• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

Well I seem to have been getting very lucky with my catches lately, since this morning I caught Cobalion first try in a luxury ball!

Fishing up a Feebas right away on my first cast, following it up by using the DexNav to hunt down more and ended up netting two, 2-star potential Feebas, one male and one female, each with an Egg Move (Iron Tail and Dragon Pulse, respectively). Might breed them together with a Destiny Knot to see what it gives me.

Took my shiny Mega Lopunny to the Battle Spot, and she made a fantastic debut in Doubles :D Even though she only had three useful moves, she made use of them nicely. I'm so proud of her.

Now what fourth move should I pick for her...

To all those who have shinies... I hate you. T_T My only shiny is the Gyarados from the Lake of Rage in SS... hmm, maybe I'll have better luck with shinies in X. Or in White if I ever pick it up (screw you so hard, Lance, you're the only reason I can't finish SoulSilver)... now, I know what you're going to say, and I do realise I don't have to finish one game in order to pick up another, but... I dunno. I just kind of like doing things in order, I guess? (Though that kind of went to hell the minute I picked up X... xDDD IDEK anymore.)

Anyway, back on topic now... IDK if I've posted this already, but a big moment was finding my favourite Pokemon in X: Pikachu. OhmigoshIloveitsomuch <333 (I grew up with the anime so... yeah. ehehe)

Last edited:
A friend of mine bred me a Camerupt for me TR team and i got curious of its Hidden Power. I go to Anistar city thinking "It would be awesome if it had HP Ice, but nah the game is going to give me a crappy HP" and the guy says my Numel has Hidden Power Ice.

In my Alpha Sapphire game, I have been using the DexNav to acquire pokemon with specific abilities and/or moves to make a stronger in game team. I just caught a level 22 Zubat with Bravebird in granite cave. Since I was holding out for this specific egg move, this is a definite yes moment.

Not what most would consider a yes moment, but....
I walked into the battle mansion, single battle challenge. A random waitress is my opponent. She says: "Aren't you that champion?"
WOAH! Hold it! Did a non-plot important character aknowledge I am the champion?? YESSSSSS! THANK YOU GF!
Then I swept her team with my (non-shiny) mega Metagross...

I decided to do my own distribution of Beldum leftovers from my shiny breeding I did in Y version. I searched through the Bank boxes of Beldums, and I found 22 Beldums with 4Vs to 5Vs. (I still got 3 more boxes of Beldums left... which I'll trade later) I marked them and placed them in a separate PC box. Then I sent them all on Wonder Trade. I wanted to attach some rocks (Hard Stones, Float Stones, etc...) for fun, but I didn't have any. I should do that later for my Aron distribution XD

Major Yes Moments:

1. From the Beldum boxes, I found a 6V Beldum, which, of course, I saved for myself :D I already have a 6V Metagross, but one more is always welcome.
2. I got a Feebas with Adaptability, Mirror Coat, and Brine in one of the trades. Sweet.
3. I got a female Ralts in a LUXURY BALL and a bunch of egg moves. Unfortunately, it had Trace as the ability, but still nice. I'm going to transfer it over to Y version and get my new Luxury Ball Gallade :3 (It would be awesome if I could get a Shiny in a Luxury Ball :D)

I got two pokemon that I like from 22 trades. I'd say it was successful.

Last edited:
Getting the Aggronite in ORAS made me go this way :

153140.gif

This morning, I was playing Alpha Sapphire while on the bus to work and got Latias! :D I was a bit confused on where my 3DS had gotten the Eon ticket from and the best possible places at the mall is Level up and Gamestop a week before Thanksgiving when me and my brother were shopping for games and the mall was full of people. So apparently, my 3DS had the Eon ticket for well over a week now.

Wait... isn't Omega Ruby supposed to get Eon Ticket for Latias while Alpha Sapphire get Eon Ticket for Latios? I'm confused.

Anyway, I got Latias; she has neutral nature so I checked her stats for IVs but they're defensive. I'm brawn so I like to attack, not defensive or supporting. XD So I've resetted but I realised it was annoying because of talk and battle with Team Aqua... I got Latias... she has Bold nature and checked her stats... she has about 31/5/28/31/30/31 IVs! I guess I'll try to be defensive or support. :D

I got the Eon Ticket from StreetPass! The once-elusive Latios shall be mine soon! (Alpha Sapphire)

Wait... isn't Omega Ruby supposed to get Eon Ticket for Latias while Alpha Sapphire get Eon Ticket for Latios? I'm confused.

Anyway, I got Latias; she has neutral nature so I checked her stats for IVs but they're defensive. I'm brawn so I like to attack, not defensive or supporting. XD So I've resetted but I realised it was annoying because of talk and battle with Team Aqua... I got Latias... she has Bold nature and checked her stats... she has about 31/5/28/31/30/31 IVs! I guess I'll try to be defensive or support. :D

I also have Alpha Sapphire, and got Latias through the story, so I got no Eon ticket yet. Well, one less legendary Pokemon to worry about now that I got Latias.

I just bred not one, but two Oshawott that I feel deserve a shout-out. One of them is shiny and has perfect IVs in every stat except HP and the other has perfect IVs in every single stat. Plus, both of them are Modest, which is great for how I am planning to use them. When I bred the latter, I actually exclaimed, "absolutely perfect." Today must be my lucky day!

Catching Kyogre with Master Ball may be unimpressed but having same nature as in original Sapphire I got Kyogre with. Both Kyogre have modest nature. And it was first try. :D Déjà vu! I'm keeping it anyway so I don't care if 3 max IVs in wrong stats. :)

I got the Eon Ticket today. I took my system to a college football game today, passed by 2 people, and it seems one of them must've had it. Still... I did NOT expect that at all!

On Battle Spot Free Doubles, the opponent's Talonflame OHKO'd my Volcarona with Brave Bird, and then proceeded to kill itself with a combo of recoil damange, Life Orb damage, Rocky Helmet damage AND Sandstorm damage. Once that Talonflame was taken care of, I won.

I was in a battle, and it was down to my (nearly dead) Scizor vs a fully healed Frosslass and Aurorus. I was all ready to lose when Scizor OHKO Aurorus and avoided Frosslass attack. Then Scizor would have OHKO Frosslass, but it had a Focus Sash and ultimately won.

But that was such a cool turn around, I don't even care that I did lose!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom