• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

Catching Primal Groudon in Omega Retcon (the first encounter) with a PokeBall after three days of trying.

My latest yes moment was getting to meet some fellow Pokémon fans at MCM London as well as having a battle and getting a Beldum in a trade I also got a free Mew off another guy
was an epic weekend

I was fighting Burgh in Black 2, severely underlevelled, down to my last Pokémon - a level 16 Magnemite XD.

His Leavanny had pwned the rest of my team, and Magnemite was on 11 HP. I had used up all my potions.

Suddenly, I saw 'Leavanny used (I've forgotten the move)! But it missed! Magnemite used SonicBoom! A critical hit! Leavanny fainted.'

YEEEES!

Suddenly, I saw 'Leavanny used (I've forgotten the move)! But it missed! Magnemite used SonicBoom! A critical hit! Leavanny fainted.'

YEEEES!
Are you sure you used SonicBoom there ? That move can't critically strike because it always deals 20 HP of damage. But still, congrats on beating Burgh with such a low odd of winning :)

I was battling Ghetsis in Pokemon White, and he had his Hydreigon out and I sent out my Vanilluxe. First Hydreigon tried to use focus blast and missed, and Vanilluxe used ice beam. This brought Hydreigon down to red health and froze it. Ghetsis used a full restore (of course) but then I had Vanilluxe use another ice beam and froze it again! The next turn Hydreigon stayed frozen and Vanilluxe knocked it out.

And that's how I beat Ghetsis's infamous Hydreigon with an ice cream cone. :p

The GTS has been pretty kind to me as of late:

First, when I was trying to breed a Sableye I needed a 'mon to pass a 0 Speed IV from a 'mon in the Feild Egg Group onto it, and the Buneary I got off there in exchange for a Meditite came in a Dream Ball, had four Egg Moves, a Jolly Nature and a few perfect IVs.

Second, I wanted to breed an Intimidate Scrafty, but I didn't have one. Fortunately, the second Scraggy I got off the GTS had Intimidate, a couple perfect IVs and the Egg Moves Dragon Dance, Fake Out, Drain unch and Feint Attack. And the 'mon I sent in exchange for it was a Goldeen.

Finally, I needed one more Egg Move to get the Scrafty I wanted, and to do that I needed a certian 'mon. Fortunately, I managed to find a Riolu (which learns the move in quetion when it evolves) off the GTS and guess what? That one had some Egg Moves, a Timid Nature and four perfect IVs!

Last edited:
Earlier this month, I started breeding the5 IV Combusken I through wonder trade when it was a Torchic. It has the HA, jolly natured, and baton pass as an egg move, but the IVs are in the wrong place. The very first egg that I got and hatched, I got a perfect 6IV HA jolly Torchic! Fastest breeding session ever.

Whenever I defeat an opponent with a type that is weak against theirs. (It's just fun to use Blaziken against water types.)

I DID IT. I BEAT THE SKILL COURSE IN SOULSILVER. GENGAR, GARDEVOIR, ALAKAZAM, I FUCKING LOVE YOU GUYS.

Catching Xerneas in X using only one Great Ball.

I'm playing Pokemon Rumble, okay, just doing the rounds and seeing what new Pokemon I might catch or whatever, and I go to the Ruby Balloon, and there's a super fever. It has Latias but I aim for Combusken instead as I already have Latias. Of course, it takes me to the Latias spot and I go there, fight my way through the battle and enter the boss stage...
Latias is shining.
I quirked my eyebrows up and smirked, then defeated the little bugger and now she's the most powerful one on my team with over 1000 in power. Not exactly what I had in mind but she'll be useful, just like my other Latias. ^^ I've been catching quite a few bosses as of late, so luck must be shining on me. ♥ Now I just need to save up the gems to get the rest of the balloon stages. x3.

In the Nameless Cavern, I found and caught an Azelf.

Finally getting Gardevoir in Rumble World. She didn't want to cooperate with me at all and after several attempts, I was able to recruit her.

Even better? I have her and my husband doesn't. He nearly fell over with jealousy! XD

My copy of Pearl decided to appear. Caught Palkia and two of the Lake Guardians.

I just caught a 3-star Motor Drive Zebstrika that has a great nature, max attack and speed IVs, and a higher level than normal. :D Of course that's a freaking YES.

For days, I could not catch Shaymin in Pokemon Shuffle because I always run out of turns. So I went and got Entie out of desperation and used that, Kengikong, Articuno, and Scyther to try to get Shaymin again. It turns out that Entie is all I need to try to get Shaymin since it helped cut down Shaymin's HP a lot and Mega Kang takes out of the Shaymin and other rows of Pokemon on the board, doing a lot of combos. I managed to catch Shaymin at 38% catch rate! :D

"Shaymin easy for beginners" yeah right, it's hard....... -_-'

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom