• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "What the....?" moments!

Berrenta

Let's dance
Reaction score
Since we have threads for moments good ("yes"), bad ("ffuuuuuu"), and embarassing mistakes, I thought I would start one for those crazy and weird moments, as I'm not finding any threads on it. Got any *facepalm* or wtf moments to share?

To start this off, I just bred a Riolu for in case Black 2 won't let me have one. Both of its Lucario parents were given the power items to pass down their strongest stats (father's Special Attack and mother's Special Defense). When the egg hatches, the resulting child had a Naughty nature, which was fine, and just to find out, even with the Power Lens on the father, he never inherited the father's perfect 31 IV in SA. When I checked with the stat judge, it turns out the child does have a perfect 31 IV stat... in Defense. Neither of the parents had that stat, but I'm not complaining here, especially when he's relatively superior as well. But it's just... odd. :confused:

Another WTF: When I started Black, Cheren's Snivy was one hit away from defeating my Oshawott. He throws the battle by spamming Leer until his Snivy fainted, and I emerged victorious. Seriously, Cheren?

Okay, done for now. If you all have something to share, have at it.

Seeing the ghost butler and the little girl at the Old Chateau for the first time. I was definitely not expecting that.

yesterday, while trying to catch the shiny Haxorus, a critical capture Quick ball missed on the first turn. Seriously?

often times when I'm in a battle facility, I'll end up facepalming to myself any time I accidentally use an ineffective move that costs me the battle, I've had that quite a few times.

my WTF moments tend to happen when I'm trying to catch a legendary Pokemon, and since my current pokeballs used (dusk balls in platinum when trying to catch Palkia) don't work, I look at my other ones and go "*eff* it" and throw something else(Quick Ball)... and catch it right away.

this ensues:
32440936.jpg

I nearly caught all the three musketeers with Premier Balls as a result, though I caught Terrakion with something else... which I forget what it is...

Attachments

• 1279052383758.jpg
    1279052383758.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 438
When I was 6/7 playing leaf green, I thought Pokemon could permanently die due to poisoning, so I was really scared to face Koga. Long story short, I ended up with a Lv. 73 Jolteon and a Lv. 66 Charizard for the 5th gym.

Typhlosion uses eruption on Venasaur. It hits but does nothing literally nothing I used it last round to take away half his health and that hit would of finished him but the game fudged up somehow, I went on to lose the battle I was robbed !!!

The rival battle thing happens in all the games i think, my rival was beating my Cyndauil quite easily then he used leer 10 times so i could win. I dont think its possible to lose that first match i could be wrong though

Okay, finally got a Riolu from Floccesy Ranch. However, it was initially a Yes! moment until I find that she's Calm natured. I swear, all the male Riolu I had ever were Naughty, and all the female Riolu I had were Calm!

I have one. Back on Platinum, I was trying to catch a Sableye in Iron Island. For those who don't know, you had to have a game in the slot to find it (Sapphire, I think). I had Emerald in there, which was the wrong game, and ended up finding my first ever shiny. It was pretty cool. Another, more recent one, was when I was fighting Iris's Hydreigon, and much to my surprise it had a Life Orb.

My turn! Of all of my Pokemon experiences, the one that made my head spin the most was the final boss of Pokemon Rumble Blast. First time I fought it, I was thoroughly shocked (not to mention, scared) by the idea of fighting something that is not a Pokemon. I'm pretty used to seeing only Pokemon appear in the franchise, so battling something that isn't one made me completely surprised.

Okay, finally got a Riolu from Floccesy Ranch. However, it was initially a Yes! moment until I find that she's Calm natured. I swear, all the male Riolu I had ever were Naughty, and all the female Riolu I had were Calm!
You have a dirty game

I was catching fodder so I could trade my friend's Pokemon that I was holding for her over to her game, and I look in my box after a while, and I swear I see a Lillipup that's a different color. So, I look at its summary, turns out it was a shiny. It's more of a "what the?" moment because I never noticed I'd even encountered a shiny Lillipup until I looked in the box.

I kept it. xD

Also, 200th post, yay!

On my Plasma finale battle agaisnt Akuroma, I had my Lopunny use Jump Kick on his Magneton. Since our levels were similar, the Jump Kick would've KO'd the steel magnets in normal circumstances. However, it survives in the yellow!

You have no idea how much I was surprised when I learned that Magneton was holding an Eviolite. AN EVIOLITE.

I spent 3 hours trying to beat Cynthia in Platinum, and when she was down to just her Garchomp in red health with no Full Restores left, it got FOUR critical hits in a row on my remaining four Pokemon! Needless to say, I put that game away for eight months.

My first critical capture, which happened during the post game while wandering around for N's Pokemon. It was in Chargestone Cave with a Dusk Ball, and I think it was his Ferroseed or Joltik.

That weird sound when throwing the ball made me go "HUH WOAH THAT JUST ..WHAT" for like 10 minutes.

On my Plasma finale battle agaisnt Akuroma, I had my Lopunny use Jump Kick on his Magneton. Since our levels were similar, the Jump Kick would've KO'd the steel magnets in normal circumstances. However, it survives in the yellow!

You have no idea how much I was surprised when I learned that Magneton was holding an Eviolite. AN EVIOLITE.

Colress' team isn't overpowered, but apparently he has even better AI than Veterans and Cooltrainers. Maybe Challenge-Mode AI when playing at Normal-mode. He has surprised me a couple of times.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom