• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

Holy shit. THREE Ultra Balls. That's... that's amazing. I wonder how many I can catch it in on my SoulSilver if I ever get to where it is?

When I found a Shieldon offered at a reasonable price - a Zorua. I quickly bred N's Zorua and went and traded it XDD YAY I got a Shieldon!! XDD

Every time I fight with a Flying Pokemon that know Fly against a Fighting Pokemon that knows Jump Kick or High Jump Kick.
"Ooh, you hurt yourself while trying to attack me? oh, poor thing, let me just FALL OUT OF THE SKY AND HIT YOU WITH AN ATTACK THAT YOU'RE WEAK TO!!! MUAHAHA!!!"

Convincing my friend that I needed his shiny (literally golden) Poochyena - and back when R/S/E were the hottest games around, to boot. Still have it, now a Mightyena, about 8-9 years later; he's spent his life fathering lots of Poochyenas (sadly, none of them shiny, but knowing killer moves at level 5). Definitely a win moment.

Also, getting a female Cyndaquil in Gold so that eventually, Mama Typhlosion had many more baby Cyndaquil. Which reminds me of another one: Discovering that wild Ditto could be captured directly outside of the Day Care Center. Seriously, Nintendo? Not that I'm complaining.

Also, getting a female Cyndaquil in Gold so that eventually, Mama Typhlosion had many more baby Cyndaquil. Which reminds me of another one: Discovering that wild Ditto could be captured directly outside of the Day Care Center. Seriously, Nintendo? Not that I'm complaining.

If you mean in the original Gold and not Heart Gold, be aware that because of the mechanics at the time, you will never be able to have a Shiny FEMALE Cyndaquil, or any Pokémon with a gender ratio of 1 female out of 8 (this setting applies to the starters, Eevee and the fossils I think). But you can still have a Shiny MALE Cyndaquil though. :)

I needed a male Nidoran to register Nidorino for my dex, and I didn't feel like touching my shiny one. So I put a Haunter on the GTS, figuring someone would want a Gengar. I go back to check if someone traded, someone did, and the Nidoran I got for it ends up being shiny too.

I'm on a trip through several cities, visiting relatives... and just realized I can't find my cartridge box (with Pokémon Platinum, White, White 2 and PES 2012) anywhere. The last time I used White 2 was in the previous city, when Keldeo Wifi event was released.

Tonight I'm returning there, already scheduled, not because of my cartridges. But if they aren't there (both W and W2 with complete Pokédexes, sans Meloetta), I think I'm gonna die...

Found them! That's my newest "YES!" moment.

I needed a leaf stone to evolve my Exeggcute, but Picnicker Gina wasn't being too useful. I found out I could get one from the Pokeathalon Dome on Saturdays, which by luck was today. I needed it soon, because I'm trying to play through all the generations, and I couldn't really wait another week for it to come back or until Gina finally picked one up. So I went there for the first time and with and started with only an hour left until Midnight. I somehow manage to get enough points and can get the leaf stone before it turned midnight. I owe it all to Rattata and Quilava absolutely owning the speed course.

In Conquest, when Hanbei's Pichu FINALLY evolved into a Pikachu. Man, that link improving took so long - and Pichu was so weak that it got KO'd by pretty much every single hit.

This battle I had at the Battle Subway:

[video=youtube;XOXirwvwYIc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOXirwvwYIc[/video]

Man, THAT was close. A "YES!!!!" with all its rights.

Just now, in LeafGreen, I was trekking through the Safari Zone. It's my second time through, and I'm getting really bored with it. Suddenly, I run into the Pokemon I've been seeking: Chansey! I start throwing balls at it, and it stays in the second throw.

I went "**** YEAH I CAUGHT YOU!" out loud xD

Two nights ago, I nail from the GTS (in this order):
one shiny Golett
one shiny Golurk
two Goletts, one level 12 (English) and the second 17 (Japanese).

The two in their teens? Dream Worlders. I have an English DW Golett now. No, the little guy isn't technically mine but still--one great big huge YES!

(And yeah, I'm working on getting one of my own from the DW. Bet you didn't see that one coming...)

If you mean in the original Gold and not Heart Gold, be aware that because of the mechanics at the time, you will never be able to have a Shiny FEMALE Cyndaquil, or any Pokémon with a gender ratio of 1 female out of 8 (this setting applies to the starters, Eevee and the fossils I think). But you can still have a Shiny MALE Cyndaquil though. :)

Oh, I wasn't talking about shiny Cyndaquil! I was thrilled to hatch regular ones - I'm not sure I even knew that shiny Pokémon existed at the time of this "yes" moment. :p Didn't know that about the shiny females, though...interesting.

I JUST HAD THE MOST AWESOME GTS NEGOTIATION EVER!!

For once in my life, I met an awesome player that traded me really awesome pokemon!!

I got a Turtwig in exchange for my Shedinja
I got a Torchic in exchange for my Gorebyss
I got a PHIONE in exchange for my Espeon

Beat the Elite Four and Champion Iris, without saving the game, with lower level Pokemon than them...

-Finally catching a Ditto who fought me like crazy in the Giant Chasm.
-Trading that Ditto for a level 1 Gobit on GTS.
-Finding out that my new Golbit has Iron Fist and is Adamant with a perfect Attack stat.

I got some good deals trading baby pokemon.

By giving Mime Jr, I got a Mudkip
By giving Pichu, I got a Chimchar

LOL GTS negotiation rocks... as long as you meet a good partner XDD

Running into a shiny magnemite, now shiny magnezone, relaxed nature and great ivs!
Beating the Elite Four on the first try with most of my team five-ten levels lower than their's, my streak continues.
Dropping a critical while using a quick claw to win a tough battle

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom