• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

Maybe not so much a "Yes!" moment as much as a few "cackling with satisfied and amused glee" moments.

At one point, I bred and raised a very interesting Aggron for online battling:

Aggron@Assault Vest
Rock Head
Careful
252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Atk

Double Edge
Iron Head
Earthquake
Head Smash

What this does, specifically the Nature, EV spread and Item, is make Aggron, a mon notorious for its absolutely dismal special defense, a disturbingly sturdy wall. also, Rock Head+Head Smash is too fun. There have been two notable "gleefully cackling moments" I've had with this Aggron for different reasons.

1) in a singles match, my opponent, aware of Aggron's usual defenses/lack thereof, switches to hard-hitting special attacking water type. Next turn, my opponent strikes with a strong water attack, which is 2X super-effective vs. Aggron, and only shaves off a tiny sliver of Aggron's HP. Speaking with my opponent afterward, they told me their reaction quite literally was "the f--k?"

2) in a doubles match (VGC 14 format on Showdown), this same Aggron was paired with a prankster/safeguard/swagger partner. It knows Head Smash, with Rock Head as its ability. I know it's not a reliable competitive setup, especially with those 4x ground/fighting weaknesses of Aggron's, but this setup is more about the hilarity of derp-smashing the entire enemy team with swagger-boosted no-recoil Head Smash. those matches where it worked, were amusing indeed.

Maybe not so much a "Yes!" moment as much as a few "cackling with satisfied and amused glee" moments.

At one point, I bred and raised a very interesting Aggron for online battling:

Aggron@Assault Vest
Rock Head
Careful
252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Atk

Double Edge
Iron Head
Earthquake
Head Smash

What this does, specifically the Nature, EV spread and Item, is make Aggron, a mon notorious for its absolutely dismal special defense, a disturbingly sturdy wall. also, Rock Head+Head Smash is too fun. There have been two notable "gleefully cackling moments" I've had with this Aggron for different reasons.

1) in a singles match, my opponent, aware of Aggron's usual defenses/lack thereof, switches to hard-hitting special attacking water type. Next turn, my opponent strikes with a strong water attack, which is 2X super-effective vs. Aggron, and only shaves off a tiny sliver of Aggron's HP. Speaking with my opponent afterward, they told me their reaction quite literally was "the f--k?"

2) in a doubles match (VGC 14 format on Showdown), this same Aggron was paired with a prankster/safeguard/swagger partner. It knows Head Smash, with Rock Head as its ability. I know it's not a reliable competitive setup, especially with those 4x ground/fighting weaknesses of Aggron's, but this setup is more about the hilarity of derp-smashing the entire enemy team with swagger-boosted no-recoil Head Smash. those matches where it worked, were amusing indeed.

Best tips ever. I'm going to try this on my 6V Aggron :D

A yes moment for me was when I evolved my shiny Buneary :) I wasn't sure when it would evolve, but now that it did, I'd be able to use it online sooner than expected.

Winning a Master Ball in the ID Lotto in X not once, not twice, but THREE times, all in a row. I've already got plans to transfer at least one to ORAS, not sure what I'm gonna do with the other two atm.

^ You got me beat but this is a "YES" for me.

Two nights ago, I nailed the Master Ball in the Lotto. This is the first time I have ever won the ID Lotto in any Gen with wifi capability. I've gotten the consolation prize multiple times, but never the Ball. The Pokemon that won it for me? A shiny Sassy Klutz Golett that I took in while playing Gen V. To say this little guy will be spoiled is putting it mildly.

<insert paragraph about why I love saving shiny Automatons here>

<insert paragraph about why I love saving shiny Automatons here>

I'll take that challenge!

I love saving shiny Golett because it's so gosh darn cute! And it's typing is just AMAZING! Oh, and it's based off of Golems, isn't that cool? They also remind me of Transformers which just makes them cooler!

And now for me. Yesterday, a friend traded me a 4IV Joltik that I had asked for earlier that day. However, when they gave it to me, they said that they had gotten it from a another trade and had forgotten to check it's IV's. So imagine my surprise when I checked it and found that it actually had ALL PERFECT IV'S!

I just cleared all 50 Super Single battles at the Battle Maison. I know it's probably not too special, but it's the first time I ever accomplished such a thing, so I am as happy as a Clamperl. Woo hoo!!

Mine was definently when I hatched an Eevee egg and it was a shiny! That actually happened... two days ago so I am still pretty pumped about it. I was going to take a breeding break but I put my newly hatched shiny eevee in the daycare today along with a spanish eevee mate :p

Mine was when I completed my pokedex in my Black 2 run, including all events, had to go through so many GTS negociations and normal trades for it :)

I remember how long it took to breed a female Timid Espeon with 31 IVs in all stats except Attack and its HA, but now i decided to breed a Jolteon but with its normal ability.

Took me 20 minutes.

The few times I've recieved a Pokemon over the GTS only to discover that it's shiny.

On rare occasions you come across generous people like that on the GTS: the other week I got a shiny Eevee (now an Espeon) in return for a normal, common Pokemon.

I had a major one today when I hatched a 5 iv missing attack female Eevee with its HA for a future Hyper Voice Pixilate Sylveon (assuming it becomes a tutor move in ORAS, which I think it will). That's a 1 in 70 hatch. Thank you Time Machine Breeding.

Got a level 100 shiny Mew that actually looks legit just for trading my Blazikenite (Looks like its from the Emerald event and someone just soft reset for it, moveset and such look legit, although its American, not Japanese)

Listening to SSB4's N's Castle Remix... The shudders on my spine are real! The throwback was amazing! My favorite stage by far!

Oh, wait... X/Y? Another perfect Vulpix!

Found a shiny male Riolu in Y yesterday in a friend safari! :3 I had literally not even encountered five or more pokemon when he showed up! What's better, is that he has his hidden ability. :3 Needless to say, I was happy, and named him Diego. ;D

Beating the Champion for the first time in Sapphire. You never forget that kind of thing.

Also, recently when I went back to my old Pinball game, I found that I never actually completed it, so it's always a "YES!" moment when I get a new Pokémon there.

When I heard the theme for the Gym Leader's last Pokemon in BW for the first time. On that note, another moment that made me YES! was when the Unova Gym Leaders come to the rescue and back you up as soon as you enter N's Castle.

Recently I hatched a decent Shiny Clauncher.

So I finally picked up my Event Pumpkaboo. The game decided to be nice and give me an HA Female one first time around.

Guess I don't need to soft reset for it! :yahoo:

When I finally completed my Pokedex in Y and got the Shiny and Oval Charm. :3 Took me a week of non-stop playing/trading to get it finished, and now I can put it aside and start hunting those Kalos shinies! o3o

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom