I finally caught a Cubone today that made me advance in the Meltan quest. There are now field research quests available from Poke stops that aid players still looking for Cubone, Anorith, Omanyte, Kabuto and Aerodactyl.
Couple of more "Yes!" moments as of today;
- I've finally completed the Meltan quest. The new field research quests gave the final push.
- My first research breakthrough yesterday fetched a most welcome surprise; a 96% Lugia! It's my second one and certainly one to power up one day.
- I did a solo Machamp raid today and guess what, the mon was not only weatherboosted but also 98%! My finest Machamp, after catching many Machop and doing several Machamp raids I finally catch a good one. I instantly invested all my stardust into it to pump it up to level 40.
- Last but not least, after lots of raids to earn the rare candy for it, I powered up my finest Pokemon, a 100% lucky Mewtwo, to level 40! My next project is to get my 98% Zapdos to level 40.
Well, holding onto the research task for Omanyte was worth it. I finally found the one that yielded Cubone, completed it with the Razz Berries I was hoarding, and moved to the eighth tier of the Meltan quest! What’s more, I also found the Aerodactyl task around the same time! I already caught the Omanyte, and am idling the Aerodactyl task for tomorrow. Plus, my dad caught me a Lileep on his phone, so that’s 3/5 fossil Pokémon taken care of!
The fossil fortune continues: my dad notified me there was an Anorith at the stop right by our house, and after catching the cute little shrimp, I found out the new task I spun for was the one that yields Kabuto. Now I’m really all set for Meltan (after catching 10 Ice types)!
Well, there has been a couple of "YES!" moments for me;
- Caught a shiny Swablu and a shiny Snorunt. Totally unexpected, as I get no shinies outside of community days.
- Caught a 100% Stantler and a 0% Delibird. Not useful, but cool nonetheless.
- Hatched a 98% Dratini (15 / 14 / 15). It's a Dragonite now with Dragon Tail and Hurricane.
- Did many Groudon and Kyogre raids; the two best Groudons are of 15 / 13 / 14 (93%) and my best Kyogre is 14 / 13 / 13 (88,9%). Of course that was until my two latest level 5 raids. which left me a bit speechless.