• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

mine was beating the elite 4 in diamond for the first time, considering my team leader had a type disadvantage (infernape) especially with the ground elite 4 it was pretty hard

when i took down alder in white his volcarona took down my team leader thanks to 6 quiver dance and a hyper beam. used fusion bolt and it went down

Last edited by a moderator:
I was facing one of the Infielders in Big Stadium. My Lanturn had a beating from his Unfezant (confusion damage played a part of it). He sends out Krookodile, and knowing he'll outspeed my Lanturn, I accidentally had it KO'd. Moxie activates. As it was the only mon that I have that is at a good enough level, I send out a fodder mon so I can use a revive. Moxie again after a Foul Play. Then another fodder mon so I can use a Hyper Potion. Moxie again after starting Outrage. I sent out my recently recovered Lanturn.

He survives a thrice-Moxied Outrage and uses Surf, defeating the Krookodile.

I thought I was going to black out there.

I wanted a female Snivy because I wanted to name her Severa, but I kept on getting male, and yes I know it's a low chance to get female, but I finally got it on around my hundredth try. When it was finally female, I almost cried tears of joy.

I practiced Masuda breeding for a while now. And after 700+ eggs, I finally get a SHINY - a GORGEOUS SHINY Charmander. I almost cried my eyes out.
After that, I tried to get a shiny EEVEE and 7 eggs after that, here he is. Now he is my TANK BLUE-RING Umbreon! :((((

Guess my lucky number is 7!

Being on vacation and taking my 3DS but not spotting any shinies on the GTS. I had tons of Legends to trade but that might have been a problem. The hotel I was staying in had very spotty wi-fi and it would often kick me off; I was so glad I didn't have to do any trading while I was there.

A "YES!" moment for me, would be at anytime during the game, that I catch a Pokemon I've set my eyes on and really want, and really want to work with.
Specifically legendaries, of course, and starters, but also those Pokemon that people might not enjoy themselves.

Someone offered up a DW Dageki holding a Lucky Egg. They wanted a Reshiram and I had a spare--a level 100 Jolly one--so I traded. The Sawk I got was Jolly and "liked to thrash about" so I got him judged.

Outstanding and perfect in HP, Attack and Speed. Much better than the Reshi I gave up and totally worth it, too.

Wow. This thread needs a long awaited new post. ^-^
Playing on Emerald today, and battling Juan. I taught my Manectric Thunder, just to see if it could be useful or not, and lord behold it was. xD. An accuracy of 70 percent, used it three times on Sealeo, Crawdaunt, and Kingdra. Hit all three times. ^-^ I was so proud of my Emma (my Manectric). :D Hehe, let's just hope the luck keeps coming when it comes Wallace's turn to battle me. >83

I just basically defeated the Elite Four, and Wallace, on Pokemon Emerald, with just my Swampert and Manectric... Sure, I had other Pokemon with me, but they were for HM's (and for sacrifices xD) I actually, to admit, beat the whole game with just those two...
I feel so acomplished right now....So all I can say is...
YESSSSSSS!!!!!
Just watching my Swampert and Manectric take down Wallace's pokemon and the elite four's pokemon was a brilliant and fulfilling thing. :) Whew. I feel so happy now. ;D

I'm at Join Avenue last night and do the raffle...AND I WON THE FREAKING MASTER BALL. I've been trying to win one for months and last night it finally happened.

Any Pokémon in mind to capture with this Master Ball ? :D

Got an Imposter Ditto from the Hidden Grotto. After catching it, I had it judged.

Relatively superior, with all but one stat in the 20's. That other stat had only 4 IVs, but I kept it. :3

Might as well bring this back... With a "yes" from today:

Getting the One and Only medal on my first try with my Volcarona. She's a beast, I tell ya. Came prepared with a few Charti Berries for her to carry; only one was used.

That Champion battle was tough. In the end, Volcarona barely survived a Double Dragon Dance Outrage from Haxorus before finishing it off. That alone made me shout "YES" on top of my lungs.

In case anyone asks, her moves were Bug Buzz, Fiery Dance, Morning Sun (passed down via breeding), and Psychic. Fiery Dance is awesome, espectally when the +Sp. Attack effect activates. :D

- Encountering Cresselia as Shiny the first time I battled it in Black 2 and still having a Master Ball with me.

- Getting a 100% legit fateful encounter Shiny Manaphy (which is INCREDIBLY rare) in return for a spare Arceus I had on the GTS.

- Numerous other ridiculous trades on the GTS that got me rare legit Pokémon such as Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, a Shiny Phione, etc.

I'm at Join Avenue last night and do the raffle...AND I WON THE FREAKING MASTER BALL. I've been trying to win one for months and last night it finally happened.

Any Pokémon in mind to capture with this Master Ball ? :D
It'll probably be used on a roamer or a shiny. I have a tendency to horde.

Getting a female Bulbasaur straight up, no chaser from Sycamore. It took me so long to get a female Froakie that I thought this might be the same thing but nope. First Bulby had a female gender. She's Bold but I don't care. I can breed and get me some other starters!

Catching Latias. Nothing flashy. Oh, and getting a shiny Piloswine. And getting a shiny leaf.

Catching 2 shinies in Y in the timelapse of 2 days : Ariados & Bergmite (Terminus Cave & Friend Safari respectively).

Finally defeating Trainer Red after countless attempts!
My Pokémon were like only lvl. 53 and I was too lazy to get them to a high level :\ I struggled but eventually got the victory!
"YES! YES! YES!" -Daniel Bryan

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom