• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Your "Yes!" moments.

When my first weather-boosted Giratina got caught.
When I got another Giratina caught with Silver Pinap, bringing me up to 36 Candies (meaning I can get at least one to level 30 without spending Rare)
Getting a Lucky Drifloon and appraising it to figure out it was 100%
Getting a 100% Misdreavus from Research. The moment I saw the 763 I couldn't believe it.
And finally my 3rd Shiny Houndour, although that was kinda bittersweet because I'd wish it was some other species being Shiny instead.

Did a trade with a co-worker yesterday, my Poliwrath for his Rayquaza.

2eUMFFA.jpg

It turned out nicely. :cool: My very first one!

My grandma's nursing home has a Gym, and after visiting her I decided to give it a try (as I'd been too nervous to take on any gyms, fearing other people were stronger than me), and I ended up wiping EVERYONE out with Haunter, Chansey and Tangela. I left my Sneasel there (as it's got the highest CP), so now I have an incentive to stop by and check on my grandma, then feed my Sneasel to heal it up in case anyone else tried to defeat it. And if that happens, I've got an Alolan Exeggutor that's even stronger than Sneasel.

In short: I defeated my first gym!

I finally defeated a Raid Three Boss Pokemon and it was an Alolan Raichu to boot. I don't participate in any group activities for Pokemon Go, so that does limit what kind of Pokemon I can fight against. Because of my newly evolved Rhyperior and some other strong Pokemon, I was able to defeat the Alolan Raichu. I almost couldn't catch it because it kept moving around and jumping so much, but I did and it was pretty awesome.

I was selecting Pokémon to transfer that I already have copies of, excluding evolved or the kind with the highest CP (mainly to make room)...and then as I came across a bunch of Larvitar, I get the message "You cannot transfer shiny Pokémon" or however it said.

Wait, shiny? SHINY?!

I had a shiny Pokémon all this time and I didn't notice?!

I'll just focus on two major ones because of all the build up leading to them.

When I got Shiny Pikachu during December CD's 3 hour window, and when I got Shiny Ho oh today.

These two Shinies I have struggled with a lot in the past. January CD I actually encountered only one Shiny Pikachu of very high lvl and Golden Razz Ultra Ball Great Curveball throw was not enough to guarantee the catch, then it fled :( Couple that with all the regular rate Pikachu events afterwards, hat or not, where I'd keep not getting any, and I was pretty annoyed over this and really wanted to get at least one for the special trade's register so I could get more traded in if I feel like it. Thankfully it did happen, and that moment felt great :D

Ho-oh was another one because I actually tried hard to get that one Shiny, it's been a somewhat different time back then in June, there was not as much of a trend of returning legendaries let alone with Shiny forms. So I felt like that after getting Lugia, missing out on Ho-oh would be a bit too bad, plus we had Sunny all the time and I did feel like spending Premium Raid Passes on all the weather-boosted ones... End of the line, I did A LOT of Raids (not Rayquaza-level lot but still) but no Shiny. And then when it returned for a weekend I was too busy to hunt it down enough but I did get a few in, still no Shiny :( This time I had the time and the passes (got an Ultra Box) and wanted to really set things right for real. And it did happen, on the second Raid today :D

Well, here's one little "yes!" moment; I've finally reached level 40. For the last bit of xp needed, I did 419 evoluties with a lucky egg on. When I started playing Pokémon GO (at release in june 2016) I never thought to ever reach level 40 but I did it. And I never did much raids, let alone legendary raids, just profiting from friendship level increases and metric tons of Pokémon evolving with a lucky egg on.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom