• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Your "Yes!" moments.

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
This thread is to post your moments in Pokemon GO that made you happy enough to make you say "Yes!"

when i found scyther and wartortle 30 mins apart.
when i found gloom and weepinbell at the same spot.
thats probably it.

big one tonite as i finally saw a snorlax on my sightings, tracked him down, and after one razz berry and ultra ball caught him.

kinda long story but stopped to hit a pokestop and one of my eggs hatched. now have 45 candy on the pokemon and think one day i will get its 3rd form. 10 mins down the road stopped at a red light before my favorite wawa, i check my sightings list and its final evo is on there. figured it would be at wawa so i circled the parking lot and nothing. next door is two buildings for car detailing and between the buildings i caught a pinsir before so i checked there. well he was there and 3 ultra balls and razz berrys later i caught a venasaur. not a bad one either as it was over 1200. almost had a heart attack when i caught it cause i read somewhere the chance of catching venasaur, blastoise, charizard, and dragonite is like 4%

Last edited by a moderator:
I hatched my first 10k egg a few days ago and it was a Lapras! I powered it up with candies, and now it's by far my strongest Pokemon. It has over 1200cp and the rest of my Pokemon are under 1000cp.

Just started playing Pokemon Go (wasn't interested before due to my dislike of Kanto glorification, but boredom and a desire to make the most out of my phone got the better of me). Caught just minor things (Ratatta and Zubat, mostly), along with Bulbasaur, but then comes the interesting thing. Today, while at Lowes with my mom (buying instant cement to fix up my mailbox), I encountered an Eevee in the flower section, much to my surprise. Now, as I'm still mastering the "art" of throwing the Poke Ball, I had a bad feeling that I would completely screw up on such a rare Mon. After two failed swipes (like I said, I'm still perfecting that), I managed to hit the mark on the third try. Followed up by the most tense few seconds in any Pokemon Trainer's career and, to my surprise, caught the little fox. I thought for sure that it would break out and run, but I actually caught it. Needless to say, my mom was happy (she adores Eevee), and so was I, obviously. And the little fox has the most CP out of all my Pokemon to date (45, yeah, I know that's not very powerful, but considering I just started playing the game, not too shabby, especially considering how rare Eevee is, and my screw-up rate being so high). I'm only at Lv 2, too (my area is near devoid of anything, so I haven't gotten very far). So, yeah, that's my YES moment.

Like Zkat mentioned, when I hatched my Lapras was my first moment I actually said "Yes!" and shook my fist in victory. I hatched it at lvl 29 just a few days ago. It isn't the most powerful Lapras I've ever seen at about 1700cp (I see a lot of them on top of gyms at over 2300cp), but it's mine, now, so I'm happy with it.

Caught a 438 CP Growlithe on the first attempt with no Razz Berry or good throw.
Caught a Mankey after failing to do so twice.

^ The other day I found a Mankey for the first time. I tried to catch it and it ran away after a razz berry and one ultra ball, so I was kind of upset about that. But later, when I was scrolling through my Pokemon, the Mankey was there!

That same glitch also happened to me with a Pinsir before, where the game showed the Pokemon running away but somehow I still caught it.

Hatched a Goldeen during the Halloween Event and ended up with a Seaking I wasn't expecting anytime soon :)

When I found a Nidoran (female), Nidorino, Clefairy and Hitmonchan in less than five minutes in between! (And I've never seen them!)
Now need a Nidoran male...

Also, in the beginning of the game, I MISCLICKED MY STARTER POKEMON. I chose Bulbasaur instead of Charmander. Also, my first ever Charmander ran away after razz Berry, good throw and great ball.
And these days I encounter so many Charmander that I need just one more candy for Charmeleon XD

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom