• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

While training my team in Diamond, I noticed that they all got Pokerus. This is the second time so far that I've managed to get Pokerus.

Though my team are already at high levels, so it may not matter that much.

Winning my first random Matchup battle 3-0. But afterwards, I tried to battle another person...
*goes to find "FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-" thread*

The moment when i find a great TM that i need badly.
The moment when my Riolu evolves.
The moment when i beat the Distortion World without using Internet in Platinum, that was the hardest part of any Pokemon game ever.

Surviving with 1HP, regardless of the battle, Pokemon, or outcome.
It's always amusing, no matter the circumstance. :3

I'm EV training my Golurk, Braver on White. I sent him out against Grimsley's Krookodile, which naturally uses Foul Play. Braver's down to three HP but turns around and nails the Krookodile with a critical hit and faints it out. I pull Braver, heal him and soldier on. When Grimsley's Bisharp comes out, I send out Braver again. Bisharp uses Night Slash and takes Braver down to 1 HP. Braver then faints Bisharp with another critical hit. As I healed Braver for the second time, I whispered softly, "Do you have any idea how much I adore you...?" :crush:

Definitely not anytime on the Battle Subway.

Getting my Shiny Watchog and Excadrill on White. Wasn't trying either time... But when I use the Masuda Method... Nothing.

So I was trying to trade for a shiny Golurk but got skunked out of it, so I start looking through the Golett offerings on GTS. Someone has a level 1 Golett and they're asking for a Celebi in return. Normally, I'd let that one slide but since I lost a rescue I figure, "Oh, what the slag?" and send off my spare Celebi to grab the Golett.

Now, I know what you're thinking--You got gypped, Silvy!--but hear me out on this one.

When I get the little guy and look at him, I raise an eyebrow. He's Adamant with across the board sixes for his stats, save for Special Attack which is a four. Now, I'm curious so I head to Nimbasa and get him judged. My jaw dropped when I did.

He's outstanding and perfect in four stats: HP, Defense, Special Defense and Speed. His only major flaw? His Ability, which is Klutz. As for the Celebi I gave up? Above average with "very good" potential in its HP. Oh yeah, this little guy was worth that Legendary. :evil:

A few that come to mind were when I found my first shiny in my White Version, a Darumaka. Another was when I caught that plucked chicken of a legendary, Kyurem. The bastard wouldn't stay in the ball!

More recent ones would include the consecutive times my Cofagrigus survived and won by a hair. Sure it was just with AI trainers, but the consecutive occurences were definitely "Yes!" moments. Another would be my Furret KO-ing Cheren's Haxorus in one-hit, using its trusty Me First, hahah.

Guess I'm pretty easy to please, game-wise.

-Catching Mewtwo in Yellow
-BEATING WHITNEYS FREAKING MILTANK (G)
-Beating Crasher Wake with an Infernape
-Getting A Lv 89 Magikarp at the Resort Area
-Catching a LV 70 SHINY HO-OH NO HAX (SS)

My Yes Moments-

Beating the Elite Four with Level 30 Pokemon- Yellow
Beating that Miltank and won the Plain Badge- Silver
Finally beating Roark (and I had a Piplup, needed a Machop to win...)- Platinum
Beating N on my first try, and Ghetsis on the second- White

Catching Zapados in LeafGreen-He was Super Hard to catch for me!

Catching Moltres full heath first turn with Quick Ball in Soul Silver-Never done this, especially with a legendary(but that is a bit expected with a Quick Ball)

Beating up Lance's Aerodactyl with my trusty Ampharos. It was my last Pokemon and I managed to win when Static paralyzed Aerodactyl...it was a walk in the park from there.

Catching Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion ALL with critical captures.
Realizing that more than half of my in-game battle Pokémon were caught with critical captures.

Being down to my last team member in a Random Match battle (prior to the US release) and realizing that I'd be lucky if I made it out. It was my Doryuzu vs his Nutrey (with one other remaining), and I was out of PP for Earthquake. I put my bet on Horn Drill, breathed a sigh of relief when it worked, and got lucky that his final Pokémon was a Pendora. Since I still had PP for Rock Slide I used it and won. That felt like a true "YES!" moment. (For the record, I had gotten unlucky during the match, as a series of Leaf Tornados from his Jalorda tore apart my other two Pokémon while leaving their accuracy in tatters, only falling to an earlier Toxic attack.)

(Edited to change Nutrey to the romanized name, since I noticed transliterated names don't trigger the Bulbapeida links)

Beating Red (Ash) on top of Mt. Silver in HeartGold. My Snorlax made mincemeat of his precious Pikachu. I was so proud.
Getting my Mew after depositing 999 Pokemon into that damn Pokemon ranch...that was another one.

I am playing through Blue again and earlier today I spent like 2 hours seeking a Chansey in the Safari Zone. I had encountered about 3-4 of them, and they all ran away almost immediately. Then I found one and decided to just throw a ball without any rocks or bait, and I got it on my first try!

I am playing through Blue again and earlier today I spent like 2 hours seeking a Chansey in the Safari Zone. I had encountered about 3-4 of them, and they all ran away almost immediately. Then I found one and decided to just throw a ball without any rocks or bait, and I got it on my first try!

Chansey can be a good Special Attacker and Wall in that version. If you haven't used the Thunderbolt, Ice Beam or even Fire Blast TMs, you can spend them on Chansey. :)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom