• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

A Yes moment of mine was in Pokémon Fire Red, when my Electabuzz named Jay gained +16 in Speed after giving him 10 Carbons and battling 152 Magikarps.

The proof :
Jay.jpg

(For those who wonders, Elektek is Electabuzz's french name. At the time I didn't nickname him)

Two nights ago, I get skunked on getting a shiny Golurk. Irritated, I look through the listings again and spot a level 100 Japanese Golurk (normal coloration) that's holding a Blue Flute. All the Trainer wants is a Patrat, any Patrat. I head to Striaton, start looking through the grass, catch a female Patrat and trade.

(Before you ask, this guy is legit and was with his Trainer since October of last year; I think all she was doing was clearing out her boxes. Some days, I really love the GTS.)

The awesome moment when my Hitmonlee survived a critical hit from the rival's Charizard's Aerial Ace with 8 HP, then retaliate with Rock Slide and kills it instantly. :D

I get a second DW Golett from the GTS. Little guy has a nickname (Dogū) and a bit of training. For the heck of it, I take him to the judge in Nimbasa.

Relatively superior potential. No, he's not perfect but he'll be an in-game monster on B2. I think I found my Golett partner for October. :awww:

Finally... after three years of restarting, learning all I can about Pokemon and trying out a new Starter- Turtwig - on Pearl... I HAVE FINALLY BEATEN CYNTHIA!!! I have one thing to say: Leech Seed is awesome!

One of my Yes moments was my first shiny since I was about 3. It was last year, I caught it in platinum. I was like YESSSSSSS!!! And rolled around the carpet. I also rang my friends not one of them has found a shiny (Besides that Gyarados). It was a girafarig. I caught it on June 27th, 2011. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Also when I clocked 300 hours on my SS.

When you have a chance to catch Ho-Oh in SS, I had about 60 Ultra balls. Used every single one. Had a pokéball and a luxury ball left. Threw the pokéball. 3 Shakes. Shoot, It was so close too ¬.¬ Then I used the luxury ball. It cought it. My last pokeballs :D

Getting both Diamond and Platinum for the one berfday :D

When my freind gave me a Breloom :O :O

Thats about it. How do you guys find so many shinies? I've played 303 hours on my SS, And only found Gyarados :l

How do you guys find so many shinies? I've played 303 hours on my SS, And only found Gyarados :l

Most of the time, it's luck. But you can enhance the chance of getting a shiny via the Daycare by using the "Masuda Method". Just get a foreign Pokémon from the GTS (a japanese Magikarp or a german Nidoking for example) and take one of your Pokémons so the two of them can breed together.

Rather than encountering Shiny Pokémon with a probability of 1/8192, the Masuda method lets players breed Pokémon of differing real-world geographical origin with a 1/1639 (Generation IV) or 1/1366 (Generation V) probability of being Shiny upon hatching.

This means that in Diamond / Pearl / Platinum / Heart Gold / Soul Silver, the odds of having a shiny will be increased by five times, while in Black and White it is six times as much.

Any time I get an awesome nicknamed shiny Pokemon. x3 I'm getting a head start on my living Pokedex for White 2, and last Friday (my usual GTS days since school started), I found not 1, not 2, but 3 shiny nicknamed Pokemon! An Azumarill, a Tentacruel, and a Landorus! I was sure that must have been some kind of fantastic daydream, or a blessing from god, but I was like "WOW" the next day when I checked and saw I wasn't dreaming! I guess those three trainers really wanted a level 50 Washibon, a level 100 Mewtwo, and a level 1-9 female Oddish respectively! It's moments like these, rare as they are, that keep me from rage-quitting the GTS. If you're patient enough, you'll find what you're searching for indeed!

Not a ginormous "YES!" but I'm pretty satisfied. I spent about 45 minutes combing through the GTS trying to find UT Dream World females, and ended up obtaining a Swablu and Wobbuffet, along with a Bronzor and Solrock. This brings my DW female total up to seven. :) (I haven't been trying particularly hard!) Now, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but can non-gendered Pokemon pass down their hidden abilities with a Ditto, or no?

Also, two of them (Swablu and Bronzor, if you're curious) say they're from "Faraway Place" instead of Entree Forest. Does this mean they're from Black 2/White 2, or somewhere else?

making it through the first round of the Pokemon World Championships 2012 qualifiers.
But I didn't make it past the second round..... :/
when I chained my very first shiny on my Platinum game after trying for a year
when I finished my living pokedex on Platinum
And when I finished the rest of my living pokedex on white :3
and pretty much every single shiny I've encountered XD.

making it through the first round of the Pokemon World Championships 2012 qualifiers.
But I didn't make it past the second round..... :/
when I chained my very first shiny on my Platinum game after trying for a year
when I finished my living pokedex on Platinum
And when I finished the rest of my living pokedex on white :3
and pretty much every single shiny I've encountered XD.

Finding a lvl 30 Skorupi in the Great Marsh. Took me about 2 hours, but I finally found one.
Also, when just going through the traps in Team Rocket's HQ in Mahogany Town in SS, I just happened to encounter a shiny Koffing. So happy I almost cried...

Whenever I catch a legendary with a pokeball. Most recently, Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion. It's a good day when that happens.

About half an hour ago in Pokemon World Tournament Hoenn League finale I got last Heracross with about 40 hp and didnt know which one will be enemies last pokemon and we drew out Walrein! I outsped it, Super Effective Close Combat and I won

This happend in Black 2:

Gym Leader Burgh sent out Levanny! (Gym Leader's Last Pokemon Battle theme plays)

Go, Audino!

Foe Lavanny used Razor Leaf!

Audino used Attract! Foe Lavanny fell in love with Audino!

Audino recovered a little HP from Leftovers.

Audino fainted!

Go, Riolu!

Riolu used Counter!

Foe Lavanny fainted!

I was so relived, because none of my Pokemon would be able to stand a chance against Lavanny. The Pokemon I had left were (I think), Flaffy and Dewott. By the way, Riolu survived Lavanny's Razor Leaf with only 7 HP left.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom