• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

Hatching two Litwick with optimal IVs/Natures very quickly. Granted, it did take putting 6 or 7 different Litwick in the daycare to get up to this point.

I was in the Battle Subway trying to get 18 BP from 6 different rounds in order to buy the Power Lens (defeating the Frontier Brains Subway Bosses and getting 20 BP isn't really an option right now) but it turns out I lost count and did one more round then I intended so I had 21 BP instead of 18. Hey, those extra 3 BP will come in handy some day!)

Copypasta from the Diaries of Black and White Thread:

Playing White.
I traded in some 'mons to catch Zekrom.
Unlike with Reshiram in Black, I went the long way and filled all 720 boxes. I decided to use eggs to fill the last 10 or so boxes. So I had to spend time later hatching them. And on my HeartGold, I spent an hour or two breeding an Adamant Synchronise Abra to transfer. Then, leaving an open slot in my party, I had to walk all the way up to the top of Dragonspiral Tower to catch Zekrom.

It paid off.
False Swiping and Parlyzing it, I caught Zekrom in just two Poké Balls. It's Adamant, and its stats are ok. I decide to start over.

I catch Zekrom again, also in just two Poké Balls. Not only was Zekrom Adamant, but it had "Outstanding potential" and its attack "couldn't be better" (as per the Judge). And it only took me two tries!

FUCK YES! Wait for it... With a mustache.

After two days searching I encountered Feebas in Platinum :D
And of course after beating Lance in the old Gold version, he was very tough opponent then.

Black: Catching Kyurem with only Stoutland remaining
Platinum: Shiny Geodude

Catching a timid Volcarona with 31 sp.def IVs in a dive ball first time trying to catch it.

Also, a few hours later while breeding for Larvesta, I hatched one with flawless IVs (except for attack,) and a timid nature. My luckiest breeding moment ever, considering one parent had one flawless IV, and the other had two. :loopy:

Also, every time I manage to hit the correct delay + second while RNGing is a "yes" moment to me.

Also, a few hours later while breeding for Larvesta, I hatched one with flawless IVs (except for attack,) and a timid nature. My luckiest breeding moment ever, considering one parent had one flawless IV, and the other had two. :loopy:

Wow, you had some excellent luck there. Mine isn't as good but I'll share anyway:

A few days ago I decided to get a Graveler from Challenger's Cave. So I caught it and went back to the box in order to see what it was like. It had a Modest nature, so it wouldn't be much use in battle, but then I saw it had a "Mischevious" characteristic.

Knowing that that could mean it had a perfect IV, I went to talk to the guy in the Battle Subway that checks IVs. And what does he say when I show him the Graveler? HP, Attack and Special Attack are all the highest, and they "can't be better in that regard". I was extremely surprised that I got a wild Pokémon with three perfect IVs. Pity Golem can't learn any STAB special attacks in Gen V (and yes I did check what Hidden Power it would get - Dark)...

Recently? When Kyurem stayed in the ball without it even shakin while it could've killed my whole team with that damn Dragon Pulse an' Glaciate. It ate up a dozen or so balls beforehand, though.

I've bred a Pokemon with 3 perfect IVs, once. And the only stat to really lack is its Sp. Attack, while the rest are good.

Catching Legendary pokémon. Maybe not a big deal to most players, but for some reason, I always have bad luck with catching them.

Beating Red and narrowly beating Cynthia. Also catching a shiny Tauros in Soul Silver.

Some that I can remember are when:
-I saw my first shiny in Platinum (it was a Rhyhorn),
-I caught Giratina with an Ultra ball,
-I caught Latios with an Ultra ball in HG,
-I got 6 shiny Legendary Beasts
-When I beat the E4 for the 2nd time in HG
-When I got a pokemon with Pokerus in my Black version (2 days ago)

I was in the Battle Factory and we were both at our last Pokémon, my Aron against their Elekid. Aron was at yellow HP & its only attacks were Metal Claw and Aerial Ace, and one more ThunderPunch would have knocked it out. But for some reason, Elekid kept spamming Light Screen and I killed it and won. Lol.

- Catching Cobalion with one Premier Ball (low HP, sleep status).
- Catching Terrakion on my second Premier Ball (low HP, no status).
- Catching Virizion on my fourth Premier Ball (low HP, no status). This wasn't as cool as it could've been, though; I was hoping I'd get it on the third try, since it was the third of the beasts to be caught. XD

Best one:
- Catching Kyurem with one Premier Ball (low HP, no status), right after my boyfriend (who was attempting to catch Kyurem at the same time in his own game) said, "This is gonna take a looong time." He was pretty stunned. XD

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom