• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Writer's Workshop 2012 Winter Award Winners! [Overall Winners Announced!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy

Reader and Writer
Reaction score
Hello Workshop Community,

The judging has been completed and the votes are in. It's time to announce the winners of the 2012 Winter Writer's Workshop Awards!

First off, I'd like to thank everyone involved with making this a very successful awards season.

Our interim Section Head, @Gastly's Mama, did an amazing job putting this all together and organizing everything. A sincere thank you to all of the judges as well, who contributed their expertise and knowledge of writing to help us put on this awards season.

And last but certainly not least, I'd like to thank the entire Workshop community, the authors and the readers, and those who took the time to nominate and vote in these awards. It's because of your great work and talent that we able to be such a great community. The number of amazing literary works that the Workshop boasts is truly awesome! Keep up the great work!

Now, without further ado, here are this season's winners, according to our judging panel's analysis:

Best Works

Best 'Journey' Fanfic: The Surprising Adventures of Glaceon in Unova - apenpaap

Best 'Dark' Fanfic: Striking Back: Memoirs of a Clone - Dai

Best 'Crossover' or 'Non-Pokemon' Fanfic:
Kingdom Hearts: Lost War - The Booty Warrior

Best 'Alternate' Fanfic:
Champion Game - Misheard Whisper

Best 'Expansion' Fanfic:
Skyridge: Ted's Story - Redemption - BlueNostalgia

Best Characters

Best Protagonist: Milo Youngblood from Pocket Monsters: The Battle Quest - Legacy

Best Antagonist: Ethan "Gold" Hartley from Kris vs Gold: A Tale of War - Acetrainer14

Best Supporting Character: Natasha from Champion Game - Misheard Whisper

Author Awards
(decided by peer voting)

Best Newcomer: Dai

Best Reviewer:
Legacy

---

And there you have them! The 2012 Winter Award Winners!

The very special prizes will be unveiled and awarded to the winners as soon as they are completed.

Also, the 'Overall Awards' for Best Work and Best Character will now be selected by the judging panel and will announced on this thread within a few days.

Again, a very heartfelt thank you to everyone who participated! It was a very difficult judging process with so many amazing works in the running. Thanks to all the authors, judges and readers for your help!

CONGRATULATIONS to all the nominees and winners!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Your Writer's Workshop 2012 Winter Award Winners!

I am very pleased to have won Best Antagonist for the second time, it is a great honour and I am glad that Gold was able to win something to satisfy his fans :p Congratulations to everyone else and thanks to the judges and those that nominated

Well, this is an outcome I didn't see coming. I am definitely surprised, as I hardly expected to stand a chance against someone like Lugion.

Congrats to all the nominees and winners from my end! We've all done a great job, and I have high hopes for next season as well! ^^

:ksmile: Thanks immensely for the award, I'm very glad to have won. (You got the story's name wrong, though; it's The Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova)

:ksmile: Thanks immensely for the award, I'm very glad to have won. (You got the story's name wrong, though; it's The Surprising Adventures of a Glaceon in Unova)

Doh! Sorry apenpaap! Congratulations tho!

Good job everybody. I hope to one day win an award but I will work hard to get better!

-slowly claps- This was a very interesting turn of events, and I can't wait for the unveiling of the final two awards. I just want to say that I hope everyone in the writer's workshop, winner or not, is feeling the same way I am:

Untitled1.png

Keep writing and aim for the top, that way we can fill this place with amazing tales!

Congratulation to all of the winners and to all of the nominees who didn't win just keep writing and you will be winning these in no time

Well, this is an outcome I didn't see coming. I am definitely surprised, as I hardly expected to stand a chance against someone like Lugion.

Congrats to all the nominees and winners from my end! We've all done a great job, and I have high hopes for next season as well! ^^

Haha! I'm flattered you think of me like that. Honestly, I was surprised I got nominated this go-round.

Congratulations to you and to everyone else!

I'm just glad you finally did the right thing and made a judging panel instead of voting. This way the fics that deserve to win will, and not just the popular ones. :thumbup:

I want to say congratulations to every winner, nominee and writer. You guys have all done a great job. I'm proud to have been part of the awards.

You didn't lose. No one lost. All the works and authors who were nominated are extraordinary and deserve the recognition they are getting. Fantastic work everyone!

Congrats to all the winners!

Two awards? Wow! And Best Alternate Work, no less . . . I'm quite overcome. Congratulations to everybody else who won something, and well done to everyone who didn't quite make it (especially my self-proclaimed 'rival'. Good game, bro.).

i should hurry up and make the banners. still ok with me doing that?

The winners of the Overall Awards are in!

The winner of Best Character in the Writer's Workshop Winter Awards 2012 is...

Milo Youngblood from Pocket Monsters by @Legacy !

The winner of Best Story in the Writer's Workshop Winter Awards 2012 is...

Champion Game by @Misheard Whisper !

The Overall Awards come with an additional banner and badge each.

Banners and badges for all of the awards will be available soon.

Congratulations to the overall winners and, indeed, all of the winners!

W-wait, are you kidding me?! :D Holy crap, that's amazing! Thank you guys so much! Now I need to get off my ass and write a new chapter. But seriously, given the tough competition I was up against, I'm really surprised and extraordinarily pleased. Thanks again!

Congrats to the winners! Well deserved Legacy and Whisper!

I hope I can win a badge next time!

Congratulations to the overall winners!

I am not sure if this is allowed or not, but are we able to request the comments made by the judges about our work? I am just interested to see what they wrote, but I understand if it is not allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom