• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Your "YES!" moments

Monoceros
Reaction score
Today I did it: I pulled off the Mew glitch on my copy of Pokemon Yellow on the Virtual Console... and caught the little bugger. Hello, newest member of my team!

Lovely
Reaction score
I was playing against an opponent who had their Drifblim use Minimize 3 times AND had a Substitute. I wasn't sure if it was even going to be possible to kill it, but my Staraptor used Brave Bird - and it got rid of the Substitute.

Nah, that's gotta be the one and only luck I'm gonna have. Surely that thing is going to evade the next - HOLY OMFG BRAVE BIRD HITS AGAIN. AND DRIFBLIM FAINTS.

That was my Staraptor - the superstar of my team who eats up 3 stacks of Minimize - 6 stages of evasion - like it's nothing .

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
It's a while ago now, but beating Cynthia in Platinum with four Pokémon. It was a very ballsy thing to do since I usually bring a full team, and she's Cynthia. Out of all the champions I expected to overcome at a numbers disadvantage, she was the last.

I think the best moment came from when I used the burn Milotic purposefully received earlier from Flint's Flareon's Will-O-Wisp to stonewall that dreaded Garchomp with Marvel Scale. Nothing felt more awesome than showing I could do that.

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Catching a shiny female Eevee in X. I wasn't even LOOKING for an Eevee, let alone a shiny of any sort, but I got a shiny female Eevee by chance. Caught the little girl, will probably evolve her into a Sylveon, as I love its shiny form.

Likes cute Pokemon
Reaction score
Today I bred someone a HA female Chimchar since he needed one for breeding and he traded me an Eevee egg. After the trade is done, I went to hatch the egg hoping that it's female since it's in a love ball, but I know that chances of getting a female Eevee is low. Once the egg hatched, I became happy and excited that it's a female 4IV calm Eevee! I'm keeping her to breed her in the future for a Vaporeon. :)

Reaction score
Mine was catching one of the fighting-type trios in one Quick Ball at full health. I don't remember which one it was.

You are beautiful to me, exile
Reaction score
I spent quite a while trying to catch a Modest Abra with Synchronize in Moon. I went through 105 Abra to get it. As an apology for making me wait so long it was holding a Twisted Spoon, too.

Reaction score
After many years in the making, I've finally recruited every Pokémon in Blue Rescue Team. The game that got me back into Pokémon is now 100% done.

If that's not a "yes" moment then I don't know what is.

Monoceros
Reaction score
My hubby started his Pokemon Sun game and expected a fight for a female Rowlet. I warned him that it might take some time.

The first one he gets? Female. There were high fives all around for that one.

Reaction score
Ora's was the first time I completed a pokedex

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Won the master ball in the lottery on festival plaza after my second attempt. I wasn't focusing on the game, so it shocked me when I looked down and saw that I won. I was just expecting another berry juice!:D

Lovely
Reaction score
After hatching a bunch of eggs, I still don't have a shiny Oricorio.

Instead, I got one with perfect IVs in all stats. I'm going to take a break from breeding and raise the pokemon.

Reaction score
Hatched a Timid 6IV Rotom in Omega Ruby.

While awesome, I'm actually breeding for a specific Hidden Power type so I don't intend to use this one myself.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Completing the National Dex at long last. And getting two shiny Glameows via Masuda Method a few batches after this.

Fluffy with 80% more spots!
Reaction score
I caught a shiny Emolga while looking to fill my Pokedex! Two shinies without the shiny charm! Can't wait to get that thing.

EDIT: Misidentified the shiny charm as a shiny stone. Just wanted to fix that. ^^;

Last edited:
Lovely
Reaction score
After hatching a bunch of eggs, I still don't have a shiny Oricorio.

Instead, I got one with perfect IVs in all stats. I'm going to take a break from breeding and raise the pokemon.
So it's been over a month since I tried Masuda Method'ing for a shiny Oricorio. I've been sending breedjects over WonderTrade, and the first yes moment I got was when someone sent me a 5V Ralts. It was lacking in Speed, but still a great pokemon to use as a parent.

I decided to take a break from the Oricorio hatching once more and started breeding the Ralts, but then I got a shiny Ralts on the fourth egg! It was more of a perplexed moment because I didn't want a shiny Ralts (I already have one in ORAS), and after all those weeks a shiny decided to appear right then and there for the wrong pokemon.

But I remembered reading somewhere on the web about players hatching batches of Magikarps until they got a pokemon they desired, and softresetting the whole process over and over. As I didn't care about the shiny ralts, I simply hit soft-reset and changed the parents.

And yes, on the fourth egg - I got the shiny Oricorio!! It missed out on some of the IVs that I wanted, but then again, hyper-training is a thing. I'm willing to hyper-train this thing regardless of how long it'll take XD