easily sell and make their top 10. So just make a new one already.

With the way Nintendo is porting everything, I fear that the Wii U will only be remembered for Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

Nintendo needs to stop pushing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and make a new Switch original Mario Kart already. I just don't like the fact that the Switch doesn't truly have its own original Mario Kart yet and its best selling game is a Wii U port. I get that this game makes them money, but so will a new Mario Kart. A new Mario Kart will easily sell and make their top 10. So just make a new one already.
Mario Kart Live Circuit? I know its not the same thing, but it does exist.

Minecraft Dungeons should've had a storage chest for extra items the player wouldn't want at the moment but could use later. Also, what's the point of the house if it doesn't have anything helpful to the gameplay? It would be the perfect place for the storage chest.

Also, I hate the Illagers who summon those explosive pillars because they make runs become such a pain, especially when there are like 4 or 5 of them.

The best era of Pokemon was Gen 5, 6 and 7. Gen 3 and DP were the low-point of Pokemon, IMO, and while Platinum and HGSS were improvements, it was hard for me to enjoy them after having played BW first. Meanwhile I can go back and play BW, B2W2, XY, ORAS, or SM/USUM and still enjoy myself... Aside from XY's terrible story and annoying rivals/villain team, at least.

In my case, the low point was Gen I (although they get points for trying), Gen II and Gen III. They are not really bad games, but both Johto and Hoenn have that "first game in the franchise" feel. You know, where you can feel they are going to do something better once they get to know what they are going to do.

In my case, the low point was Gen I (although they get points for trying), Gen II and Gen III. They are not really bad games, but both Johto and Hoenn have that "first game in the franchise" feel. You know, where you can feel they are going to do something better once they get to know what they are going to do.
gen 2 was good at the time compared to gen 1 and gen 3 and DP, but the 1-2-3 punch of gens 5, 6 and 7 really made me love the franchise again after i lost interest because of how bad DP was.

honestly, i guess my main hot take is pokemon wasn't really even good to begin with until gen 5, and it only started dropping down quality-wise with SwSh. and even then, SwSh+DLC is still better than anything from the first four gens IMO with the possible exceptions of platinum and HGSS

also: colosseum is the worst RPG in the pokemon franchise, bar none. it's actively anti-fun, being excessively grindy/tedious just to unlock your pokemon's ability to level up, and the pokemon selection is mostly single-stage/weak Johto mons. also they locked scizor behind a japan-only e-reader card and i'm still salty over that, lol

wes and miror b were still cool tho, pity the rest of the game sucked so hard

Well, we all have our opinions. I think that the low points of the Pokemon series have been Gen III and VII, with IV being upward from III, V being the peak, and VI past the peak, but still not bad. VII I do not like. S/M were frustrating for me, and LGP/E shall not be spoken of. Gen VII is the definitive low point of the series for me, in fact. My disappointment with Gen III back in the day can not compare.

With Gen VIII, the jury's out for me. I don't think I'm being very impartial with it. In reality, I should be tearing it to shreds because of the flaws of Sword/Shield and then how pathetically cheaply done BD/SP are... but I like Galar, I like the music, I like the Pokemon added. So I'm in a bit of a weird place with Gen VIII. Conflicted feelings, for sure. If Legend counts as Gen VIII, I hope it tips the scales further in my favor and helps me forget about BD/SP.

I did enjoy BDSP from what little I played, but I can see why it is so... divisive to put it mildly. I guess I'm just happy that they fixed 2 out of 3 massive issues I had with the originals.

EDIT: Those issues being HMs and the slowness that plagued the games. Stark Mountain getting fixed was wishful thinking.

Back
Top Bottom