• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

When going to catch Mawile in Dewford Cave the very first one is a Shiny. O__o

Getting my first legit Mew in my English HG file :-D (seriously I had to use the GTS to get one that was hacked or something)

Completing the National Dex in Diamond.
Finishing the storyline and seeing the credits in White.

Beating Cynthia with my Garchomp vs her more Powerful Garchomp.

She had just taken out my Roserade with Giga Impact, and my last Pokemon was my Garchomp. Thanks to Giga Impact's recharge effect, my slightly slower Garchomp managed to sink a boosed Dragon Claw for the win.

-Finding shinies
-Beating the Pokemon League
-Catching a legendary Pokemon
-Finding a really rare Pokemon

Beating the pokemon league for the first time with pokemon like at level 35. That was an awesome moment

Getting a non-hacked shiny Lopunny and shiny Darkrai from the GTS without specifically trading for them,(as in, receiving it from somebody without my knowledge) as well as getting my shiny Hoothoot and Duskull. <3

Finally owning all of the legendary Pokemon using the 4th gen only. Caught the Rayquaza last night.

Being the first to get Mew in my neighbourhood using a game genie device (the glitch wasn't available back then yet). That device is awesome!

When I trekked all the way up Mt Coronet to capture Dialga - I was quite poor so i only brought enough ultra balls for one of them. Dialga - catch first time. Im like saweeet! Turn to Palkia. Catch first time. BOOOOOO. YAAAA!

More like a rapid succession of "YES!!!" and "NO!!!" Moments, but here's my favorite:
I'm in the Battle Tower in Sapphire, down to my last Pokémon (Breloom) with an eventual 50-win streak at stake. My opponent sent out Swampert. The battle is as follows.
"Opponent sent out Swampert!"
("YES!!" *gleeful expression*)
"Breloom used Giga Drain!"
(Swampert loses most of its health. Still smiling.)
"Swampert used Blizzard!"
(Hmmmm... this could end badly)
(Breloom survives the hit. "YEAH, BI-")
"Breloom was frozen!"
:)uhoh:)
(dejectedly picking Giga Drain, hoping Blizzard misses by some miracle)
"Breloom was defrosted!"
(no word can describe my reaction)
"Breloom used Giga Drain!"
(Swampert faints as I start jumping for joy)
Victory can never be sweeter than this.

Trading over all 500+ Pokemon from Pearl to Platinum so that I could restart Pearl.

Normally I'd just restart with all of the Pokemon on the file, but I spent hours and hours and hours training over 300 of those 500, and the last 200 I never got around to but intended to finish. My Pearl is corrupted anyways, so I needed to restart eventually.

When I saw a Shiny Machop by total luck walking through a cave in SS. My pokemon were too strong for me to battle it so I just threw a pokeball at it and caught it =D

Also when I beat Red even though all of my pokemon were about 15 levels weaker than his. I really only battled him to see how far I could get but I actually ended up beating him. I used a crap load of potions but I actually beat him xP Thank goodness for the Hail that made Pikachu and Charizard faint.

My best "YESSS!" moments are when I:

• Caught a shiny Psyduck in the Safari Zone in one go
  • Beat the Champion for the first time
  • Caught Giratina after 50+ various Poké Balls
  • Got the National Pokédex

When I first faced Cynthia in Platinum, her Garchomp kept missing its Dragon Rush move. Three times in a row!
...I earned enough time to defeat in with Gastrodon's Ice Beam. (I didn't have an Ice type Pokemon in my team)

Let's see... well, in Platinum, my biggest "Yes!" moment was battling Giratina. Caught it on the first throw with a Dusk Ball (which also totally stunned me). Another moment in SoulSilver was catching a shiny Tauros. To be honest, I was never able to catch one until Gen 4, let alone a shiny one. I never used it (since I had a Tauros on my team already), but I was happy nonetheless. Probably my most recent moment was doing a little breeding for fun in my second Platinum and ended up hatching a shiny Torchic. Boy, I was off the wall on that one, since the Torchic family is my favorite Starter family. But I can't recall any more.

- Emerald Version
- Fight against Norman
- Beat Spinda
- Slaking kills everyone but Pelliper
- Spend like 10 minutes alternating between Supersonic, Protect, and Wing Attack (on the rare occasion that I got to) and using it's every
other turn disadvantage to heal when necessary
- Have to repeat and perform extremely risky set of turns to heal AND restore HP on Protect, only being saved by the confusion on Slaking
- Finally beat it, after reducing its health twice (he healed)
- Vigoroth
- Perform same technique, run out of healing items half way
- Kill it, but not before Vigoroth reduces Pelliper to 2HP
- Linoone
- Pelliper uses Supersonic
- Linoone uses Belly Drum, maxed attack
- Pelliper uses Wing Attack, misses
- Linoone hurt itself in confusion, maxed attack, knocks itself out

Literally just happened there now, and it was too awesome to not share

Platinum:
Catching Giratina with a Dusk ball in no more than 3 throws. I had to do a double take when I heard the *click* of the pokeball.

SoulSilver:
Catching Ho-Oh, level 70, with an Ultra ball, after about 6 or 7 throws.

I also remember playing Pokemon Crystal after it first came out, walking around in the grass outside the National Park, and running into a shiny Drowzee. So what if it's not one of my favorites, I was still bouncing off the walls over it. XD That was my first shiny.

Heres the story...
I was doing an elite four run (advanced) in Heart Gold to train. I had left one of my three good leveled pokemon in my pc (my dragonite, the other two were lugia and mewtwo). I was fighting karen. I had them in the seventies. I couldn't beat her umbreon because lugia and mewtwo are psychic. I usually used dragonite to kill it. I got my first taste of challenge at spiritomb. Pain split was so annoying. When I was fighting the umbreon it used a bunch of curses and startded paybacking. It quickly killed everything except my lugia. I had weakened it enoughso that two aeroblasts would kill it. It was about to kill lugia. I wanted to keep my undeafeted record (which I lost in the battle thing in viridian because I didn't bring my good stuff). I got a critical on the umbreon and killed it. My other moment was catching lugia pretty fast (I think less than ten ultra balls it was paralyzed and low hp).

I took the Heartgold E4 over my knee recently. I took a long break from playing the actual game. I had mostly been breeding and grinding, and battling countless times in the Frontier for fun. My team was horribly underleveled for the task, but I decided to go for it.

Man, I must have been metagame conditioned or something, I raped them all. Even Lance, with his Lv75 dragons fell to my level 60s. No healing items, and I only used 4 pokes. IT WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I'VE EVER DONE. I was on the verge of tears.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom