• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your wishlist for the rest of the Sun & Moon series

JFrombaugh

Reaction score
We're just over 30 episodes in, coming up on the Grand Trial with Olivia. So given that we're probably not even 1/3 of the way through the series as a whole unless they REALLY rush Gen VIII, what would you like to see in the future for the remaining episodes still to come?

For me:

-Now that Litten is part of Ash’s team, I’m really, really, REALLY hoping that they don’t go down the same route they did with his Infernape & Torterra in Diamond & Pearl, where Torracat/Incineroar becomes the powerhouse of his team due to personality chemistry while Dartrix/Decidueye just gets increasingly marginalized to the point where he basically exists only to show how much stronger the rest of Ash's team is.

-I would really like to see Shiron/Snowy evolve into an Alolan Ninetales at some point, possibly in the Ula’ula Island arc. It could become like a noble shepherd for Lillie, standing up for her and maybe even actively encouraging her to overcome her fear of touching Pokemon, as well as proving to be a valuable battler when she & Gladion (presumably) face Lusamine. Judging by all the Pokemon jokes he makes, Professor Samson Oak probably already knows that a Kanto Vulpix evolves with a Fire Stone, so I could see there being an episode where the class finds an Ice Stone on Mt. Lanakila and both of them evolve their Vulpix together.

-Once we get to Poni Island, I’d like to see Lana have some role with Tapu Fini. Given her love of the ocean as well as her natural empathy for Water-types I could definitely see her being the one (possibly alongside Ash and/or Hapu) to brave its fog and try to convince it that not all humans are inherently evil. I’m actually kind of surprised Lana hasn't already mentioned Tapu Fini in one of her incredibly-obvious-lies.

-And finally, a part of me really hopes that Serena will come to Alola for a few episodes for whatever reason (especially given how many “filler episodes” between trials there have been so far in this series), but sadly, I just don’t see it happening.

Last edited:
1. Gladion should have the same role as Gary in OS
2. More episodes focused on Mallow.
3. Ash should have Lycanrock.
4. Some ,,blasts from the past"- Ash's memories or episode with old companions.
5. MORE TRIO- now, when they're The best since about 2003, TRio definetely needs more screentime.

I don't know...USUM will probably make them changes course midstream, so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to ask for much. (Heck, they don't even want to do what many fans want them to already)

I just hope it doesn't mess things up like how B2W2 did to BW or how the rest of Generation 3 did to AG...:cautious:

Last edited:
+More individualized screentime for all the students (especially for Mallow).

+More Team Rocket appearances (or at least development to make up for it).

+ Rowlet evolving so it can be more than a slapstick owl.

+ Bewear getting caught.

+ Lillie getting a proper backstory.

+ Rockruff evolving.

+ An actual threatening stance from Team Skull at some point.

+ Kiawe getting at least one more Pokemon.

I would like to see:

- The Aether Foundation to be introduced relatively soon after this posting.

- For the story to go in depth as to what happened to Lusamine, as well as Mohn, and make it clear that she is under the influence of Nihilego's neurotoxins but to also show the effect her condition, as well as Mohn's disappearance, has on Lillie.

- The group go to the Aether Paradise and have Lillie get Cosmog, having to hide it from Professor Kukui and the others in order to protect them.

- Introduce a good Nihilego, possibly one that accidentally stung Lillie and caused her to get her phobia of touching Pokémon. This Nihilego would befriend Lillie and try to help her save Lusamine, hoping to atone for what it did to her. I'd also possibly have this Nihilego join Lillie's team, which could initially bring her into conflict with the Tapus once the Ultra Beast saga gets underway.

- Have Cosmog eventually evolve into Lunala.

-Have Snowy evolve into an Alolan Ninetales.

- To see Lillie's mysterious behavior trouble Ash and friends, particularly Mallow since she and Lillie already seem to be close.

- To have Lillie eventually confront her mother with Gladion and for her and Lusamine to have a battle for her sanity and freedom, with Lusamine being controlled by Nihilego/under the strong influence of Nihilego's neurotoxins with Lillie eventually winning without the interference of Ash and the others, her three Pokémon being Snowy (evolved into Alolan Ninetales), Lunala, and the friendly Nihilego. Ash and the others can keep the other antagonistic Nihilegos and Ultra Beasts from interfering.

- For Kukui to meet Professor Burnett/already be dating her and eventually marry her at the end of the series.

- Like in the games, for Lillie to go to Kanto to become a Pokémon Trainer and to help find a cure for Lusamine's condition.

A. Return of Serena & Ash-Greninja
B. A Mimikyu that ISN'T The Evil Fiend who wants the Genocide of all Pikachu, and one that DOESN'T belong to Jessie!!
C. Return to the Artstyle of XYZ
D. Ash to FINALLY WIN AN LEAGUE IN AN OFFICIAL NON-ANIME-EXLCUSIVE REGION AFTER 20+ YEARS!!!

• More individual episodes for the classmates. I actually think they've done a good job with this so far, but I don't want to see it trail off. I want to learn more about these specific characters and for each of them to receive more development.
  • Aether Foundation to make their debut relatively soon and for all the big names to eventually be involved (Lusamine, Wicke, etc.) I also want to see more out of Team Skull, especially the appearances of Guzma and Plumeria.
  • Professor Kukui as the Masked Royal.
  • PROFESSOR BURNET
  • Lillie overcoming her fear completely (in due time) and catching one or two more Pokémon
  • More appearances from the classmates' family members (I want Mallow's brother darn it!)
  • Appearances from old companions and Ash's Pokémon (highly unlikely, but hey, it's my wish list!)

- More battles/action

- A multi-episode storyline about the Ultra-Beasts. Though with our dumb luck, they'll be used up (or wasted) in a movie and play 2nd fiddle to a nigh-useless Mythical. Though as I said, USUM will likely thwart that anyway... :cry:

- A story arc about the Battle Tree featuring old characters, but that's HIGHLY unlikely :(

- Acerola, Mina and IIilma. Even if they're demoted to regular kids like the other Trial captains, it would still be nice/fair for them to appear.

Last edited:
Would be nice to have Brock appear as the local doctor, wouldn't that be a nice surprise
You read my mind.

• The reason why Lillie is scared of Pokemon, and her overcoming her fears
  • More Gladion
  • More Team Skull, specifically a Guzma and Plumeria introduction.
  • Professor Burnet introduction!
  • Ash's Rockrufff evolve to a Midday Lycanroc. It'd be perfect for a rivalry with Gladion.
  • This is a minor one, but having someone in the main crew get a shiny. From what i remember, no one in the main crew has gotten one since Ash caught Noctowl. It would be cool to see one of them find that rare encounte. After all the anime has a lot of filler episodes, what's the harm having one more where they hear about a miscolored Pokemon, and try to go find it.
  • More episodes focusing on Ash's classmates. They all have their different personalities and I love seeing them.
  • Ash catch a Wimpod. I think it would be perfect for him. Ash finding the tiny little bug Pokemon with no confidence in itself. Ash could take the time and teach him how to be more confident, and thus, get stronger, and then just seeing it evolve into this awesome Golisopod. Ash has only had 4 (apparently Ash had caught a Beedrill at one point, I didn't know that) bug types, two of them that stayed with him, over the years. It would be awesome for him to get a beastly bug like Golisopod.

Hm....

Ash needs to just catch a Salazzle. I think it would fit kinda good in Ash’s team

-If there's not a league, tell us in advance. If there is a league, tell us in advance AND make Ash train and prepare hard for it.
-Kukui having more stories on his own.
-Lusamine & co having animated flashbacks about their backstory, preferably a whole episode, but I would be pleased with some seconds like Lysandre. It's more than what the games did... She should have a lot of episodes before revealing her true colors.
-The Kahunas' battles being 3vs3 battles.
-Endings having more variety.

It would be hilarious to see everyone lose their shit over it.

Anyways I want the art style to become even more cartoonish so we keep hearing everyone's hot take on why the budget has been slashed or why it means this series is a retcon or why shudo's ghost itself is haunting OLM.

Makoto and Souji appear as Satoshi's old friends from Kanto. They barely say something to him and then disappear into obscurity.
I think that would be interesting. For a while now I've had a theory that SM Ash is different from the previous Ash's, like a whole different Ash. His personality always seemed to differ a bit from Ash from the previous animes, but I really began to believe it when rewatching the first SM episode. During the sped up flashback of Mimey winnig the trip to Alola. Ash drops his Pokemon off with Professor Oak. He dropped off 5 Pokeballs with him. But at the end of the Kalos anime, Ash had released Goodra and Greninja. Yes, it could just mean that SM took place before, but honestly I think the writers thought it might be easier to make SM Ash a whole different Ash. And here we have this movie where Ash is clearly different from the previous one. I think it's very likely that SM Ash is the M20 movie Ash. Or at least he is a different Ash from the anime before.

I hate to pull the "past characters returning" card for the 1000th time but... What ever happened with
OAK'S ROTOM YA GUYS I really wanna see it again and interact with Rotom Dex. XY lectures aside, it almost feels like it was solely created to replace Ash's Muk for a couple of episodes, and that's it.

All in all, I'd love to see the Professor as a semi-recurring character again. I mean, if both Delia and Giovanni can appear in newer series, I can't see why Oak has been ignored so much.

I want to see as many battles of diffrent pokemon with each other also with evolutions.

- Mallow vs Ash but 2 or 3 times, once with Steene and once with Tsareena with quenly majesty vs incineroar.
Lurantis, Phantump-Trevenant and Shinotic would also be great to see.
Could see Litten and its evos in difreent battles with her.

- Salazzle Kiawe vs Sophocles Togedamaru

- Decidueye vs Alakazam

- Primarina vs Golisopod

-Golisopod vs Crabominable

-Golisopod vs Alakazam

-Golisopod vs Incineroar

- Incineroar vs Poliwrath

Lili becoming a ice trainer(gym/trial captain) with Alolan Ninetales(with switching move), alolan Sandshrew and Crabominable

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom