• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

No I arranged a trade. It was in ss and I couldn't without getting one first as no trainers have it where it counts towards pokedex (link battles and froniter don't count in this game.) Although I do have a remoriad that I spread it to and keep that pokemon just to spread it. Speaking of eevee I got a magnezone for one the other day.

I forgot to save to soft-reset before getting Larvesta Egg, so I resigned to get a bad-natured Volcarona. So, What I got? Timid, 27/24/23/28/14/22 and by far the most competitive Pokémon I have on hand.

After getting kicked by Blaine and Lt. Surge at the PWT for a million times, the game FINALLY decides to match me with some other gym leaders and provide me a win XDD!! World Leaders tournament unlocked!! YESS!

LOL - it was all the more epic when my last opponent was Giovanni. My dear Samurott surf'd through his team... XDD

Yesterday in Pokemon Black 2 in my first battle with cobalion and on the fifth capture it was a jolly nature. I was screaming like a little girl on that day. XD

Right now, actually!

I beat Cynthia on Platinum. On my FIRST TRY!!! Heck, the only one who managed to faint AT ALL (E4 wise and Champion wise) was my Infernape (Ellie) because her ThunderPunch didn't do as enough damage to Togekiss as I'd hoped it would, togekiss used Air Slash... and got a critical hit and knocked out my level 80 (same level as everyone else) starter in one hit.

Otherwise, aside from Togekiss and Roserade (whom I COULD have knocked out immediately with my Staraptor's Fly, but didn't because I wanted to Revive and Heal Ellie, and because of that Verity got Badly Poisoned and nearly fainted herself if I hadn't used a Full Restore) I completely sweeped her team! Including her "scary" Garchomp by using my own Garchomp who was level 80 with a single Dragon Rush attack.

As you can imagine, I AM HAPPY!

On Christmas Eve, I spot a shiny Golurk in Germany; the asking price is a level 100 Houndoom. I have no Houndoom and no Legendary to post for a trade so I, my heart heavy, decide to let that Golurk go. Christmas morning I get up, transfer a few Legendaries to Black and hit the GTS. My jaw drops when I see that the Golurk is still there. Immediately, I offer up a Jirachi and hope for the best. Eight hours later, I get a Houndoom and check for the Golurk. He's still there so I claim that poor shiny Automaton. All I can say is: Merry Christmas, big fella and welcome home.

I've been trying to hatch a Emolga with Timid or Modest nature (without the help of RNG) for EV training. Just after the fifth egg, I got the Emolga I want. Compared to similar times that had me hatch over like forty eggs, this was rather quick. :3

Had to battle a Scientist whose stupid Grimer maxed evades with Minimize. Two fainted 'mon later, Grimer is at red health, and attacks kept missing. Then, I commanded my Riolu to Force Palm it.

Her attack landed, then Grimer faints. I swear, she worked out quite a miracle.

I was playing Black 2 and was battling Elesa, then when there was about no hope my Sandslash got a Magnitude 10 and KOed Zebstrika!!

I had my "Yes!" moment when fighting both Iris (first-time) and Cynthia

Wit Iris, I sent out Haxorus first, without any idea she'll go first with Hydreigon. I immediately threw a Dragon Dance, and miraculously I had 10 HP left from her Dragon Pulse. I then killed her w/ Dragon Claw. When Archeops came out, I managed to do a Full restore then 2 Swords Dances (my Haxorus was still level 54 then) and Dragon Clawed every Pokemon until she sent out Haxorus. AND THEN IT HELD A FOCUS SASH. Damn it knocked out my Haxorus with Dual Chop :(

I then tried my luck and sent out Flygon, at lvl 49. I used Dragon Claw, AND I KNOCKED HER OUT. It's just that I never expected her Haxorus (at full health, after Iris used Full Restore) to survive. the level gap was quite far and I thought she would have at least survived with less than half her HP.

And then Cynthia. I sent out again Haxorus (level 60) and she sent out Spiritomb. I used SIX Dragon Dances (and 10 full restores) and then BOOM. Swept her team out as though it was the first gym :p

In Pearl, I was fighting Maylene. All my pokemon fainted except for Buneary, and Maylene's Lucario was at full health. I knew I was going to lose this, so I commanded Jump Kick.

It's Super Effective!! Lucario loses half of his HP.
He used Bone Rush, and it didn't kill my Buneary.

Jump Kick again.

Super Effective - WON. YES

Evolved my Onix in Black 2 with the help of my Black 1 game. Hard to do with only one DS system, but with clever use of GTS, I pulled it off with no diversions. Had to use up a Metal Coat in B1 somehow!

So now I got a mighty Steelix, and she's awesome! ^_^

I don't know if this was some sort of new year's luck or something... But shortly after the strike of 12 o'clock, I decided to go try to catch some legendaries in White 2, and decided to go after Cresselia first. So it appears as usual, but as I entered the battle, I noticed something was different about it until I realized... SHINY Cresslia! Was probably the best time to use that Master Ball of mine.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom