• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

^I love Scrafty so much :D
In Pearl I got a shiny Staravia and Purugly within two weeks of each other. I was all
[video=youtube;P3ALwKeSEYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs[/video]
I haven't gotten any other randomly generated shinies, but I did get the Pokérus (on my own) a month or so before BW came out. I was very happy :3

When I FINALLY found Feebas in Pokemon Emerald, I was like "OMG I have Feebas now, I can get Milotic, w00t!"

(Battle Between Me and Friend)

Me: *Uses LV.52 Typlosion*

Pal: *Uses Lv.55 Feraligatr*

Me: BLAST BURN!

Pal: *Ferilagtr faints!* WHAT THE?

Me: Not even a crictal...WIN.
Reminds me of the time I was fighting this kid and his level 75 Blastoise with my level 68 Charizard. I use Flamethrower, burn him instantly, and his Hydro cannon (which at the time I didn't even know was a move) only shears a third of my HP. Shame he pulled off his Wireless Adapter right afterwards... :mad:

When I FINALLY found Feebas in Pokemon Emerald, I was like "OMG I have Feebas now, I can get Milotic, w00t!"

I didn't feel like wasting time on a cartridge that I regularly played (Emerald), so I found one on my Sapphire instead, haha. One has evolved into a Milotic with the blessing of my many cloned berries. :p

Reminds me of the time I was fighting this kid and his level 75 Blastoise with my level 68 Charizard. I use Flamethrower, burn him instantly, and his Hydro cannon (which at the time I didn't even know was a move) only shears a third of my HP. Shame he pulled off his Wireless Adapter right afterwards... :mad:

Hate it when people do that. On the GTS Random matchup, I have much more Double Battle wins than it says because people keep cutting off the connection right after their last 'mon faints!

Got Kyurem in the fourth Ultra ball. I was prepared on using about fifty of them and trust me, I usually have very bad luck when I'm trying to catch legendaries.

* In my late Silver I traveled through the whirl Islands in search of Lugia. I had gone in without checking my balls because I was sure I had plenty of ultras. It's absolute HELL getting through that island but I finally make it to Lugia and of course save. I get into battle with it, weaken it and go to my bag for a ball. It turns out I have ONE great ball on me, that's it, that's the only ball I have! XP But it was such hell getting through the island I was not about to leave for more balls and do it again. So I decide to just keep restarting until the great ball works. So I throw the great ball, and BOOYAH! First try, it catches!

Even better than that though:
*I am battling Brock in my Leaf Green; my team consists of Pikachu(Wish), Ratatta(Hurricane), and my stater Charmander(Hot Guy). Obviously a horrible team for facing Brock XP. It gets down to Hurricane, and that little Ratatta held strong; with a mad combo of tail whip and quick attack and probably some potions but I don't remember for sure, he takes down Onix and wins the match for me! I was so proud of him!

When I was breeding a Ferrothorn for Stealth Rock about a month ago, I was able to find a Relaxed Female Ferroseed as my first encounter. I gave it an Everstone when breeding with a Dweeble that knew Stealth Rock, and it came out with a Relaxed Nature and a great characteristic! That was my lucky day :)

My battle with Ghetsis-

Go, Stoutland!
Ghetsis sends out Cofagrigus.
Stoutland uses Crunch.
*Cofagrigus faints*
Go, Conkelldurr!
Ghetsis sends out Bouffalant.
Conkelldurr uses Hammer Arm.
*Bouffalant faints*
Ghetsis sends out Bisharp.
Bisharp uses Iron Head, taking 1/4 of my HP.
Conkelldurr uses Hammer Arm.
*Bisharp faints*
Go, Serperior!
Ghetsis sends in Seismitoad.
Serperior uses Leaf Blade.
*Seismitoad faints*
Go, Galvantula!
Ghetsis sends in Eelektross.
Galvantula, Gastro Acid!
Eelektross uses Surf, damaging half of Galvantula's HP.
Go, Seismitoad!
Eelektross uses Wild Charge, no effect.
Seismitoad uses Earthquake.
*Eelektross faints*
Go, Conkelldurr!
Ghetsis sends in Hydreigon.
Hydreigon uses Dragon Pulse.
Conkelldurr barely survives, I use Full Restore.
Hydreigon uses Dragon Pulse, my health goes to about half.
Conkelldurr uses Hammer Arm, gets Hydreigon in critical zone.
Ghetsis uses a Full Restore, Conkelldurr uses Superpower, I get critical hit, and win.

N was much, much, much, much, harder.

Following that is a "Fuuuu" moment, I find out about the mega-leveled trainers. XP

When I caught a Sandile, thing was among one of my most wanteds in BW.

With intent to use it on Shauntal and Caitlin, right? I caught one, didn't use it, then, when the story forced me back to Relic Castle, decided to catch a Krokorok, it's now a level 100 Krookodile. Was my first level 100 in BW

My "YES" moments and there were many were things like receiving a shiny Charmander in Pro. Oak's Lab in HG and catching Suicune with a pokeball in SS. But there are so many I could not possibly go through all them =D

Yesterday I restarted my HeartGold and was playing today. I was at Bugsy. I beat everything they had (My team was Quilava, Flaaffy, Wooper, Spinnirak (Note spinnirak is the lowest level. Luckily "Fear is almost ariados) Hoothoot and Sentret.) and then I got to Scyther. They wiped out my whole team. Except for my level 11 Spinirak
This was pure luck

Scyther used Focus Energy!
Scyther is getting pumped!
Fear used Poison Sting!
(Scyther was left with one health after they had around two)
Scyther used Leer! (THANK GOD)
Fear used poison sting!

Fear is with me on my pokewalker now :D

When I battled the Sinnoh Elite Four on Platinum for the first time. My pokemon were slightly underleveled but I went for it and somehow blazed straight through. (With the slight exception of Cynthia, who was more difficult than the others.)

Anytime I catch a roaming legendary is a YES! moment for me.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom