• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "WOAH THAT'S SO CREEPY" moment

I still remember how uneasy I felt in Lavender Town during Crystal. For an 8-bit song, it was an excellent one for the town.

That girl in the building of Lumiose. She just glides by you and says, "No, you're not the one." You can't move, there's no music and it's really creepy when this happens at night without any freaking lights on in your bedroom. GAH!

This is kind of...meta, but it creeps me out that we may not figure out what's up with the Lumiose girl for quite a while due to the 3DS not being cracked yet. With the girl in the Strange House (and all other creepy moments before, for that matter), I at least knew what she led to and what her purpose was, negating some of the spookiness for me. But in Lumiose...I triggered that girl back in the first week of release, back when I was avoiding spoilers, so it was completely unexpected. Sometimes the scariest things are the most unknown.

My Pokémon White Version:
When I first entered N's childhood room at Team Plasma's castle...that music and the innocent presence felt.
Creeped me out a bit personally lol

N's room in BW. when i first came into his room the music really put me off... it really nailed the effects of ghetsis and the seven sages
OH and umm the alolan trainer school event. the first lines were like
"you... please help me." and iwas like WHAT
and lavender town..!! it was so unexpected unlike the other scary things in games, like the lumiose girl or the dppt mansion.. bc i found stuff online abt it already. and the ghost hand thing creeped me out too. i was 11 but i reacted the same as i did recently..... (to the alolan trainer school)

I still remember how uneasy I felt in Lavender Town during Crystal. For an 8-bit song, it was an excellent one for the town.

But the Lavender Town theme song in Crystal is so calm and simple compared to how creepy it was in Generation 1. I'm surprised it could disturb anyone.

Various dex entries have been creepy for me, like Yamask's. The ghost girl in B2W2

But the Lavender Town theme song in Crystal is so calm and simple compared to how creepy it was in Generation 1. I'm surprised it could disturb anyone.
I didn't find the Gen I version creepy, but noisy. Then again, I'm sensible to high-pitched sounds so that could be the problem. I can almost see how the "Lavender Town Syndrome" rumor started. Almost.

I guess a mild example for me would be the Cliff World that you can access in USUM via the Ultra Wormholes. Something about being on a high, barren cliff summit on a different planet in an unfamiliar universe with nothing in sight but the skyline and only silence in the air is kind of unsettling. I might also mention the Ultra Ruin, but that was probably more a sense of fascination than perturbation.

Aside from that, Pokémon games have never really managed to creep me out - my sense of effective horror is much more surreal than what Pokémon tends to offer.

Also, I'm not sure I've ever actually managed to witness the Old Chateau ghosts.

oh not in the games but did you guys also enjoy "scary" pokemon things on the internet? i liked the lost silver hack lolololol. and a video of lavender town theme reversed with a 'scary' pic of jigglypuff (this is just funny to me now)

Pxywikicity72.png

*loud throat clearing*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

No seriously, 7 year old me was seriously freaked out and almost quit playing Pokemon.

Current me is still a little bit creeped out. Who the hell is the one! Why is she looking for them! What will happen when she finds them!

Oh, and also the haunted house that serves no game purpose other than to freak people out. That was scary too.

And the message behind the vending machine. "Meet me in the usual place." Was so,ebody running from something?

Seriously, X and Y had some creepy easter eggs.

Last edited:
I was 16 years old, had only just recently gotten back into Pokemon (was in it when I was way younger but only watched the anime really), and I was making my way around Kanto in my Pokemon Crystal Emulator file. I reached Lavender Town... and I just froze. Music has always had a big effect on me, so just hearing that music for the first time sent chills through my body. I walked around in the town and then I entered the Tower. I didn't even explore it, I just left. I wasn't even experiencing the creepiest version of the place and I was just. gone.

Other notable ones would be the Ghost girl from X and Y "No, you're not the one". That was just so creepy. And the recent ghost girl in SwSh, who gives you a letter to give to her friend, who is old and gray now. Definitely a ghost right there. It doesn't help that another kid in the room where you meet the old man is talking to a wall.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom