• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

finding two shinies on my first week on White, THEN trading one of them for a Reshiram and the other one for a Tornadus~

Getting a legit shiny Misdreavus off the GTS. And only having to trade a Shroomish for it. :yahoo:

Also finally getting my team in Pokemon Black to lv. 100.

Pairing with Riley on Diamond.
Wild Steelix and Graveler appeared!
I send out Thumper the Buneary. He sends out Lucario.
Lucario uses Force Palm on Steelix. Paralyzed and down to 2/3 HP. I take Graveler down to half.
Graveler uses Magnitude and takes down Lucario and Buneary. Steelix goes into the red.
I send out Buddy, my Roselia. I Giga Drain Graveler and take it out. Steelix is fully paralyzed.
Go Ultra Ball. 1...2...3...Opened! Two Ultra Balls left. Fully paralyzed.
Go Ultra Ball. 1...2...3...LOCK! Steelix, mine! I nicknamed it SteelNRoll.

Beating Roxanne in Ruby.

I had picked the PERFECT starter for her. At first I picked Treecko because he looked cool. I didn't know he would own Roxanne with a couple Absorbs (and a Bullet Seed for Nosepass).:banana:

Each and every time my Golurk goes up a level. I'm training him in Attack and seeing his Attack stat go up is just so awesome.

Also, all the shinies I got via GTS on Pearl. Even if some of them were hacked (stares at shiny Mew), I love them all and consider myself very lucky to have them.

In Fire Red i lobbed a Pokeball at Articuno as soon as the Match started, Talk about pure luck.

When I was little, when I first beat Brock on Yellow after a gazillion tries with only normal type moves. (before I was wise enough to know that Butterfree's confusion attack did decent damage)
In Gold, catching Raikou on the very first try with a great ball.
And yes, I have a Groudon in a regular pokeball.

Mewtwo in HG. I was desperate for the thing, and after SIX restarts and ploughing through my EIGHTY NINE ULTRA BALLS, I finally caught it. With an ordinary Pokeball.

Dunno if this doesn't include Black and White or not but when I caught Zekrom four times in a row with a quick ball. (Kept losing and soft resetting because of Ghetsis)
Also one night in Ilex Forest, I was walking through, wait a second oddish isn't green.
Too bad i got a bad egg the next month.

EDIT: Also my brother caught cobalion in a heal ball.

Last edited:
Just beat Sapphire with a very under leveled team (~level 45). My Marowak (Last Pokemon conscious) barely survived a hyper beam from Steven's Metagross, which I then countered with a 2nd earthquake, killing it.

Basically, my YES moment is beating the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and catching legendaries and encountering and catching shinies. Or getting that Evolutionary Stone you're looking for in the Dust clouds

Basically, my YES moment is beating the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and catching legendaries and encountering and catching shinies. Or getting that Evolutionary Stone you're looking for in the Dust clouds.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom