• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

When I captured a random Shiny Whismur in Emerald. There was such a huge level difference that one attack from anyone on my team would have killed it outright, so I had to capture it with full health, but I only had about three Poke Balls on me and two Great Balls on me. It literally took all five for me to catch the damn thing.

When I finally made to a Frontier Brain. I lost, but I'd never made it that far before.

When Wobbuffet survived with 1 Hp to counter an attack from Lacne's Rematch garchomp and winning me the battle

Might be when I caught Giratina. With my Bibarel. Shadow Force my ass.

omg i did that too! :O

hmm...when i bred 3 egg/TM moves onto a baby Piplup for the 1st time, 3 moves in one breeding, it was a personal best.
And then when i beat that and finally bred 4 egg/TM moves onto a charmander :D along with a gen 3 game specific move^^
:bounce:

Edit: aslo when i caught Dialga in a Luxury Ball <3 and Palkia in a Heal Ball. My lord, compared to Emerald's Rayquaza, they were as easy as catching a Pidgey o_O

omg i did that too! :O

hmm...when i bred 3 egg/TM moves onto a baby Piplup for the 1st time, 3 moves in one breeding, it was a personal best.
And then when i beat that and finally bred 4 egg/TM moves onto a charmander :D along with a gen 3 game specific move^^
:bounce:

Edit: aslo when i caught Dialga in a Luxury Ball <3 and Palkia in a Heal Ball. My lord, compared to Emerald's Rayquaza, they were as easy as catching a Pidgey o_O

Got that right I died like 12 times trying to catch Rayquaza when I caught it on the last try with a netball + sleep combo:bounce:

Getting Raikou in Gold. I chased the bugger all around Johto, finally cornering it near Mahogany. Unfortuntely,my only Pokemon I had was my Lv.28 Stantler I was training as a sweeper, Lv.31 Shuckle and Lv.100 Shiny Azumarill. So what do I do? Stantler uses Hypnosis and gets four Stomps before Raikou wakes up. One more Hypnosis gets him back to sleep, and I get him in the red with Tackle. Cue me uing all my Great and Ultra Balls. My only thing left was a Fast Ball. I throw it. It catches Raikou!

My only other moment was finishing off Primal Dialga in Explorers of Darkness. I forgot I had moves linked and had used my last Reviver Seed recovering from Roar of Time. So, with nothing else to lose, I used my normal Flamethrower....which chained into Thunderpunch...which chained into Flame Wheel! The best part was that Flamethrower killed it, Thunderpunch and Flame Wheel were overkill. XD

When I was battling Articuno and was left with one UltraBall
*throws Ultraball*
shake.shake.shake DING

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

And I started with 65 UltraBalls

After reaching Giratina in the Distortion World & capturing him after 8 tries. Yes!! But it was more of "Finally!"

The many times I caught Legendary Pokemon with a few balls in Platinum. Defeating Cynthia in my first try in Platinum - in Diamond I had to reset it.

When I finally defeated Palmer with just my Tyranitar in my first Diamond Game. When I defeated Palmer in my first try in my second Diamond Game.

Running into a shiny Nidorino at Route 13 in Gold or Crystal after thinking "what if a shiny Pokemon appears while I'm looking for a Nidorino?" It was the first Pokemon I encountered. Actually that was more like an "OMG!" moment than a "YES!" moment. It was long ago and I can still remember it. This and beating Palmer with only Tyranitar are my most memorable.

And the moments didn't actually surprise me enough to go "YES!" or "OMG!" but they did surprise me- Getting Pokerus for the very first time in any game from my Cranidos (in Diamond). Getting a female Treecko in Emerald on the first pick, often I would have to restart a lot to get a female starter and by the way I wasn't aiming to get a female Treecko.

Last edited:
just beating the elite 4 and champ on pearl.

and finding a shiny bibarel. which i didnt catch.

And a shiny goldeen on Soulsilver. which i did catch. :D

Last edited:
Beating the elite four and rival for the first time in blue version after many days of attempts to do so.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom