• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your views on Gay Marriage/Gays in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you're not talking about Bush. He's done everything he could to help this country during these difficult times. He also had to pick up where Clinton left off.

Yeah. Eight years of peace and prosperity was a real pain in the neck.

Was it not a conservative president that helped end the Cold War, and quite possibly saved the world?

Who? Gorbachev? That's who ended the Cold War, hon. Reagan did nothing to bring that about other than mug for the camera.

Like ignoring the victims of a category 5 hurricane for the better part of a week before even attempting to mobilize some piss ass response that amounted to a handful of helicopters and troop carriers while ignoring almost ALL of the international aid that was sent our way, and allowing those supplies to rot in warehouses rather than distribute them?

You're not serious are you? Bush did too much for the Katrina victims.

Christians are supposed to love EVERYONE, and they hate Emos, Goths, Anime, Rap, Homosexuals and mentally disturbed people like me, so, I dont see why Homosexuals are so bad.

Where did you get that from? I'm a Christian, and I have a couple emo/goth friends, I play Pokemon (obviously), and I listen to hed p.e. (rap/rock). I also don't hate homosexuals. Homosexuality is just as forgivable of a sin as any other IMO.

Last edited:

"Too much"? Yes. Allowing federal aid months after the disaster, and not letting the national guard in until days after. TRULY he's a hero. Meanwhile, people were stranded on roofs, being shot in the streets, and sweltering in the Superdome (or whatever that stadium was called) with no power and no running water. What a paradise. Meanwhile parts of the city are still rotting and lying in rubble. Not to mention the smaller cities that were overlooked because of the significance of New Orleans' destruction. Yes...Bush did TOO much. Too much sitting around. Too much ignoring the problem.

"Too much"? Yes. Allowing federal aid months after the disaster, and not letting the national guard in until days after. TRULY he's a hero. Meanwhile, people were stranded on roofs, being shot in the streets, and sweltering in the Superdome (or whatever that stadium was called) with no power and no running water. What a paradise. Meanwhile parts of the city are still rotting and lying in rubble. Not to mention the smaller cities that were overlooked because of the significance of New Orleans' destruction. Yes...Bush did TOO much. Too much sitting around. Too much ignoring the problem.

Well, if the state and local government had been on the ball, then aid could have gotten in quicker. Bush can't just march the National Guard into a state; he has to get a state request.

Well, if the state and local government had been on the ball, then aid could have gotten in quicker. Bush can't just march the National Guard into a state; he has to get a state request.

True, but he failed to even start the process until days later. I'm not saying Bush is solely to blame, because that would be a vast oversimplification of the entire United States government, but when you're the man in charge, it's your job to make things happen as quickly as possible.

Where did you get that from? I'm a Christian, and I have a couple emo/goth friends, I play Pokemon (obviously), and I listen to hed p.e. (rap/rock). I also don't hate homosexuals. Homosexuality is just as forgivable of a sin as any other IMO.

Firstly, w. t. f.
to the first two sentences.

And secondly, homosexuality is not a sin. It may be in your Christian dogma, but it does absolutely no harm in general to anyone involved. Neither does sex before marriage. Neither does masturbation. A pattern emerges.
Sins, in my opinion, are deliberate actions taken that harm others. A lot of things that are taboo are absolutely natural and it's thanks to backwards tradition catalyzing closed minds that as a society we're afraid to be ourselves.
In short, I thought everyone basically agreed 10 pages ago to leave religion out of this? Considering that not everyone is Christian and Christians can't really agree on whether or not homosexuality is even wrong according to the Bible?

Some things are good to have a conservative viewpoint on. Others are better to have a liberal viewpoint on. It's life. Nothing's definite.

...well...excluding human stupidity.

I think leaving religion out of this needs an addendum--this isn't the place to discuss the merits and shortcomings of political parties. This is a thread soly about gay marriage and gays in general.

Addendum? Like, another thread? Are you implying that this is getting way too off-topic and nonsensical? Nonsensical! Like Mary Poppins! Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. You know if you enter that word in Microsoft Word it won't make the squiggly red lines of incorrectness underneath it? ~Weird~.

I hope you're not talking about Bush. He's done everything he could to help this country during these difficult times. He also had to pick up where Clinton left off.

Was it not a conservative president that helped end the Cold War, and quite possibly saved the world?
Clinton left the country in really good shape, what with the 5 ( or was it 10) trillion dollar surplus, this is money for the government to spend on projects like repairs, donating to education fixing roads helping improve technology and medical advances. Bush had a hell of a good starting foundation, not to mention clinton had to make that surplus out of a deficite the last conservative made, well in bushes first term, he managed to plumet 5 trillion dollars into -8 trillion dollars, your grandchildren will be paying this debt, because of bush,

And dont think it whent anywhere productive either, if you want information about that, (lawl people on the internet wanting to learn and better themselves) then go here http://www.emogame.com/bushgame.html theres a menu on the bottom if you dont want to play through the game witch is poorly programmed anyway.

moving on from that, theres signifigant evidence to alot of consperacy related around the war, even to the point of 9/11 being staged, maybe it was, maybe it wasnt, but theres too much evidence to ignore, the government is screwing us, Theres no UMDs found, every damn plane that could have shot down the "terrerists" where gone at the time on "miscilanious missions" to and we didnt stay long in iraq.

--

dont get me started on the "cold war" that war is whats supposed to make sure everything thats happening right now, never happens again, but because of factionalism and national stupidity, Its already happening again.

The cold war practicaly tore our constitution to shreds in the way the government handled it, they prosecuted and executed citizens without fair trial, siezed without evidence, all someone had to do was point at you and say communist and you could be arrested, and after the fact you wouldnt be released with an apology from the government either. oh yeah and all of this is happening now too. because of bush, and his admins

lets not forget the draft, and the government forcing people to go fight two wars so that some european countries can keep 3rd world contries under their thumbs as vassles, this was to "help" stop communism,

the single good thing that came from the 60s was space exploration, everything else was a giant witch hunt.

"To be honest, I believe that if you look, that you will find that nearly all gay men, that were not victims of abuse, came from an unhealthy parenting situation themselves."

I admit, the article was kind of crappy, but how about this? Homosexuality is not genetic, and no one is born gay.

Except that that argument completely falls to shreds in light of current research that is showing, increasingly so, that homosexuality IS genetic. Hell, a guy wrote an entire book on physical characteristics common among homosexuals, which is an area I never even considered.

Biologically, homosexuality doesn't make sense though. It doesn't matter how humans were created, we just know they were created with matching sexual organs. This means that the only way for the human race to continue is through heterosexual relationships. Therefore, because of the "build" of humans, gays don't have a biological place in the world.

Homosexuality is not genetic, and no one is born gay.

No.
Debating whether or not sexual preference is genetic is ridiculous. This would mean that your parents had a 'gay' or 'straight' gene that passed on to you. Fuck that. Did you choose to be straight? No. Did homosexuals choose to be gay? No. The way your mind works is a completely individualistic combination of your experiences throughout life. Whether or not you let the opinions of others dicate that is up to you. You're either letting that happen, or you just haven't had experiences in your life to form an accurate opinion and you don't understand. Accept it.

Biologically, homosexuality doesn't make sense though. It doesn't matter how humans were created, we just know they were created with matching sexual organs. This means that the only way for the human race to continue is through heterosexual relationships. Therefore, because of the "build" of humans, gays don't have a biological place in the world.

Well, since you wanna get scientific,

Explain homosexual actions taken by animals other than humans, please.

Gays have a biological place in the world just as everything else does. Whether or not they have a logical place for you is what you're arguing. Plenty of organisms breed without sexual intercourse. Do they have "a biological place in the world"?

Explain homosexual actions taken by animals other than humans, please.

They're animals and can't reason.

Gays have a biological place in the world just as everything else does. Whether or not they have a logical place for you is what you're arguing. Plenty of organisms breed without sexual intercourse. Do they have "a biological place in the world"?

I never said you had to be able to sexually reproduce to have a biological place in this world. You just have to be able to reproduce. Gays can't reproduce, and it's like suicide to the human race.

They're animals and can't reason.

I never said you had to be able to sexually reproduce to have a biological place in this world. You just have to be able to reproduce. Gays can't reproduce, and it's like suicide to the human race.

Nonsense. What about all those other people reproducing? The only thing that ends is someone's passing of specfic genetic material.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom