• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your weird experiences in restaurants?

The cashier kept screwing up my order when I was at a McDonalds- I kept having to tell her that it was "to go". I couldn't figure out why she couldn't comprehend that

I was eating at KFC then this dude came in and punched this baby in the face then ran out.

I hope someone got him.

My weirdest experience in a restaurant was when the waiter could not stop hitting me with whatever was in her hand as she went past. Menus, plates, cups etc. One of the most clumsiest people I've ever met, and that was just for 45 minutes. Everytime she would pass my friends would make a warning system, where there beebs would get more rapid as she got closer xD

I was eating at a Chili's one time and my water glass had some woman's lipstick still on it.

When Prime and I were eating at Chi Chi's we sat next to a group of teenaged girls. The entire night we had to hear various stories of them getting falling down drunk, passing out and puking. It wasn't a pleasant dining experience, I'll tell you.

I was eating Chinese, and I found a freaking hair in my food. o_O

I was eating at a Chili's one time and my water glass had some woman's lipstick still on it.

I got a fork with some food residue still on it when I went to White Spot- I had a hamburger and fries so I didn't use it

For me, there were probably a lot of weird things going on at a restaurant where we were sitting at but most of it was probably just from my mother. One night, that same night after graduation from a Charter School (Thursday and inbetween the time we were boarding a plane (Friday) and flying and taking the flight to go to Florida, we were sitting at the table near where the traffic lights are where I could see them out the window and watch the traffic flow on the side I was sitting on when their light was green. It was the night of Thursday, June 15, 2006, 9 days after 6/6/06, or 6/6/2006, six-six-o-six, or aka in German sechs-sechs-sechs which is six-six-six (btw, sechs-sechs-sechs will sound like sex-sex-sex when you pronounce it so try hard not to laugh when you say it if you hardly know any of the German language like I've been picking up on) and my mom had already planned the trip to go to Miami, Florida and Disney World, which brought me the closest EVER to Captain_Chris and where he lives since he's in Florida but of Hialeah. It was this one faithful night approximately over 2 years and 227 days ago up to this date but slightly even less than that. Well anyway in a couple more hours it will. I was at the restaurant eating my spaghetti. I can't recall now if back then I got too full or whatnot but I don't remember what my mom or sister ordered. It was about after 10 PM at night and then when we were about to leave the restuarant, my mother immediately grabbed a Sweet Candy or like a mint that's good for the teeth. No one hardly said a word but then I went and got one myself too. They were free so it was cool and fine.

Edit: IIRC, 6/6/06 or as I usually write out the dates instead of just labeling them like that, Tuesday, June 6, 2006 was the day most people were talking about anyway before it came on this Earth as it was traveling around the sun day and night to complete its years and went. It was 9 days earlier than at the time we were in a restaurant and then getting on a flight to Florida. That was also when I had to miss out on the Pool Party and didn't get to enjoy it with the rest of my friends like I did the year before it. And that was also the day that my mom was driving up near a Game Stop store and utters something to a person driving in a very colorful vehicle where people hardly obey any Stop Signs and just run them. I had fun at school on those days since both days I'm bringing up in here were in fact school days, hence neither of the 2 calendar dates being either Saturday or Sunday. However that next day Florida was fun and we had plenty of outside restaurants while we were out at the Disney Parks so this still pertains to the subject about Restaurants. It's not out of the Ball Park yet.

Last edited:
I don't think I really have any, but my mother went to the Macquarie Center in Sydney and ordered a prawn laksa from a Thai joint, and found a brillo pad in the meal. She goes back, and what do they say?
"Oh, we'll get you another one then"
Needless to say, she buggered off soon afterwards and declined their appreciation.

We were in this hole-in-the-wall crepe place, which was of course, run by a little Vietnamese woman. So were sittin there, me and my mom, enjoying the artficial French-ness of the place, when some hobo walks in. We were the only ones in the restasurant, and its was really small, about 6 tables.

So this Hobo walks up to where the shop lady has the cashier and this display thing of cookies/pastries. Well, he says "I'll have one of those," pointing to a cookie
Vietnamese lady says "No, get out"
He got mad.

So he grabs the display cabinet, and trys to run out of the store with it. The Vietnamese lady is screaming now, "You get out! I call police!"

He probably wouldnt have listened without my Mom yelling, "Sir!"

So yeah, hobo left and we got good crepes. It was pretty amusing though. Kinda exciting, the guy seemed kinda drunk.

Just a foreword, I highly recommend this restaurant I'm going to discuss as it serves excellent sushi and hot food items in a casual-classy atmosphere. Don't let the story discourage you, I'm sure it was an isolated event.

In Northern Virgina (and in many other locales) there's this great Japanese Sushi buffet called Todai. They have a wonderful selection of sushi both cooked and raw, plenty of salads, soups, meats and deserts all offered a la carte. So how could I ever have a problem with this place?

Well one day we were perched up into a corner and enjoying our dishes. It hadn't occurred to me there was some type of medium sized black bug crawling up the wall, but my sister caught sight of it before I did. It certainly resembled a cockroach, but not quite.

After noticing I attempted to go at it with Chopsticks? I fumbled at that, since well, I kinda wanted to eat with my chopsticks. I wasn't about to throw sushi, so I started to retreat from my position while my sister happened to have a large napkin handy and went for the kill.

In the moment of panic, the waiter happened to come by and noticed our antics. All worried she ran off to tell the manager. I told her it was nothing really, but she was off before I could really say anything. We waited a bit and the manager shows up with this real serious look like he had just woken up from a cold sweat. He started a small rant about how he was going to bring the insect control in immediately and that he wanted to reassure us that nothing like this would ever happen again. In his frantic speech I wanted to tell him I wasn't offend by the bug, but well he insisted. Well of course, anything to cover your rep. In the end he apologized dozens of times and we ended up getting a free meal out of it.

Fun stuff.

I don't think I really have any, but my mother went to the Macquarie Center in Sydney and ordered a prawn laksa from a Thai joint, and found a brillo pad in the meal. She goes back, and what do they say?
"Oh, we'll get you another one then"
Needless to say, she buggered off soon afterwards and declined their appreciation.

What? What do you mean your mom buggered off soon afterwards and then declined their appreciation? Elaborate on that please.

We were in this hole-in-the-wall crepe place, which was of course, run by a little Vietnamese woman. So were sittin there, me and my mom, enjoying the artficial French-ness of the place, when some hobo walks in. We were the only ones in the restasurant, and its was really small, about 6 tables.

So this Hobo walks up to where the shop lady has the cashier and this display thing of cookies/pastries. Well, he says "I'll have one of those," pointing to a cookie
Vietnamese lady says "No, get out"
He got mad.

So he grabs the display cabinet, and trys to run out of the store with it. The Vietnamese lady is screaming now, "You get out! I call police!"

He probably wouldnt have listened without my Mom yelling, "Sir!"

So yeah, hobo left and we got good crepes. It was pretty amusing though. Kinda exciting, the guy seemed kinda drunk.

Lol. That guy seemed like he was in the wrong. He shouldn't have been out in public stoned like he was. He could've actually disturbed the peace with his drunk self unless if he had only been drinking at the restaurant. Too bad in order to avoid all the trouble or consequences, he had to ask for a ride back home rather than driving back himself if he was just plain drunk or acting like it was drunk. If he was actually drunk in public, that would've been against the law and he would've got thrown in jail if he got caught being drunk out in the public.

Just a foreword, I highly recommend this restaurant I'm going to discuss as it serves excellent sushi and hot food items in a casual-classy atmosphere. Don't let the story discourage you, I'm sure it was an isolated event.

In Northern Virgina (and in many other locales) there's this great Japanese Sushi buffet called Todai. They have a wonderful selection of sushi both cooked and raw, plenty of salads, soups, meats and deserts all offered a la carte. So how could I ever have a problem with this place?

Well one day we were perched up into a corner and enjoying our dishes. It hadn't occurred to me there was some type of medium sized black bug crawling up the wall, but my sister caught sight of it before I did. It certainly resembled a cockroach, but not quite.

After noticing I attempted to go at it with Chopsticks? I fumbled at that, since well, I kinda wanted to eat with my chopsticks. I wasn't about to throw sushi, so I started to retreat from my position while my sister happened to have a large napkin handy and went for the kill.

In the moment of panic, the waiter happened to come by and noticed our antics. All worried she ran off to tell the manager. I told her it was nothing really, but she was off before I could really say anything. We waited a bit and the manager shows up with this real serious look like he had just woken up from a cold sweat. He started a small rant about how he was going to bring the insect control in immediately and that he wanted to reassure us that nothing like this would ever happen again. In his frantic speech I wanted to tell him I wasn't offend by the bug, but well he insisted. Well of course, anything to cover your rep. In the end he apologized dozens of times and we ended up getting a free meal out of it.

Fun stuff.

That Sushi stuff should've been pleasing if you like Sushi so much. What did that Todai stuff taste like? I may not know what that looks like but I just read your post and sifted through it as I just recently quoted and came to this idea and impression to type up a response to it. I enjoy restaurants where we could get up and pick our own food, but then we still have to pay for it. They don't just come for free. And I used to love salad so much until the time I don't know what they put in the Ranch now-in-days to make it taste bad and not as good as it used to before. For Chinese or Japanese food, if chopsticks are an issue for you to use, don't worry about it so much though, because I hardly ever eat anything that's Chinese, Japanese, or even if it was some sort of Vietnamese, or Korean food, I hardly ever use the chopsticks they provide me. Probably it's because I wasn't taught how to use them properly and I'm better at eating with a fork rather than trying to pick up a pair of chopsticks for both the hands because one hand is usually sticky when selecting the food or when it sticks to the table. Yeah, it looks like you had a ton of weird experiences at the restaurants you went to. I hardly remember the last time a weird thing happened at the restaurants I've been to in my life and there's many more to come forth and ahead to occur.

Me and Rachel were eating at the Red Lobster and I walk up to the buffet bar and there was no lobster and I asked one of the waiters I asked, "Where is the lobster?", and he replied, "Oh. Sorry, we don't have lobster here."

I was at the golden Buffet, at the buffet getting my food a guy next to me was getting food also. And this hot walks by and he makes a comment of how she should be on the menu, I replied with, "That's... nice?". It was awkward.

Last edited:
i was at the Golden buffet, at the buffet getting food i guy next to me was getting food also and this women walks buy and she was hot and they guy said "She should be on the menu..." O.O so i said "thats... nice?" xD it was aquad

Eww. Retorical Question (Doesn't need a response to it so don't think too hard on it): What were those people pondering trying to have a human on the menu? She might've looked hot but you can't actually have or wish a person to be on the menu. That's just not right and where or how do people get brought to the impression of having said person on the menu or believe they should? Lol, I'm laughing because that man may have been some sort of pervert gawking at a pretty woman in the way that he did. Also, what the hell is an aquad? That made no literal sense.

I got a chinese once a "takeaway" a few years back and when I poured it out, it had little blue lumps in it, which looked very like rat poison (I've seen it before many times). Soon after the restruant was closed due to a vermin infestation. Glad I never ate any of the curry. The restruant burned down too

When I was like 11 my family went to a pizza place and this old guy wanted a table but we had taken the last one. So he sat with us. He drank a lot of wine and was telling us about how wonderful it was to go places and meet new people. We had a hearty conversation and he gave us his phone number saying we should hang out sometime. We never saw or heard from him again.

Probably the strangest restaurant experience I've ever had was that one time when my parents and sister and I were at the Cheesecake Factory. We ordered our entrees, but they didn't show up for a while. Then the manager came and apologized to us for the delay (it was due to some kind of computer malfunction or something), he brought us our food himself, and when my mom and sister and I came back to our table from the restroom, we found out that they gave us our dinner for free.

A $56 tab and we didn't have to pay anything. Huh! ^_^

Back
Top Bottom