• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

Encountering my first chained Shiny (Shinx) in Diamond. I caught it and named it Lucky despite it being female. :)

Finally getting out of the Rock Tunnel when I had no Flash! T.T

Beating a difficult trainer with a low level team. Beating the Elite 4 and Champion also finally catching some of the legendary Pokemon that I have had trouble with.

Finding my first shiny, Geodude.

I promptly fainted it, making it a "NO!" moment.

Catching a shiny Graveler while with Buck. Yaknow. The Stat Trainer? Yeah, him.

Defeating Red with a team that's all about 25 levels average below his Pokemon, no legendaries. Ferarligatr, Crobat, Arcanine, Mamoswine, Espeon, and Luxray. :D

In the Battle Tower: My Torterra against a Gastrodon. It's my 14th battle.

Gastrodon uses Ice Beam.
Me: ...crap.
Torterra survives with five HP.
Me: YAY- aaand you're frozen.
Torterra immediately defrosts and OHKO's it with Razor Leaf.
Me: Thank you Arceus~!

SoulSilver. After 23 soft resets, about 300 ultra balls and 2 hours of trying I finally caught Lugia. I was on Xbox LIVE and yelled "YES!!" so loud I almost gave my friends heart attacks.

I don't think I've ever struggled with a Pokemon, let alone a Legendary, that much before. Not even with Mewtwo (Hell, I caught him with 2 Ultra Balls at full health!).

When I caught Cresselia. I had to train an Umbreon to learn batton pass and mean look, then breed with an Absol, and teach him thunder wave and false swipe. all the effort was valuable at that time, I almost cried

When I faced against Darach at the Battle Castle and fucking won. D8

I had Goukazaru (Infernape), Gen (Lucario), and Charap (Chatot) with me.
Darach had a Staraptor, Empoleon, and Houndoom.

So, I had Goukazaru lead with flamethrower. Did massive damage to Staraptor, but didn't knock him out. The dumb bird did Brave Bird to me, and naturally OHKO'd poor Goukazaru. D8; The recoil made it a double KO.

So, feeling just a bit hopeless because I wasn't expecting to face Darach (is why I brought Charap in the first place), I send Charap out next. He sent out Houndoom. I did Hyper Voice, thinking "eh, why not?"

Surprise, Hyper Voice did a critical hit! Another surprise, Houndoom had a focus sash. ._. You can figure out what happened next.

With Charap and Goukazaru down, I thought all hope would be lost, a Lucario against a fire Pokemon, and I didn't know who his last Pokemon would be. I send Gen out, ready to forfeit if things look bad.

So, Gen aura spheres Houndoom to finish it off, thank god I was miraculously faster. D8 So Darach sends out the Empoleon! I had only once chance, hit or miss. Here's what happened:

Gen used Close Combat!
Gen's attack missed! (me: D8 no fucking way dhofhsahf bright powder or what?)
The foe's EMPOLEON used Hydro Pump!
-dadoo- -dadoo- -dadoo- -dadoo- (the low-HP ringing)
(I go and select Close Combat again and pray to almighty Arceus...)
Gen used Close Combat!
Critical Hit! It's Super Effective!
The foe's EMPOLEON fainted!
Me: YES! YES YES YES YES YESSSSSS!!!! FUCK YEAH SEAKING I DID IT!!

Best day of my Pokemon life. ;A; My second Frontier Brain battle (I challenged and lost to Dahlia before), and I won! I saved the battle video right away, of course, but with no Wi-Fi, I had no way to post it. My sister accidentally saved over it about a few days ago, and I was so upset over that...

But hey! I still won! 8D That was a big "YES!" moment indeed!

When I defeated Cynthia in pokemon Platinum after two lost battles... sigh... I trained a lot to beat her, such sweet memories...

my "yes" moment was when i caught TWO shinies on soul silver in one day! a shiny onix and shiny ursaring..but days later i got bored and started my game over. :(

When I battled Lugia, I successfully brought it down to 1 HP and Para'd it, then realized all I had was a Fast Ball >.>

Guess what, I successfully caught it with that very ball!

-geting gratina with a dusk ball 3ed try
-getting mewtwo with a ultra ball 6th try
-Have a modest moltic with great ivs in sp.attack =D
-getting enti first try with a quick ball and raikou 1 try with a fast ball.
-getting a chansy with a lucky egg first try and a cubone with a thick club first try =D

-Lucking out with a Shiny Electrike in the Johto Safari Zone
-Quick Balls and Roaming Pokémon
-21 straight wins in Battle Tower!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom