• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

Is it wrong that one of mine was finding Delcatty in White 2? I am sending her over to my White version game, I am so close to finishing my pokedex lol.

When I was battling my cousin. I had defeated three of his Pokémon, until his Tyranitar came out. That monster destroyed almost all my team. It was down to my cousin's Tyranitar vs my Porygon-Z. I was at disadvantage because Tyranitar was his fourth Pokémon, while Porygon-Z was my last. I had already given up in my mind and I realized I had lost the battle, because my Porygon-Z's moveset is:

-Tri Attack
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse

Tri Attack and Dark Pulse would hit him non-effectively, Ice Beam would have dealt few damage and Psychic wouldn't have dealt damage at all. Then, I got an idea. I decided to use Tri Attack in hopes that it would freeze Tyranitar. I knew it was almost imposible...

BUT IT DID. The thing froze Tyranitar. It didn't burn him or paralyze him. NO. It froze him. He never thawed out and I managed to beat it with Tri Attack after Tri Attack. My cousin couldn't believe it, nor could I. After that, Dragonite came out, and I immediately defeated it with Ice Beam. Then, Arcanine came out, but my Porygon-Z has full Special Attack, has the Adaptability ability and is holding a Silk Scarf, so a Tri Attack was more than enough to 1-Hit KO him. It was awesome. I won the battle out of pure luck.

Last edited:
Clearing floor 8 of The White tree hollow in less than 1000 steps and 5 battles on my first try.

When I was battling my cousin. I had defeated three of his Pokémon, until his Tyranitar came out. That monster destroyed almost all my team. It was down to my cousin's Tyranitar vs my Porygon-Z. I was at disadvantage because Tyranitar was his fourth Pokémon, while Porygon-Z was my last. I had already given up in my mind and I realized I had lost the battle, because my Porygon-Z's moveset is:

-Tri Attack
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse

Tri Attack and Dark Pulse would hit him non-effectively, Ice Beam would have dealt few damage and Psychic wouldn't have dealt damage at all. Then, I got an idea. I decided to use Tri Attack in hopes that it would freeze Tyranitar. I knew it was almost imposible...

BUT IT DID. The thing froze Tyranitar. It didn't burn him or paralyze him. NO. It froze him. He never thawed out and I managed to beat it with Tri Attack after Tri Attack. My cousin couldn't believe it, nor could I. After that, Dragonite came out, and I immediately defeated it with Ice Beam. Then, Arcanine came out, but my Porygon-Z has full Special Attack, has the Download ability and is holding a Silk Scarf, so a Tri Attack was more than enough to 1-Hit KO him. It was awesome. I won the battle out of pure luck.

This is more of a PEE YOUR PANTS moment. Haha. Awesome. I only remember Tri-Attack on Dodrio!

I just caught Cobalion in Black 2 with just my SECOND Ultra Ball. Yes! :D

Now I can use the other balls I stocked up on to get Verizion. I waited until Opelucid City so I could get Timer Balls, and then I went back for Cobalion. Of course, I bumped into Virizion on the way. I'll be going for him next.

Still, this has to be the best luck I've had catching a legendary since I caught Zapdos in Platinum with an Ultra Ball while it was STILL NEAR FULL HEALTH and had NO status conditions. Just wow, man.

Last edited:
This is more of a PEE YOUR PANTS moment. Haha. Awesome. I only remember Tri-Attack on Dodrio!

I know right? LOL. I mean, Tri Attack only has a 20% chance of delivering a status problem, and it worked for me. Plus, out of all the three status problems it can give, it gave just the exact one I needed. I couldn't believe it.

Yeah, Tri Attack was good on Dodrio until the physical/special split. Now, Dodrio can't make much good use of it. Porygon-Z, however, has it as its most powerful attack (unless you go for Hyper Beam if you're willing to stay useless for a turn).

Nasty Plot + Hyper Beam + Adaptability destroys Blissey. =p

When I Dual Chopped Iris's Hydreigon with my Magmar. Yes, Dual Chop, of all the moves I could use.

Nasty Plot + Hyper Beam + Adaptability destroys Blissey. =p

I got it all mixed up, my Porygon-Z's ability is not Download; it's Adaptability. I get confused all the time. I think Download is called Adaptability and vice versa.

... Your profile picture is so disturbing, by the way D:

I dont see how one can confuse those two abilities, aside of the fact they are both useful. O_O

I BE EATIN' YER FRUITS :V

I dont see how one can confuse those two abilities, aside of the fact they are both useful. O_O

I BE EATIN' YER FRUITS :V

No no, I meant it as in I confuse the names, not the effects. I get the names mixed up.

No, really, it really creeps me out D:!

I just got my first critical capture ever! And on a rare Pokemon too! YES! ^^

It happened with a Throh I ran into while training my Oshawott in Black that I got in a trade. I'd run out of Great Balls and Ultra Balls trying to get the damn thing, and once I chucked a Timer Ball, one of my favorites, actually, critical capture! Woo! Throh is rare in Black because it's only found in shaking bushes in the route between Nacrene City and Pinwheel Forest.

Recently, when I caught Mesprit and Cressila on White 2...in a normal Poke Ball. XD

When my Infernape, Chim Chim leveled up to Lv. 100 on Cythia's Lucario in Pokemon White 2!!!

I bought Black on midnight release. I bought Black because I liked the version exclusives, especially Cottonee. So at about 4 AM, I entered Pinwheel Forest for the first time. It's the first area I can catch a Cottonee for my team, right? In the first wild battle... I found... a shiny Cottonee.

Yes, I caught her. My heart was pounding that morning. I couldn't fall asleep until well past 5 AM. My heart is beating a little fast just recalling it all.

When my Swadloon evolved into Leavanny during my first W run-through.
Sad maybe, but yes that's all it took for me to fist-pump at the moment haha

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom