• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

I got two "Yes!" moments. I finally found a shiny today. A shiny Gabite in the Friend Safari....and it feels so special finally finding a shiny again, since my last shiny from the friend safari was back in June 1th this year. I searched almost everyday since that day. My original goal was a shiny Druddigon, but I'm just so happy after finding whatever shiny after that long dry period. The worst is that I even had the shiny charm...I also searched in hordes for other shinies, but nothing. Hope the shinies will appear more often now.

Second "Yes!" moment.
The Shiny Gabite's random nature was Jolly! and it got Rough Skin as his ability. and 31 ivs in Attack and Defense...then a "FUUUU!"-moment....0 Iv's in Sp.Def... T__T

When I went into Gamestop, my mom asked for a code card for me and my sister, and the person at the counter gave it to us without even mentioning pre-ordering :D

Finding Mewtwo lurking in that cave. Crafty little devil, he is ;) Then I caught him in about fifteen balls— one quick, two ultra, and the rest timer. Good ol' Vaporeon kept him frozen.
Someone trading me a shiny Scoropi!
Getting a 5IV Growlithe over Wonder Trade.
When my Fletchinder evolved into Talonflame, and when Amaura evolved ^_^
The fact that Pikachu is less than thirteen levels away from 100!! (I caught him at level 3)
Finding out just how awesome it is to watch my Skiddo(who is really Zoruark) use Flamethrower XD

I was hatching the rejected eggs from IV breeding so I can send them off through wonder trade, 3 out of the 5 female Fletchling hatched has perfect 5IVs. Now I need to breed one of my Fletchlings with my Imposter 6IV Ditto.

My "YES!" moments

When I caught Articuno in FireRed, it killed it so many times I even started crying but it was worth it. When I captured Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave that was one of the best things to ever happen in that game. When I defeated Gary Oak/Blue and the following cutscene where the Professor came and lead me to the room to scan my Pokémon into the database thingy. When I stealed Entei in Colosseum in Mt. something but it had numbers and stuff but it was before I caught Articuno so it's more important to me. Also this one time when I was finishing the main story of Platinum and captured Giratina in the Distortion World with my Master Ball. Im almost done, in FireRed when I curbstomped the Elite Four with my Charizard level 90 (it was 90 something else but I don't remember exactly). And finally White where I easily captured Thundurus and when at long last finished the game, from 2011 when I bought it to 2014 but just like those 39 or more deaths of Articuno...it was all worth it.

PS: Well I noticed that I use a lot of the letter ''i''

Last edited:
Got two:

Two weeks ago, I was finishing up another run in the Battle Maison. Nita sent out her Purugly while I sent out a Bisharp. The Bisharp dodged three Hypnosis attacks in a row then KO'd the cat in two hits. Afterward, I switched to my Golurk and he took the rest of the battle with no real problems. If you want to see it look for this battle video: MAWG-WWWW-WWW9-V7EJ.

Second one: I'm checking the GTS last night and spot a level 1 Golett that supposedly has No Guard. The trainer wants a level 91+ Ditto for it. So I go looking for a Ditto and find a shiny one that's level 100 and named Booger. I trade for it--it costs me a Groudon--and get ready to trade. Only I notice that all six of its markings have been highlighted. I raise an eyebrow, hop off the GTS and head to the judge in Kiloude. What he tells me causes my jaw to drop--the Ditto is flawless with 6IVs! Needless to say, I kept that one and searched for another Ditto that was used to save that poor breeding scrap of a Golett.

Booger is currently in Daycare with Riser, one of my Adamant No Guard Golurk that was caught in a Friend Safari. Flawless shiny No Guard Golett, here I come! :XD:

Okay, so I was breeding Weedles for the upcoming Mega Beedrill... I got one with perfect IVs spread. Sounds like a good, yet regular Yes moment. Now, let's take it "Up to Eleven" and make it so this one Weedle is shiny too ! Now I can't wait to see what the Shiny coloration of Mega Beedrill looks like :D

I was trading some leftover eggs I had just hatched though wondertrade, something I hardly ever do.
So I hardly pay any attention when -- holy f*** a shiny ditto!
Looked at the thing: level 100, shiny, Pokerus, Japanese from Unova and 6IV's!!.
This thing is obviously RNG'd or hacked, and I already had a team of "breeding pimps", but this is so much better!
Never thought I'd ever be in the possesion of one!

I just won my fifth Master Ball in the Lotto ID. This time it was due to Quacklin', the Farfetch'd that you trade Bunnelby for at the start of the game, an IN-GAME trade, not a Wonder Trade or anything. In-game trades have never netted me anything in Lotto IDs, let alone a Master Ball. I'll never doubt an in-game trade again. Guess at least one more of those Master Balls is going to ORAS, as I have no more use for them right now (unless I find a Shiny that has Whirlwind or the like, so I don't blow it... eheheh, no pun intended).

A couple of years ago while I was playing Gold under the effects of sleep deprivation, I ran into Suicune in the middle of training my Larvitar. It was completely unexpected and my senses didn't care enough at the time to try and make an honest attempt at ensnaring it, so I just threw some random ball at it with no expectations whatsoever. Surprisingly, I actually caught it - full health and everything. The next day I bought a lottery ticket.

I didn't win anything

Earlier today, I managed to breed a Scraggy with 6 perfect IVs. It doesn't have a Nature I can take advantage of and this is probably something that isn't special at all, but this Scraggy should make IV breeding much easier, so that's more than enough to be a plus for me.

My "YES!" moments:
1.Getting my 1st EVER Shiny in X (Shiny Breloom)
2.Getting a SHINY Amaura in a trade in Y. Untouched, too! :)
3.Catching Zygarde with NO potions left.

Yesterday, I received a Marvel Scale Dratini from a friend with 2 max IV's, and I just started breeding them with 6IV Ditto. In the very first batch there was a 6 IV female Dratini with Marvel Scale! The hatchee next to it only has 2! Talk about lucky!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom