• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

Defeating Brawly in Emerald with a level 13 Ralts after confusion was a critical hit, all my other Pokemon had fainted.

Ralts became my bro for life after that moment <3

Finding Mew on Red through the glitch, paralyzing it with my Drowzee's Thunder Wave, and throwing one Poke Ball to catch it right afterwards!

Does the leaking of information for upcoming games count? It's certainly exciting and invokes previously unthought of concepts that you thought might never happen

actually it was an AWESOME moment,few days ago I put an Lv 59 Altaria for trade with a Hiedragon in GTC 2 days past then I check it,I thought no one will ever trade my Altria because it appear naturally in the games....but suddenly...I found someone traded my altaria with a Shiny lv 100 Hiedragon,I was like .....OHH MMY GOOOOOOODDD !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hm, I'd have to say...either making my Emerald Swampert "THEORIGINL" reach lv100. "YES!!"
oooooor...catching my first shiny, a Psyduk, in that same game, IN THE SAFARI ZONE. "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!"

This happened 30 seconds ago.

I'm running through Ilex Forrest, trying to catch the darn Farfetch'd, then randomly, a shiny Kakuna appears.

I caught that buggy with a fast ball.

WOOOO. First shiny of the game~!

I caught Landorus in a Net Ball 1st turn! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Doing my very first Random Tripple Wi-Fi Battle and winning with my first competetive Sand Team of Tyranitar, Excadrill, Seismitoad, Hydreigon, Emboar & Wobofette - I think thats how you spell it without looking. I don't tend to win random Wi-Fi matches, especially the singles, don't know how I would stand up in a "Friend Match" 'cause I don't have any Friend Codes yet :sweatlol:

Obtained Master Rank in Double Battles at the Battle Test building in Nimbasa City last week, I'm happy about that too :-D

I recently received a Treecko from Steven in Soul silver, and without resetting, RNGing or anything got given a Timid one with 31 IVs in Speed and Special Attack, and a 68 Base Powered Ice Hidden Power.
I think I just used up my life's supply of luck on a fictional gecko.

I recently received a Treecko from Steven in Soul silver, and without resetting, RNGing or anything got given a Timid one with 31 IVs in Speed and Special Attack, and a 68 Base Powered Ice Hidden Power.
I think I just used up my life's supply of luck on a fictional gecko.

I have caught a Timid Misdreavus @ 31 IV in Speed and 30 IV in Special Attack too. I guess we're on the same boat :D

A few minutes ago, I beat Red on Soulsilver on the first try! And people say that Chikorita sucks, and yet she was able to take down Lapras AND Blastoise!

When I seleceted to fling My Kings Rock and My Oppent used switcheroo with There Lopunny handing me the Flame orb lol Flung for a Burn. I laughed :)

Probably shinies.
My first one was a Makuhita in Emerald, quite a while ago. My level of excitement when seeing that was huge. It's kind of a shame though, since back then I had no clue about EV training, so I kind of ruined it. It was still awesome.

More recently I encountered a shiny Nidoran (fem.) in the safari zone, that was a tense battle. It broke the poke ball first time, then I threw a rock and caught it on the second (I then proceeded to resume normal breathing activity).

Beating the game is always cool, as is finding rare pokemon.

Slightly less awesome, but still pretty good, was perfecting the pokeradar method in Platinum. I got a shiny Larvitar and Bagon through it.

I've had a few, lately, playing through heart gold.
First, during my first bug catching competition of this file, I walk into the grass and, first encounter, is a scyther lvl 14 or so... I throw the ball without attacking or anything and, caught it.. first ball, first encounter, and I won the competition with it.

Later, trying to catch Ho-Oh I was running into some problems - I had horrible luck and my 35 or so ultra balls, 20 or so great balls, and 10 heavy balls all failed... leaving me with my master ball(no way in hell I'm using that to catch Ho-Oh) and I had one dusk ball... So, with no options left I throw the dusk ball, at a legendary, who is wide awake, at noon, on the top of a tower... and it catches! I was so damn happy! I hadn't saved since the bottom of the tower so a restart would have been annoying as hell.

Then just earlier this morning, I was doing the e4 for the first time on this file, got to the end and I was left with 2 pokemon (I had some bad luck with Karen's umbreon using double team and dodging virtually everything I threw at it for a while), and no revives ( forgot to stock up on supplies before taking them on) , against lance... my electrode and my Dewgong. Electrode thunders, takes out the champ's gyarados, thunders a lvl 50 dragonite for less than half-damage, then promptly dies... then my dewgong proceeds to sweep the entire-damned-team with blizzards and a Surf. None of her attacks missed, no one even so much as touched her(quick claw helped with that)! She absolutely wrecked the entire team save one gyarados. Crowning moment of badass for my dewgong, who until then was a rather mediocre member of the team (Until that I considered swapping her out for a lapras). She really earned her new permanent spot on my team with that display, though.

All 86 of my shiny Golett/Golurk rescues.

Every time my Golurk Riser beats the crap out of an opponent. Seriously, just seeing how strong the big guy is makes me grin.

Watching the stats go up on a Pokemon that I'm EV training. The stronger they get, the happier I am.

Being told that my Pokemon love me. Yes, I'm so proud of the fact that I have bunches of pixels that adore me.

Getting the King's Rock from the president of the Pokemon Fan Club in Icirrus. I kinda blew the one my Mewtwo had on a Slowpoke so I could get a Slowking for trading.

Completing the National Pokedex in Pokemon Black, which is the first time I have ever completed a Pokedex. :banana:

Winning against that freaking Haxorus.
Beating a line on the Battle Subway.
Beating Elesa with my Dewott, Poesidon. I squeed so much after he endured an electric attack and then killed that last Emolga with Razor Shell.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom